If marijuana were made legal, would you try it?

If marijuana were legal, would you try it?

• Total voters

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
If marijuana 'for recreational use' were made legal in your area, would you try it? Assume it remains federally illegal, but the government stands by it's promise not to enforce the ban.

If marijuana 'for recreational use' were made legal in your area, would you try it? Assume it remains federally illegal, but the government stands by it's promise not to enforce the ban.

It being federal and state illegal hasnt stopped me in the past.

if one wants to kill their grey cells and impair the cognitive function - why not.

There is plenty of ways to have fun without causing physical harm to the body.

Unless you have an illness which causes some symptoms which could be alleviated by THC

so - NO.

even if it would be legal on any level.

Last edited:
if one wants to kill their grey cells and impair the cognitive function - why not.

Unless you have an illness which causes some symptoms which could be alleviated by THC

so - NO.

Evidence that Marijuana kills any brain cells? Link?

so - NO.

What the hell is your excuse?

so - NO.

Vox, do you drink alcohol? Be honest now.

socially. don't try to equate the substance which is beneficial in very small doses ( alcohol) with a substance which is harmful even in very small doses ( marijuana)

so - NO.

What the hell is your excuse?

I hate smoking :D

so - NO.

Evidence that Marijuana kills any brain cells? Link?

google. com scholar section :D

so - NO.

socially. don't try to equate the substance which is beneficial in very small doses ( alcohol) with a substance which is harmful even in very small doses ( marijuana)

I gave up booze years ago (except for a couple of Martinis a year). I found alcohol to be dangerous. I lost a friend to a drunk driver. My wife works with battered women and she knows how much alcohol plays into that. I have a friend of mine who is a counselor at a treatment center, he has repeatedly that next to heroin and meth that alcohol is one of the worse addiction to have, it destroys lives. Even though pot as several flaws, it's not comparable to the harm booze can have and it's far more addicting than pot.

Colorado and Washington both passed legislation that legalizes the recreational use of marijuana on Tuesday.

While recreational marijuana is controversial, many people believe that the drug should be legal, especially for medical uses.

Psychiatrist Tod H. Mikuriya, who helped develop Proposition 215, the state ballot that allowed doctors to recommend marijuana for patients in California, began researching marijuana's therapeutic possibilities in the 1960s.

He believed the symptoms of over 200 ailments could be treated with marijuana including stuttering, insomnia, premenstrual syndrome, and writer’s cramp. Even the National Cancer Institute agrees with Mikuriya — specifically the use of marijuana for treatment of side effects of chemotherapy, preventing nausea and vomiting, increasing appetite, relieving pain, and improving sleep.

While the benefits and risks of smoking pot may be overstated by advocates and opponents of marijuana legalization, the new legalization will help researchers study the drugs' medicinal uses, and better understand how it impacts the body.

Health Benefits of Medical Marijuana - Business Insider

If it becomes legal here, I would try it again but not smoking it. There are many more ways of injesting it and I would do it.

I would probably smoke it occasionally. But I do that now.

As for the comparison between alcohol and pot, the biggest difference is that many people drink alcohol without getting drunk. I never met anyone who smoked pot without getting stoned.

But if you compare what each does, alcohol is FAR more dangerous.

I gave up booze years ago (except for a couple of Martinis a year). I found alcohol to be dangerous. I lost a friend to a drunk driver. My wife works with battered women and she knows how much alcohol plays into that. I have a friend of mine who is a counselor at a treatment center, he has repeatedly that next to heroin and meth that alcohol is one of the worse addiction to have, it destroys lives. Even though pot as several flaws, it's not comparable to the harm booze can have and it's far more addicting than pot.

Yep. Alcohol (along with Benzodiazepines) is one of the only drugs in which the withdrawal can actually kill you.

pot is much more harmful than booze will ever be.

especially if you compare apples with apples and oranges with oranges - social drink here in there with a smoke here and there and no driving involved might be compared for adults, minus the risks of smoking per se ( which are the same, no matter what you smoke - tobacco or pot).

but even moderate pot intoxication on a regular basis is way more harmful than moderate alcohol drinking ( everyday but not to the point of drunk).
both impair driving extensively.

heavy pot users are killing their brains and everything else much faster than heavy drinkers - as not everybody will become alcoholic, only those who have specific enzyme deficiency.

plus mild regular alcohol intake is beneficial, but it has to be really very mild ( not more than 50 ml of red or white wine per day - and that is very small amount) and there is no benefit in a mild pot smoking at all.

New Topics

Forum List

Back