If Project Veritas is not a legitimate source of information, then why did PBS just fire its own principal counsel right after Project Veritas...

Drop Dead Fred

Platinum Member
Jun 6, 2020
Time and time again, liberals keep saying that Project Veritas is not a legitimate source of information.

So why did PBS just fire its own principal counsel right after Project Veritas released this video of him?

PBS Fires Former Employee Following Project Veritas Video Exposing ‘Hateful Rhetoric’

PBS Fires Former Employee Following Project Veritas Video Exposing ‘Hateful Rhetoric’

By Mary Margaret Olohan

January 12, 2020

PBS is distancing itself from a former employee featured in a Project Veritas video who appeared to defend violent attacks on the White House, proposed re-education for the children of President Donald Trump supporters, and praised the COVID-19 deaths of GOP voters.

“This employee no longer works for PBS,” a PBS spokesperson told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “As a mid-level staff attorney, he did not speak on behalf of our organization, nor did he make any editorial decisions.”

“There is no place for hateful rhetoric at PBS, and this individual’s views in no way reflect our values or opinions,” the spokesperson said. “We strongly condemn violence and will continue to do what we have done for 50 years — use our national platform and local presence to strengthen communities and bring people together.”

PBS did not clarify to the DCNF whether the employee was fired as a result of the video. Project Veritas tweeted Tuesday afternoon that former PBS principal counsel Michael Beller had been fired.

Project Veritas published a video Tuesday that allegedly shows Beller saying, “We go for all the Republican voters and Homeland Security will take their children away…we’ll put them into the re-education camps.”

Another clip shows Beller allegedly discussing “enlightenment camps,” saying, “They’re nice, they have Sesame Street characters in the classrooms, and they watch PBS all day.”

“Americans are so f*cking dumb,” Beller allegedly said in the video. “You know, most people are dumb. It’s good to live in a place [Washington, D.C.] where people are educated and know stuff. Could you imagine if you lived in one of these other towns or cities where everybody’s just stupid?”

The video also shows Beller allegedly saying, “What’s great is that COVID is spiking in all the red states right now. So that’s great…a lot of them [red state voters] are sick and dying.”

It’s still unclear if Beller was speaking in his own voice, interpreting how GOP voters feel, or recounting something he’d heard.

Time and time again, liberals keep saying that Project Veritas is not a legitimate source of information.

So why did PBS just fire its own principal counsel right after Project Veritas released this video of him?

By Mary Margaret Olohan

January 12, 2020

PBS is distancing itself from a former employee featured in a Project Veritas video who appeared to defend violent attacks on the White House, proposed re-education for the children of President Donald Trump supporters, and praised the COVID-19 deaths of GOP voters.

“This employee no longer works for PBS,” a PBS spokesperson told the Daily Caller News Foundation. “As a mid-level staff attorney, he did not speak on behalf of our organization, nor did he make any editorial decisions.”

“There is no place for hateful rhetoric at PBS, and this individual’s views in no way reflect our values or opinions,” the spokesperson said. “We strongly condemn violence and will continue to do what we have done for 50 years — use our national platform and local presence to strengthen communities and bring people together.”

PBS did not clarify to the DCNF whether the employee was fired as a result of the video. Project Veritas tweeted Tuesday afternoon that former PBS principal counsel Michael Beller had been fired.

Project Veritas published a video Tuesday that allegedly shows Beller saying, “We go for all the Republican voters and Homeland Security will take their children away…we’ll put them into the re-education camps.”

Another clip shows Beller allegedly discussing “enlightenment camps,” saying, “They’re nice, they have Sesame Street characters in the classrooms, and they watch PBS all day.”

“Americans are so f*cking dumb,” Beller allegedly said in the video. “You know, most people are dumb. It’s good to live in a place [Washington, D.C.] where people are educated and know stuff. Could you imagine if you lived in one of these other towns or cities where everybody’s just stupid?”

The video also shows Beller allegedly saying, “What’s great is that COVID is spiking in all the red states right now. So that’s great…a lot of them [red state voters] are sick and dying.”

It’s still unclear if Beller was speaking in his own voice, interpreting how GOP voters feel, or recounting something he’d heard.

It’s only shills work if for China like Clayton that says they are not a reliable source,btw Fred,did you get my pm? PBS is a mouthpiece for the government they still lie to us that Oswald killed jfk.

btw Fred,did you get my pm?

Yes, but I didn't post in that thread. I did see it.
Oh that’s fine you didn’t I just want to make sure you watched it and have emailed it to all your friends,it needs to get out to as many people as possible so please tell me you emailed it to your friends?

I didn't watch it or email it to anyone. I don't cite InfoWars as a source.

I'm not saying it's not true. I would just prefer a better source.

I've seen other videos, from other sources, that were about the same kind of thing. Maybe even with that same nurse. If not her, it was a different nurse saying similar things.

Well look at how many; times that they were wrong. Look at how many cases they lost where they were wrong.

Project Veritas loses jury verdict to Democratic consulting firm

Project Veritas loses jury verdict to Democratic consulting firm

Project Veritas Loses Suit Against CNN on Twitter Ban Report

Project Veritas Loses Defamation Lawsuit Against CNN for Depicting Twitter Ban as Part of 'Misinformation' Crackdown
In 2009, Project Veritas associates published misleading[2] videos that depicted ACORN employees providing advice on concealing illegal activity, causing ACORN to shut down after losing funding;[3] ACORN was cleared of wrongdoing by the Attorney General of California in 2010,[2] and the associates paid a total of $150,000 in settlements to an ACORN employee who sued for defamation
Project Veritas Loses Defamation Lawsuit Against CNN for Depicting Twitter Ban as Part of 'Misinformation' Crackdown
Project Veritas unsuccessfully attempted to mislead The Washington Post into publishing false information about the Roy Moore sexual misconduct allegations in 2017;[33][20] the Post won a Pulitzer Prize after uncovering the operation.[
In 2022, a jury awarded $120,000 against Project Veritas for fraudulent misrepresentation concerning nonprofit Democracy Partners.
In 2014, Project Veritas released a video purporting to show illegalities in voter registration activities conducted by Battleground Texas.[131] A complaint against Battleground Texas was filed with the Secretary of State office, where the case was ultimately referred to two special prosecutors. The special prosecutors' 18 page report concluded there was "no applicable criminal offense for the alleged act and insufficient evidence to suggest potential offenses." The report also described the video as "little more than a canard and political disinformation". The case was dismissed.

They are wrong a lot of the times.

Still if they are right then how come they so easily dismissed O'Keefe.

Forum List

Back