If “Not Voting” was a candidate

I don't plan on voting for president on my ballot but I will vote on all of the state, county, and city measures being proposed and also several of the state and local elections on my ballot.

What is the rationale behind that?
your vote actually means more on the local level than the national level

That's nice -
It's nice because it's true

also totally irrelevant to my question of her
You asked why she would not vote for president but vote on her local issues

And the answer is that votes in local elections actually count more and will have more of a direct impact on one's life.

What's the point of voting for anyone for president if you know the people in your state are going to overwhelmingly vote for the other guy?

What's the point of not?

If it's not going to make a difference in your state why bother?

And if we have a couple of real shitty idiots running (which we do) why bother?

It could be said that your vote doesn't make a difference in every state, if you voted for the candidate that does not win.
You are already marking the ballot and it's too much bother to make one additional mark?
You are not just voting for the President, also the Vice President, the cabinet and Secretary of State Judges and Justices, etc.
I know ya'll hate to hear this, it really is a team effort - there are 2 divergent paths to take.
Not believing one of the two teams is better in total is not based in reality.
Seems like less than a great way to run a country.

I refuse to vote for any candidate that sucks ass like these two do.

Sure i could vote for a third party but that's no different than not voting at all.

Just Stupid
That's all

Your opinion and guess what that means to me.

It means your stupid.

Again your opinion and again IDGAF about your opinion

That's nice.

I don't plan on voting for president on my ballot but I will vote on all of the state, county, and city measures being proposed and also several of the state and local elections on my ballot.

What is the rationale behind that?
your vote actually means more on the local level than the national level

That's nice -

also totally irrelevant to my question of her
You asked why she would not vote for president but vote on her local issues

And the answer is that votes in local elections actually count more and will have more of a direct impact on one's life.

What's the point of voting for anyone for president if you know the people in your state are going to overwhelmingly vote for the other guy?

What's the point of not?

If it's not going to make a difference in your state why bother?

And if we have a couple of real shitty idiots running (which we do) why bother?

It could be said that your vote doesn't make a difference in every state, if you voted for the candidate that does not win.
You are already marking the ballot and it's too much bother to make one additional mark?
You are not just voting for the President, also the Vice President, the cabinet and Secretary of State Judges and Justices, etc.
I know ya'll hate to hear this, it really is a team effort - there are 2 divergent paths to take.
Not believing one of the two teams is better in total is not based in reality.
Seems like less than a great way to run a country.

I refuse to vote for any candidate that sucks ass like these two do.

Sure i could vote for a third party but that's no different than not voting at all.

Just Stupid
That's all

Your opinion and guess what that means to me.

It means your stupid.

Again your opinion and again IDGAF about your opinion

That's nice.

That you are stupid?
Yes.

The “consent of the governed” is BS. It’s illegitimate!
View attachment 404281

I got news for you, Sparky. If one chooses not to vote and to allow others to decide, then one is consenting to live by their decision.

Who misled you to believe that "consent of the governed" required ACTIVE consent?
LMFAO sweet cheeks. That’s absurd propaganda. You got duped. Americans want to believe they live in a democracy. It’s a lie darling.

No, what's a lie is that you're man enough to mansplain to me.

You allow others to make decisions for you because you're too lazy and cowardly to look after yourself, and you justify it by saying, "Doom and gloom are inevitable, I'm not a needle-dicked coward, I'm a pragmatist by doing nothing."

All you've proven here is that you view yourself with as much contempt as I view you, but you resent me for being honest about it when you won't.

You are now classified as meaningless, useless vapor. Congratulations, and FLUSH!

View attachment 404281

I got news for you, Sparky. If one chooses not to vote and to allow others to decide, then one is consenting to live by their decision.

Who misled you to believe that "consent of the governed" required ACTIVE consent?
LMFAO sweet cheeks. That’s absurd propaganda. You got duped. Americans want to believe they live in a democracy. It’s a lie darling.

No, what's a lie is that you're man enough to mansplain to me.

You allow others to make decisions for you because you're too lazy and cowardly to look after yourself, and you justify it by saying, "Doom and gloom are inevitable, I'm not a needle-dicked coward, I'm a pragmatist by doing nothing."

