If Jews have rights to Israel because of history, do American Indians have rights to America...?

We are humans. We have been bound to war for thousands of years. Conquering is in our nature.
Nobody has a right to land, except the current dominate group inhabiting that land.

If Jews have rights to Israel because of history, do American Indians have rights to America because of history?

I have a better suggestion.

Instead of focusing on a tiny little minority that has one minute sliver of land to call their own, why don't you focus on improving yourself, instead, so you won't need your imaginary bogeyman?

We are humans. We have been bound to war for thousands of years. Conquering is in our nature.
Nobody has a right to land, except the current dominate group inhabiting that land.

....and Jews, no one else tho

If Jews have rights to Israel because of history, do American Indians have rights to America because of history?
Whether Jews have diving rights to Israel or not, none of that implicates them in doing anything illegal or unfair to any other people. How Jews came back to the Holy Land is well documented. The only ones who have problems with that are Muslims who hate Jews no matter who they are or where they live.

American Indians are not the great victims of humanity. Again, you cannot tell these stories in two paragraphs so do not expect it.

The entire Middle East, since the fall of the Ottoman Empire is comprised of made-up countries with made-up borders, most ruled by strong men with no legitimate authority, at least by Western standards.

The process of acquiring land, putting up borders, and saying "this is mine!" has a long history in the world and it is unreal to treat Israel as unique or unworthy because their grab is more recent and better documented than most. And on the other side, there has never been a country of "Palestine," nor is Palestinian a distinct ethnicity; it merely describes the indigenous arabs and jews who lived in that particular region of the Ottoman Empire. So if the jews are not "entitled" to the land of Israel, who is? By what right?

The American Indians were a collection of Stone Age, largely nomadic societies who didn't even acknowledge or consider the concept of "ownership" of land. To them, it was like air, water, and wildlife - there for everyone to use. So while it's undeniable that the "white man" has treated "Indians" badly (to say the least), the mandates of human progress dictated that their cultures and societies would be swept aside, one way or another. Consider: no tribe in the Americas had (a) any domesticated animals that could be used for work, (b) invented the wheel, or (c) developed any metals that were robust enough to hold a knife edge or constitute a useful shield.

And yet if another similar continent with similarly retarded populations were discovered tomorrow, today's Progressives would be utterly convinced that they should be left alone, because we are no better then they are.

I have a better suggestion.

Instead of focusing on a tiny little minority that has one minute sliver of land to call their own, why don't you focus on improving yourself, instead, so you won't need your imaginary bogeyman?

None of that was the question.

The contention has been made that the Jews are the original inhabitants of Palestine, so it rightfully belongs to them.

Why does that rule NOT apply when it comes to American Indians?

Whether Jews have diving rights to Israel or not, none of that implicates them in doing anything illegal or unfair to any other people. How Jews came back to the Holy Land is well documented. The only ones who have problems with that are Muslims who hate Jews no matter who they are or where they live.

American Indians are not the great victims of humanity. Again, you cannot tell these stories in two paragraphs so do not expect it.

Well me I'm not a fan of Islam. But I am a fan of justice.

Why does the rule NOT apply to the American Indians?

The entire Middle East, since the fall of the Ottoman Empire is comprised of made-up countries with made-up borders, most ruled by strong men with no legitimate authority, at least by Western standards.

The process of acquiring land, putting up borders, and saying "this is mine!" has a long history in the world and it is unreal to treat Israel as unique or unworthy because their grab is more recent and better documented than most. And on the other side, there has never been a country of "Palestine," nor is Palestinian a distinct ethnicity; it merely describes the indigenous arabs and jews who lived in that particular region of the Ottoman Empire. So if the jews are not "entitled" to the land of Israel, who is? By what right?

The American Indians were a collection of Stone Age, largely nomadic societies who didn't even acknowledge or consider the concept of "ownership" of land. To them, it was like air, water, and wildlife...

Stopped here. No offense, but bullsh*t. They fought wars for the land because they felt it was theirs.

For sure, Native Americans have more of a right to America. That's what makes people like Tinmore so hypocritical. His moral "high horse" would be so much more enhanced, if he would move back to Scandinavia. Not only that, but he personally illegally invaded Vietnam, a sovereign nation.

By the way, since we are on this issue, I discovered something fascinating recently. The various Indian reservations in this country are considered "sovereign nations" in their own right. At the same time though, Native Americans are also American citizens.

The American Indians were a collection of Stone Age, largely nomadic societies who didn't even acknowledge or consider the concept of "ownership" of land. To them, it was like air, water, and wildlife - there for everyone to use.
I disagree that is "retarded." But you are forgetting the South American native populations that had huge, well organized civilizations and big buildings, roads and all. They fought over territory just like Europeans, as if that is a good thing.
Democracy and communism. Interesting combination that served the tribes well.

Well me I'm not a fan of Islam. But I am a fan of justice.

Why does the rule NOT apply to the American Indians?
What "rule?"
We are talking about times when much of the world was unknown, undiscovered and no borders were drawn up as to who "owned" what. Just about every square inch of inhabited land today was at some point taken over by a more dominant group from one that preceded it. Why is the American Indian plight so special? Maybe some surviving members of the Etruscans can lay claim to much of Italy and have Italians removed? I believe some celtic people were overtaken by the Romans in Britain, they should lay claim to "their land" now. And indians were not all that nice to their indian neighbors in many instances. I do not doubt they took land from neighboring tribes and so be it.

Exploration and conquering back then is far different than what has been the last 200 years. It is time to move forward instead of asking for constant retribution what happened 300 years ago. The United States has been far more generous and considerate than any other nation to the people or land they may have taken over.

To any sane sensible intelligent person they do, and not for the same reasons the Jews have a right to Jewish Palestine. It is only the racists that say that the Jews don't have any rights

New Topics

Forum List

Back