If Islam is "really a peaceful religion"

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Then howcome EVERYTIME the folks are critisized or poked fun at (as in those comics) they ALWAYS go out with "rage in the sreets"?

Freakin morons need a life...

Islam really IS The Religion of Peace.

If your idea of "peace" means total surrender and submission. Then, yes, it is.

Just like Islam doesn't allow suicide or the murder of innocents. How many times have you heard that one? Well, it's true. Islam does not allow suicide or the murder of innocents. Killing yourself in defense of Islam is not suicide. It's the highest honor any Muslim can achieve. Murder of innocents? Well, then we have to define who is "innocent". There is no such thing as an innocent Jew. So scratch them. Us Americans? Nope. Scratch us, too.

The reason Muslim terrorists can kill at will is because their victims are not their problem. Muslims are taught that God will sort it all out. Only God can judge, so if a Muslim kills, it's up to God to decide who is innocent and who isn't. If a Muslim kills another Muslim, then their victim, too, is considered a martyr and will be rewarded. If their victim isn't a Muslim, then God will sort that out, too. It's not their problem to worry about it.

Islam really IS The Religion of Peace.

If your idea of "peace" means total surrender and submission. Then, yes, it is.

Just like Islam doesn't allow suicide or the murder of innocents. How many times have you heard that one? Well, it's true. Islam does not allow suicide or the murder of innocents. Killing yourself in defense of Islam is not suicide. It's the highest honor any Muslim can achieve. Murder of innocents? Well, then we have to define who is "innocent". There is no such thing as an innocent Jew. So scratch them. Us Americans? Nope. Scratch us, too.

The reason Muslim terrorists can kill at will is because their victims are not their problem. Muslims are taught that God will sort it all out. Only God can judge, so if a Muslim kills, it's up to God to decide who is innocent and who isn't. If a Muslim kills another Muslim, then their victim, too, is considered a martyr and will be rewarded. If their victim isn't a Muslim, then God will sort that out, too. It's not their problem to worry about it.

I'm guessing the "pro-life" movement isn't too popular in Muslim countries...

:D

Then howcome EVERYTIME the folks are critisized or poked fun at (as in those comics) they ALWAYS go out with "rage in the sreets"?

Freakin morons need a life...

An artist makes a cartoon of a Muslim with a bomb in his turban. Muslims cry “foul” and we criticize the Muslims and ask them to tolerate free speech. Yet, don’t you remember the public outcry that went out when the movie The Last Temptation of Christ was released? In fact, a French Catholic fundamentalist group launched molotov cocktails inside a theater to protest against the film projection.

Also consider the shouts of outrage following the movie Dogma. There was more than picketing. Death threats were actually made against its director producers.

I can only hope that those who call for Muslims to be tolerant of satire and criticism toward Islam are not the same people who cry, “foul” when people display satire and criticism of Christianity.

If these people are the same and if they are Christians, I wish that they would pay more attention to the “Sermon on the Mount”. As their Bible says, Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

An artist makes a cartoon of a Muslim with a bomb in his turban. Muslims cry “foul” and we criticize the Muslims and ask them to tolerate free speech. Yet, don’t you remember the public outcry that went out when the movie The Last Temptation of Christ was released? In fact, a French Catholic fundamentalist group launched molotov cocktails inside a theater to protest against the film projection.

Also consider the shouts of outrage following the movie Dogma. There was more than picketing:2guns: . Death threats were actually made against its director producers.

I can only hope that those who call for Muslims to be tolerant of satire and criticism toward Islam are not the same people who cry, “foul” when people display satire and criticism of :2guns: Christianity:2guns: .

If these people are the same and if they are Christians, I wish that they would pay more attention to the “Sermon on the Mount”. As their Bible says, Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
:bsflag:

Oh, those dangerous Christians.......their everywhere.......

Yep that's them allright.......dangerous. Ever been hit over the head with a 3 lb. King James bible.........OOOh.. it's terrible.

Yep, it's those main stream bible thumpers all over the globe, killing non-Christians if they don't convert.........:rotflmao:

And watch out for those extra dangerous Catholic ones......they're the worst, they're led by this Pope-guy who wants all Muslims exterminated........He's as dangerous as the Hezbollah, Al-queda, and every radical Muslim Ayatollah combined.:rotflmao:

Also consider the shouts of outrage following the movie Dogma. There was more than picketing. Death threats were actually made against its director producers.

I can only hope that those who call for Muslims to be tolerant of satire and criticism toward Islam are not the same people who cry, “foul” when people display satire and criticism of Christianity.

Do you really believe that? Do you really not see any difference?

First of all, The Last Temptation Of Christ was released 18 years ago. http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0095497/. Dogma was 7 years ago http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0120655/. How many people have Muslims killed today? Do you even know how many they've killed today alone? How about yesterday, and the day before that and the day before that?

Second of all, people who launch molotov cocktails are criminals and get arrested. People who make death threats are arrested. Oh, unless they're Muslims, then they get an apology.

Gimme a fucking break.

nt250 and Eightball –

You are worse than Pale Rider and OCA. Read the poorly constructed question in the first post of this thread and think. It basically asks why Muslims go out with “rage in the streets” when the folks are criticized or poked fun at. The murderous violence was not in the discussion – unless cp meant that the Muslims recently committed murders because people criticized Islam (as in those comics).

Yet, it was not long ago when Christians did torture and kill those who would not conform to their views on Christianity. Consider the Spanish Inquisition and the Salem Witch Trials as just a couple of classic examples.

I was explaining examples of hypocrisy with respect to freedom of speech and intolerance to criticism. Militant Muslims and Christian extremists are not very different with respect to it. It is all a matter of time and degrees.

