If teachers were given the option to conceal carry, schools would be a lot safer.

So wait...
You're paid enough to be willing to die to protect your kids, but you aren't paid enough to be willing to shoot someone else to protect your kids?
How does that make any sense?
It makes sense because she is not supposed to shoot anybody. She doesn't get paid enough to be a teacher and a police officer. Wouldn't it just be easier to ban military style semi-automatic weapons? What's so hard about doing that? Wouldn't it also be easier to stop politicians from accepting donations (bribes) from the NRA? If politicians didn't accept bribes from the NRA, we could get REAL gun control laws put in place.

So in other words, my refusal to carry in the classroom...
No one said you had to.
You, however, said you'd rather die protecting your kids, rather than carry one to protect your kids, because of any number of assumed circumstances.
That's a position borne of ignorance bigotry and irrational fear, and demonstrates you have no business teaching children.

No one said you had to.
You, however, said you'd rather die protecting your kids, rather than carry one to protect your kids, because of any number of assumed circumstances.
That's a position borne of ignorance bigotry and irrational fear, and demonstrates you have no business teaching children.

You assumed my circumstance. You don't know the first thing about teaching or what modern classrooms are like. If you did, you might understand why 70+% of TEXAS teachers don't want to carry in their classrooms.

And btw, I'm an award-winning, "highly qualified", published veteran teacher. I just had a perfect evaluation. I will take what my bosses over the last 27 years, along with parents and students, have said over some guy worried about his guns.

You assumed my circumstance.
No.. YOU assumed the situation, you would face if you were involved in a school shooting, and used that assumption to talk yourself our of carrying a gun.
You don't know the first thing about teaching or what modern classrooms are like....
You assume my cirumstances
I was married to a 1st grade teacher; I am currently married to the chair of the math department in a midwestern university you have heard of.
If you did, you might understand why 70+% of TEXAS teachers don't want to carry in their classrooms.
Ok - and what of the 30%+ who do?
And btw, I'm an award-winning, "highly qualified", published veteran teacher...
...who demonstrates conditions of ignorance, bigotry and irrational fear.
Does your school board know you;d rather die than have the means to stop someone trying to kill your kids?

Your ignornace, bigotry an irrational fear demonstrates that you have no business teaching children.
Actually I think she just is asking for the same sort of liability protections that police officers get, just in case things go badly during a shootout.

-----------------------------------------------------------
So in other words, my refusal to carry in the classroom puts your gun rights at risk and you take that personally and lash out personally as a result.
Actually no. Our gun rights are not at risk. We'll be keeping our guns no matter what.

If children are not protected from massacres, they will just keep dying.

Wouldn't it just be easier to ban military style semi-automatic weapons?
There is no such thing.

Military weapons are full-auto (or at least burst fire).

What's so hard about doing that?
It isn't possible to outlaw something that does not even exist.

Wouldn't it also be easier to stop politicians from accepting donations (bribes) from the NRA?
No. That would be unconstitutional.

If politicians didn't accept bribes from the NRA, we could get REAL gun control laws put in place.
No you couldn't. The NRA's power has nothing to do with money.

There is no such thing.

Military weapons are full-auto (or at least burst fire).

It isn't possible to outlaw something that does not even exist.

No. That would be unconstitutional.

No you couldn't. The NRA's power has nothing to do with money.
"The NRA's power has nothing to do with money". Please.
It has EVERYTHING to do with money.

No it doesn't. The NRA has power because we vote politicians out of office for the rest of their lives when they cross us.

Politicians dislike being voted out of office for the rest of their lives.

No.. YOU assumed the situation, you would face if you were involved in a school shooting, and used that assumption to talk yourself our of carrying a gun.

You assume my cirumstances
I was married to a 1st grade teacher; I am currently married to the chair of the math department in a midwestern university you have heard of.

Ok - and what of the 30%+ who do?

...who demonstrates conditions of ignorance, bigotry and irrational fear.
Does your school board know you;d rather die than have the means to stop someone trying to kill your kids?

I don't want to carry a gun in my classroom. If another teacher does that's their business, although it surely does not look like it's going to be allowed in my state/district.

I don't care what you think of that. I don't need your uninformed opinion on it. Period, the end.

Actually I think she just is asking for the same sort of liability protections that police officers get, just in case things go badly during a shootout.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Actually no. Our gun rights are not at risk. We'll be keeping our guns no matter what.

If children are not protected from massacres, they will just keep dying.

It is not my business to "protect" them by carrying a gun. I am a TEACHer. Not a police officer; not a security guard. If you want your child protected by a gun at all times, it's called homeschooling.

Again....

