If LGBT can dictate pronouns to use (or else complain of harassment), can Atheists and Christians dictate terms to use to avoid offending them?

Golden rule my foot.
Most repigs and are godbotherers, racist
Xenophobes. They hate gays etc because it abhorrent to their hideous beliefs.
I don't care if you worship cancerous tumours or holes in the ground, it's all rubbish. Its not as if Buddhism has reduced suffering in the world when you co side the poverty that resides in countries where they are prevalent.
Come on comrade. You have to be kidding.
I believe in using a combination of 1. Buddhist objectivity in focusing on wisdom and compassion for more sustainable solutions to benefit society and humanity collectively
Example of sustainable Buddhist economy: www.tbt.org www.pdmpwebsite.org www.medcoops.info
2. Christian prayer to overcome unforgiveness causing anger, abuse and sickness that leads to addiction, disease and crime www.christianhealingmin.org www.healingisyours.com www.ariseandshine.org
3. And teaching Constitutional ethics on equal protections, responsibility and empowerment by knowledge of the laws
www.ethics-commission.net
Www.campusplan.org
Www.earnedamnesty.org

Colin norris I support you and others seeking to end the abuses and oppression you point out. I agree no groups or systems should be used to enable or perpetuate such destruction and injustice. May I also point out that all causes of disparity, abuse or oppression violate principles in either one or more of the above 3: so that correcting these problems depends on addressing people CAUSING the abuses by holding them to the principles THEY respond to.

If Christianity doesn't work, try presenting the problem or solution using Constitutional standards. Or explain in secular terms, objectively without judgment as Buddhism explains the cause and cure of suffering.

Whatever works, I support.

These 3 happen to work most of the time. Different audience respond to different approaches and everyone I know has their own way of understanding, perceiving and expressing what is causing problems in the world and what are the steps or best ways to fix them.

Speaking with wisdom and compassion as Buddhists seek to do, in addition to Christian faith in healing relations and redeeming ourselves after injustice, plus Constitutional respect for equal expression of people's beliefs are all helpful tools.

Everyone has their own beliefs, and right of free speech to express consent or dissent, so I respect that and encourage everyone to follow the Golden Rule. And respect for others the same rights and protections we want for ourselves.

Very powerful compelling influence if we agree to enforce universal standards for ourselves and others!

PS Christianity also teaches that when we forgive others, we are forgiven. When we don't forgive others, neither are we. Politics shows what this looks like, with one party forgiving corruption by their leaders, projecting blame onto the other they don't forgive, and both exploiting problems without solving them just to get donations and votes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724-190535_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724-190535_Chrome.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Ex-gay definitely exists as it's own movement. Some claim that they no longer experience same sex attraction (doubtful, if you ask me, but I'm not gonna go up to em and tell them they're lying), some kinda leave it vague and just say they "left the lifestyle".
I'm part of what's known as "side B", meaning we follow traditional Biblical teaching on homosexuality, but we don't believe same sex attraction really goes away. We simply live with it and devote ourselves to celibacy.
Thanks evenifigoalone
I deeply appreciate having you here and expressing your own experiences and views. That is the key to solutions: recognizing and respecting individual perspectives, not classing them all together as one collective identity or statement.

I find each person may be different.
People spiritually born gay, straight, transgender etc. are different from people who experienced conditions in life that induced reactions which may or may not be permanent.

In the case of Milo, if he was gay BEFORE he was abused by priests or older men, he still may not change just because the abusive conditions get healed.

I believe this is a spiritual process and not govt business to label, mandate or regulate.

Perhaps we could agree on objective neutral terms, like adding "sexual beliefs" or "spiritual or political beliefs" to the definitions of creed or religious freedom.

