If Texas goes blue, is America done for?

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
They're saying in the news that Texas is going blue, apparently five GOP Congressmen have resigned because they don't think they'd win re-election in 2020.

Texas has been a solid Republican state ever since the South switched over during the Nixon years.

If Texas goes blue, we lose every election I think. It would be hard to pull off a Republican victory without all those electoral votes.

Is it time to panic?

It is time for Democrats to put on the feather headpiece, beat the drums, and do a victory dance?

It could be just another media lie. It's hard to know what's true and what isn't true when the media lies so much.

They're saying in the news that Texas is going blue, apparently five GOP Congressmen have resigned because they don't think they'd win re-election in 2020.

Texas has been a solid Republican state ever since the South switched over during the Nixon years.

If Texas goes blue, we lose every election I think. It would be hard to pull off a Republican victory without all those electoral votes.

Is it time to panic?

It is time for Democrats to put on the feather headpiece, beat the drums, and do a victory dance?
A darker shade of purple at first and slowly getting more blue. You can blame Trump and how fucking useless the GOP in general is.

Nevada was a swing state, but all this movement of Californians here has turned us blue. They fled California to get away from high taxes and onerous regulations, but they remain Californians at heart, so they will vote for Democrats who will impose high taxes and onerous regulations here.

It could be just another media lie. It's hard to know what's true and what isn't true when the media lies so much.
O’Rourke lost by a tiny margin. There’s your first clue.
O'Rourke has a problem in Texas. The last time he and Trump spoke on the same day, Trump's speech was attended by tens of thousands of Texans. O'Rourke organized his own speech the same evening, and 20 people showed up. My vague recollection is that they both talked on border issues, and Trump received the A-oks, and Texans were saying Beto who? :rolleyes:

lolol.

Oh, when you mentioned O'Rourke I didn't know who you were talking about. Everyone always calls him Beto.

I think a man who runs for President should have something more on his resume than that he ran for Senate and lost.

O'Rourke has a problem in Texas. The last time he and Trump spoke on the same day, Trump's speech was attended by tens of thousands of Texans. O'Rourke organized his own speech the same evening, and 20 people showed up. My vague recollection is that they both talked on border issues, and Trump received the A-oks, and Texans were saying Beto who? :rolleyes:

lolol.
You know, it’s less about Beto himself and more about how goddamn shitty republicans are. Any ole’ dem would have had the same results.

Oh, when you mentioned O'Rourke I didn't know who you were talking about. Everyone always calls him Beto.

I think a man who runs for President should have something more on his resume than that he ran for Senate and lost.
I would agree, but the point isn’t about Beto. It’s about how goddamn awful republicans are. People are just shooting for anything not GOP.

I would agree, but the point isn’t about Beto. It’s about how goddamn awful republicans are. People are just shooting for anything not GOP.
Is that the reason why Republicans control the White House, the Senate, the Supreme Court, and a majority of governorships and state legislatures?

The Governor's race was interesting as well. In 2014, Democrats ran what was considered a top drawer candidate and put major resources into the race. The result was a 20 point Republican victory. In 2018, no top drawer candidate ran and Democrats put no major effort into the race. The result was a 13 point Republican victory. A drop of 7 points.

The Governor's race was interesting as well. In 2014, Democrats ran what was considered a top drawer candidate and put major resources into the race. The result was a 20 point Republican victory. In 2018, no top drawer candidate ran and Democrats put no major effort into the race. The result was a 13 point Republican victory. A drop of 7 points.
If you see a 13 point victory for Republicans as a victory for you, that's pretty awful. That's a massacre in any election to win by 13 points.

Is it time to panic?

Not yet, but soon.

It would be nice if he had done more than a reality show too.

Is it time to panic?

Not yet, but soon.
How will you celebrate if you take back the White House and the Senate?

Will it be an orgy of total lack of restraint like the Obama administration?

It would be nice if he had done more than a reality show too.
Trump built an Empire. Taking the job of President was actually a step down for him.

Is that the reason why Republicans control the White House, the Senate, the Supreme Court, and a majority of governorships and state legislatures?
It’s been a slow transition, I’ll agree, but thanks to Trump, the GOP is worse off than before and hopefully the damage is irreversible.

Is it time to panic?

A darker shade of purple at first and slowly getting more blue. You can blame Trump and how fucking useless the GOP in general is.

How bout we blame illegals

Forum List

Back