Don't blame the NRA for failed gun control efforts

You know how the argument goes. The "conventional wisdom" is the NRA's heavy spending stops hundreds of politicians from enacting the "common sense" gun control laws they and everyone else would otherwise support.
---------

There's only one problem with that theory. It's all wrong.

Of course, the NRA does spend money and it does have a sophisticated and persistent messaging operation. But so do dozens of other organizations and causes. So, how does the NRA stack up against them?
Not too well. The NRA, gun makers, and gun rights issues do not even show up on the OpenSecrets website lists for top lobbying firms, top lobbying sectors, top lobbying issues, or top lobbying industries for the years 1998-2017.

The figures for Florida Senator Marco Rubio are particularly educational, since he has been a target of a lot of anti-NRA screeds since the shooting in his home state. A look at the top 20 donors to Rubio directly and his PAC since 2009 does not include the NRA. Over his career since 2009, Rubio has raised a total of more than $91 million in donations. The NRA is responsible for just over $3 million of that, or 3.3 percent. Big whoop, as they say. Yes, $3 million is a lot of money and more than most of us could ever donate to anything. But context is everything, and the even a so-called "poster boy" for NRA donations would only be 3.3 percent lighter in campaign cash without them.

Again, that certainly doesn't mean the NRA isn't spending a lot of money. But the Poltifact fact-checking website puts the total amount of NRA spending since 1998 at $203 million. That figure is even smaller than it looks when you consider 30 percent of Americans, or about 100 million people, own a gun. By contrast, Wall Street and the broader financial industrial shelled out more than $1.1 billion in the 2016 election cycle alone. The financial industry employs only about six million people in total.

The bulk of that $203 million doesn't actually go to candidates as the hysterical tweets and finger pointers seem to believe. It's spent on those "issue ads" that you see mostly on cable news channels during election years. But even if those ads are extremely influential, they are a much different animal than direct campaign donations to individual congressional and presidential candidates.

There's even a question of whether the NRA is very persuasive among actual gun owners. Fewer than 20 percent of American gun owners are even NRA members. That should tell us something about the "chicken or the egg" argument about the gun lobby. The NRA is much more likely piggybacking off the beliefs of gun owners as opposed to framing them in the first place. The real power is with those voting gun owners, not the lobby group that purports to represent them.

Some gun control advocates are wise to this fact. New America senior fellow Lee Drutman has been working to debunk the myth of the all-powerful NRA's money for several years. Beginning in 2012, he noted the NRA hadn't even made donations to a majority of members of Congress. He also made the correct designation between allegiance and influence. That is, the NRA supports candidates that already align with its philosophy as opposed to paying them to toe the line.

Former New York City mayor and media billionaire Mike Bloomberg has thus made a futile point over the years to combat the NRA's money machine. Bloomberg founded "Everytown for Gun Safety" in 2014based on matching the NRA's financial clout. It hasn't been a total political failure. But in the wake of so many mass shootings since 2014, it's also fair to say Everytown hasn't been able to shepherd any new significant national gun laws to passage either.

A much better strategy is to talk less about the NRA and focus more on resurrecting the anti-gun violence measures Americans have supported in the past. That includes beefed up policing and improved background check systems.

A misbegotten path is introducing new rules and misrepresenting them to the public. That's what happened last year when Democrats tried a proposed rule that they and most of the news media portrayed as a way to keep guns from the "mentally ill." But it really sought to put people into the federal government gun background database if they received disability payments from Social Security and received assistance to manage their benefits due to mental impairments. That's a far cry from "mentally ill." Even the ACLU and mental health advocates lined up against that idea, not just the NRA.

My daughter while going to college, also went to the "women's weapon self defense course" and "conceal carry class". She passed with flying colors got her permit to carry and is now a full fledge teacher. More teachers with this capability would be the front line defense incase of a deranged Progressive moron (radicalized to hate America) wanted to come into the school with the intent to "murder" innocent children and teachers. Have the school system pay for the security those schools so badly need.

Ladies Concealed Carry Course • Shooters World

Ladies’ only course meets the requirements necessary for students to obtain their Florida Concealed Carry License. This is an intermediate level course, that reviews license protocols, use of force laws, firearm safety, and marksmanship. The class concludes with a live-fire exercise where students will demonstrate safe shooting skills.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=womens conceal carry course&qs=n&form=QBRE&=%eManage Your Search History%E&sp=-1&pq=womens conceal carry course&sc=4-27&sk=&cvid=D864FEB5CC31437B9044FA71C987426C#

Remember.
View attachment 649912 View attachment 649913
You yanks have some crazy logic

You yanks have some crazy logic
1656431762845.png

Forum List

Back