All you've proven here is that you view yourself with as much contempt as I view you, but you resent me for being honest about it when you won't.

You are now classified as meaningless, useless vapor. Congratulations, and FLUSH!
Delusional, but typical conservative dribble.

I view myself as an extraordinarily intelligent person, because I am. Clearly head and shoulders above you in every sense.

View attachment 404281

That’s so cute. I choose not to give my assent to being ruled over by either gang of thugs

That's so cute, that you think you can hide your laziness and cowardice behind a pretense of "I'm not shoving my responsibilities off onto others while I uselessly bitch and whine; I'm making a principled stand of refusing my consent to be governed . . . while continuing to live in the country and subject myself to its laws."

No, wait, that's not cute. That's craven, panty-wearing ignorance. Stop flattering yourself that you're being a "rugged, independent manly man" and own up to being a whinging leech on society.

View attachment 404281

That’s so cute. I choose not to give my assent to being ruled over by either gang of thugs

That's so cute, that you think you can hide your laziness and cowardice behind a pretense of "I'm not shoving my responsibilities off onto others while I uselessly bitch and whine; I'm making a principled stand of refusing my consent to be governed . . . while continuing to live in the country and subject myself to its laws."

No, wait, that's not cute. That's craven, panty-wearing ignorance. Stop flattering yourself that you're being a "rugged, independent manly man" and own up to being a whinging leech on society.
F2631F87-F351-40FF-A6AA-496EE540A4AD.gif

View attachment 404281

I am bumfuzzled by your map. Everybody's voting in Wisconsin.

In Gip's mind if you are voting for 1 of the 2 actually running - then it's f'ed up.
“Most US progressives (A) say it's wrong to vote third party this election, (B) acknowledge that a two-party system which always creates a choice between two corrupt warmongers is wrong, and (C) will do absolutely nothing to try and end that two-party system after this election.”

Apparently conservatives are exactly the same.
Can you tell us which candidate we have now is a warmonger?
Joe and Don for starters.
I would like to see the evidence you have Trump is a warmonger...

There's none.
Exactly.there are things trump has done that has pissed me off but that’s not one he has done.

He's been almost flawless.
Lets not get carried away now.LOL thats true if you compare him to the last five corrupt administrations we have but thats streching it if you are just judging him as a president.LOL

It’s called quitting, rather than changing by small steps. That does no one any good. You vote candidate closest to your beliefs, then encourage them in your direction or encourage and fervently get behind a candidate that is even closer to your liking, through activism for the next go round, to be sure they are heard.
But do realize there will always have to be some compromise as we, as a nation, are not clones of each other and never will be. Just as in daily life we never get exactly what we want all the time, unless we isolate ourselves from all others. Hope that makes sense.
Funny, that's the same lame-assed argument that democrats give to vote for their chumps.

LO2E still gives us evil....Fuck that noise.

Why would I vote evil when I can just vote Trump?

This election is so easy.
That's your call and I support that.

See how that works?....We dropouts feel no need to browbeat or deride you into making the choices we've made.

We live and let live....Murica and the world need a lot more of that.
I take it the Libertarians aren’t voting for their own candidate?

It’s called quitting, rather than changing by small steps. That does no one any good. You vote candidate closest to your beliefs, then encourage them in your direction or encourage and fervently get behind a candidate that is even closer to your liking, through activism for the next go round, to be sure they are heard.
But do realize there will always have to be some compromise as we, as a nation, are not clones of each other and never will be. Just as in daily life we never get exactly what we want all the time, unless we isolate ourselves from all others. Hope that makes sense.
Funny, that's the same lame-assed argument that democrats give to vote for their chumps.

See how that works?....We dropouts feel no need to browbeat or deride you into making the choices we've made.

I take it the Libertarians are voting for their own candidate?
Likely....I dropped out long ago.

I take it the Libertarians aren’t voting for their own candidate?
Some. Mostly the ones who are desperately seeking the approval of the NYT/Washington Post editorial boards

Forum List

Back