So all types of beliefs are equally protected, without naming some in favor over others.

ummmmmm what do you think of this ^

No such thing. The only intersex kids are hermaphrodites and they are almost as rare as hen's teeth.
Almost all humans are born with female or male genitalia. Fact.
I don't like people changes the definition of words to suit their agenda.
Don't get me wrong, I support Trans people in terms of their rights. Should be just like everybody else, but when they start this 'pronoun' stuff, nah, I call BS.
You identify as a woman? Get your junk cut off, grow some breasts and go through the whole sex change rigmarole like Caitlyn Jenner? More than happy to call you ma'am rather than sir (although I'd still object to you entering a sporting event as a woman just because from a physiology POV it would be totally unfair on female athletes).
But a chair is not a table. The sky is not land. A car is not a fence. Words have meanings. If you have a penis and testicles, you are by definition a man. If you have breasts and a vagina, you are a woman. End of story.
Not XX and not XYone in 1,666 births
Klinefelter (XXY)one in 1,000 births
Androgen insensitivity syndromeone in 13,000 births
Partial androgen insensitivity syndromeone in 130,000 births
Classical congenital adrenal hyperplasiaone in 13,000 births
Late onset adrenal hyperplasiaone in 66 individuals
Vaginal agenesisone in 6,000 births
Ovotestesone in 83,000 births
Idiopathic (no discernable medical cause)one in 110,000 births
Iatrogenic (caused by medical treatment, for instance progestin administered to pregnant mother)no estimate
5 alpha reductase deficiencyno estimate
Mixed gonadal dysgenesisno estimate
Complete gonadal dysgenesisone in 150,000 births
Hypospadias (urethral opening in perineum or along penile shaft)one in 2,000 births
Hypospadias (urethral opening between corona and tip of glans penis)one in 770 births
Total number of people whose bodies differ from standard male or femaleone in 100 births
Total number of people receiving surgery to “normalize” genital appearanceone or two in 1,000 births

No such thing. The only intersex kids are hermaphrodites and they are almost as rare as hen's teeth.
Almost all humans are born with female or male genitalia. Fact.
I don't like people changes the definition of words to suit their agenda.
Don't get me wrong, I support Trans people in terms of their rights. Should be just like everybody else, but when they start this 'pronoun' stuff, nah, I call BS.
You identify as a woman? Get your junk cut off, grow some breasts and go through the whole sex change rigmarole like Caitlyn Jenner? More than happy to call you ma'am rather than sir (although I'd still object to you entering a sporting event as a woman just because from a physiology POV it would be totally unfair on female athletes).
But a chair is not a table. The sky is not land. A car is not a fence. Words have meanings. If you have a penis and testicles, you are by definition a man. If you have breasts and a vagina, you are a woman. End of story.

Male or Female? Brains are Intersex​

--------------------------
its due to the christian thinking that think either a male or female at birth.

I've noted this as well.

If simply disagreeing with critical Trans ideology means you are rejecting them or hating them, the same goes for Christianity and all religions.

Of course, that's a ridiculous notion, which is why it needs to be pointed out, so that we can all realize how ridiculous the claims and slanders by the Trans community are.

Spreading nasty rumors about people shouldn't condoned by anyone.

Not XX and not XYone in 1,666 births
Klinefelter (XXY)one in 1,000 births
Androgen insensitivity syndromeone in 13,000 births
Partial androgen insensitivity syndromeone in 130,000 births
Classical congenital adrenal hyperplasiaone in 13,000 births
Late onset adrenal hyperplasiaone in 66 individuals
Vaginal agenesisone in 6,000 births
Ovotestesone in 83,000 births
Idiopathic (no discernable medical cause)one in 110,000 births
Iatrogenic (caused by medical treatment, for instance progestin administered to pregnant mother)no estimate
5 alpha reductase deficiencyno estimate
Mixed gonadal dysgenesisno estimate
Complete gonadal dysgenesisone in 150,000 births
Hypospadias (urethral opening in perineum or along penile shaft)one in 2,000 births
Hypospadias (urethral opening between corona and tip of glans penis)one in 770 births
Total number of people whose bodies differ from standard male or femaleone in 100 births
Total number of people receiving surgery to “normalize” genital appearanceone or two in 1,000 births

Male or Female? Brains are Intersex​

--------------------------
its due to the christian thinking that think either a male or female at birth.
All you have done is prove my point that those situations are very rare. I'm a full blown atheist.

Ex-gay definitely exists as it's own movement. Some claim that they no longer experience same sex attraction (doubtful, if you ask me, but I'm not gonna go up to em and tell them they're lying), some kinda leave it vague and just say they "left the lifestyle".
I'm part of what's known as "side B", meaning we follow traditional Biblical teaching on homosexuality, but we don't believe same sex attraction really goes away. We simply live with it and devote ourselves to celibacy.
There's ex-trans people too. A major documentary was made about it, but it was censored by one of the providers... Netflix I think.

Wrongthink.

Forum List

Back