If schools are not opened on time and in full all towns and cities need to refund the school taxes

You know what? It was pretty good up until Jimmy Carter formed the Dept. of Education.
Schools were city/state/county responsibilities and produced higher-performing students.
First the Fed got the states hooked on block grants, then after a couple years, the Feds threatened to withhold the block grant if they don't do x, x, and x.
Yes, they produced higher performing students because no one cared if kids in poor schools like Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana did not learn anything and were not "counted". A good course of the history of education would clear up all of your inconsistencies.

You know what? It was pretty good up until Jimmy Carter formed the Dept. of Education.
Schools were city/state/county responsibilities and produced higher-performing students.
First the Fed got the states hooked on block grants, then after a couple years, the Feds threatened to withhold the block grant if they don't do x, x, and x.
Yes, they produced higher performing students because no one cared if kids in poor schools like Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana did not learn anything and were not "counted". A good course of the history of education would clear up all of your inconsistencies.
The people of Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana need to care about their kids, not the people of the other 47 States.

My goodness they would not dare think about taking our money but not rendering the service
That would be as dishonorable as telling police forces, funded by tax paying contributory non deadbeat Americans , to disregard acts of violence and thievery that we pay them to prevent.

The people of Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana need to care about their kids, not the people of the other 47 States.
The problem was that they weren't! Do you think that was OK? Those are just examples. Check the list of schools that received Title 1 funding.

Depending on where you live this can be more than 10,000 grand a year, so Americans are under no responsibility to fund schools that are not being used
Though not their own fault, the schools have been riding a Gravy Train for months. Why work? Just being human.

Now the train needs fuel to keep going and fuel is getting low. The second factor in this.

This is all on the Unions anyway.

But everyday of non instruction, is one less day of indoctrination to serfdom.
Yeah, you say that to yer corporate masters when you clock in Monday at work?
No. I retired when I was 50. But I have yelled at my corporate master many times. And I fired myself many times.

God if I ever had to work for a boss I wouldn't want to live. Are you kidding me? My occupation now is laughing at you watching the PGA on the tube.

You asked dude.

If schools don't open there will still be e-learning...do people really not get that?

Internet education is make pretend. It’s the typical liberal concern about their comfort of sitting at home in their jammies and slippers, not having to interact, and not under the discipline of having to concentrate and learn hard things.

Forum List

Back