Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Gop

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • Other

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Stay Home

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Depending on the candidate, I'm open to voting GOP. I will not vote for Obama. And I will not stay home.

• Banned
I'm voting for or writing in Ron Paul no matter what.

I never understood the logic of voting for someone who clearly has no chance of winning. Standing on principle only to basically toss a viable vote away. Its like saying you really dont care which person that CAN WIN ends up in the WH. So if you dont care why bother voting in the first place?

Given my preferences, I'd probably vote (now) for Marco Rubio.

But as things actually stand, I'm leaning toward Bachmann.

She says a few odd things, but seems to be the most committed to conservative principles.

Then strangely, given last night's debate, I am considering Perry.

His comment about SS being a Ponzi scheme has set-off the libbies, but that doesn't make him wrong about it, in general principle.

His "executive order" regarding Gardisil (sp?) is on legally shaky ground, at best. Kind of NON conservative behavior.

But still, on balance, he seems strong on many of the important issues.

Every blessed candidate will have strengths and weaknesses. Harping on the foibles will not help any of us make a decision.

Bottom, line, every last GOP candidate (even the sometimes looney Dr. Paul and even that half-a-Dem, Huntsman) are superior in virtually every way compared to the incumbent.

I never understood the logic of voting for someone who clearly has no chance of winning. Standing on principle only to basically toss a viable vote away. Its like saying you really dont care which person that CAN WIN ends up in the WH. So if you dont care why bother voting in the first place?

Sorry but that's not how it works, no vote is truly thrown away. Doesn't matter how unpopular it is. It's an exercise of freedom just as much an exercise of politics.

Sorry but that's not how it works, no vote is truly thrown away. Doesn't matter how unpopular it is. It's an exercise of freedom just as much an exercise of politics.

I understand the principle but it still doesnt change my mind.

I'll vote for Obama again. He's the lesser of two evils at this point.

I agree with this statement. I had MUCH higher hopes for Obama as a President, and he basically turned out to be much less than the hype. However, compared to the extremists the right is lining up against him, I feel better sticking with Obama.

Forum List

Back