I don’t know exactly how many people Muslims killed today, yesterday, or the day before that. That is not the topic of this post. Do you how many people that Christians have killed today, yesterday, or the day before that?

Please stop the silly erroneous hype and hyperbole. People, who commit crimes, including Muslims who commit crimes, get arrested. It may sound amazing but it is true. Muslims who commit crime sometimes even go to jail.

nt250 and Eightball –

You are worse than Pale Rider and OCA. Read the poorly constructed question in the first post of this thread and think. It basically asks why Muslims go out with “rage in the streets” when the folks are criticized or poked fun at. The murderous violence was not in the discussion – unless cp meant that the Muslims recently committed murders because people criticized Islam (as in those comics).

Yet, it was not long ago when Christians did torture and kill those who would not conform to their views on Christianity. Consider the Spanish Inquisition and the Salem Witch Trials as just a couple of classic examples.

I was explaining examples of hypocrisy with respect to freedom of speech and intolerance to criticism. Militant Muslims and Christian extremists are not very different with respect to it. It is all a matter of time and degrees.

I don’t know exactly how many people Muslims killed today, yesterday, or the day before that. That is not the topic of this post. Do you how many people that Christians have killed today, yesterday, or the day before that?

Please stop the silly erroneous hype and hyperbole. People, who commit crimes, including Muslims who commit crimes, get arrested. It may sound amazing but it is true. Muslims who commit crime sometimes even go to jail.

No hope. No hope at all.

nt250 and Eightball –

The Spanish Inquisition and the Salem Witch Trials, especially the latter, were both fairly localized events that did not encompass all of the Christian world. Everyone who was alive to witness these events is long dead. Muslims, however, are murdering and torturing people...RIGHT NOW, and they're doing it in every country where Islam is the dominant religion and some where it isn't. To even begin to compare Christianity to that blasphemous barbarism across the world is an insult.

<blockquote>"Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached." - Emperor Manuel II Paleologus</blockquote>

Never mind that for centuries Christendom, under the auspices of the Vatican, practiced the same ecumenism of the sword.

But more to the point, people take religion far too seriously. It gives comfort and guidance to many, but when they take their religious doctrine to be the absolute and incontrovertible word of their favorite deity and anyone who fails to accept their favorite deity is damned, trouble ensues. Because, you see, there are others out there who follow a different religious doctrines and believe that THEIR religious doctrine is the absolute and incontrovertible word of their favorite deity and any who fail to accept their favorite deity are damned. And when two, or more, absolutist world views collide...Trouble ensues.

It seems to me, that when people argue, fight or kill each other over their religious views, they are essentially doing so over little more than opinions. Strongly held opinions, yes. But opinions none the less. When you look at it in that light, it all seems kind of silly...Don't you think?

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
It seems to me, that when people argue, fight or kill each other over their religious views, they are essentially doing so over little more than opinions. Strongly held opinions, yes. But opinions none the less. When you look at it in that light, it all seems kind of silly...Don't you think?

It's like they're fighting over their hobbies. "Model trains are better, no, knitting is better!"

None of these religions have any way of proving their basic principles, much less that they are the "only" way. None of them can prove that the afterlife is influenced by following their beliefs.

I'm sick of all these religious nuts. Somebody ought to go into the Middle East and blow up every mosque, synagogue and Christian church so these idiots don't have anything to fight about anymore, and put the sane world at risk.

Do you really believe that? Do you really not see any difference?

First of all, The Last Temptation Of Christ was released 18 years ago. http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0095497/. Dogma was 7 years ago http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0120655/. How many people have Muslims killed today? Do you even know how many they've killed today alone? How about yesterday, and the day before that and the day before that?

Second of all, people who launch molotov cocktails are criminals and get arrested. People who make death threats are arrested. Oh, unless they're Muslims, then they get an apology.

Gimme a fucking break.

You're asking a guy who sees all arguments as relative and uses irrelevant and dishonest analogies to make his arguments "if" he believe it? He hasn't seen the ball since the kickoff.

nt250 and Eightball –

Problem with your argument, as usual, is its entire premise is based on deceit. You're comparing Islam TODAY to what some labelled Christians have done over the years and attempting to pass them off as relevant to one another.

Let's try to make this honest. How about the nutjobs calling themselves Christians that run around picketting funerals claiming God is killing our troops because of homosexuality or some such crap (and DON'T drag this into another of your homo debates).

How many known Christian organizations support them? How many Christians on this board support them? They don't. Mainstream Christians denounce their lunacy at every step and turn.

Your comparison is dishonest and irrelevant. The hypocrisy you attempt to conjure by comparing apples to oranges is bullshit.

And speaking of "beams in one's eye" ..... YOU of ALL people have some nerve calling anyone by name claiming thier arguments are hype and uneducated.

Your EVERY argument is pure fantasy and dishonest analogies.

<blockquote>"Show me just what Mohammed brought that was new, and there you will find things only evil and inhuman, such as his command to spread by the sword the faith he preached." - Emperor Manuel II Paleologus</blockquote>

Never mind that for centuries Christendom, under the auspices of the Vatican, practiced the same ecumenism of the sword.

But more to the point, people take religion far too seriously. It gives comfort and guidance to many, but when they take their religious doctrine to be the absolute and incontrovertible word of their favorite deity and anyone who fails to accept their favorite deity is damned, trouble ensues. Because, you see, there are others out there who follow a different religious doctrines and believe that THEIR religious doctrine is the absolute and incontrovertible word of their favorite deity and any who fail to accept their favorite deity are damned. And when two, or more, absolutist world views collide...Trouble ensues.

Please refer to my response to matt above. What Christians did in the name of their religion centuries ago is not relevant to what radical Islam is doing TODAY.

Christians have evolved into mostly-secular, Western societies who cannot and/or will not so much as acknowledge the origin of their values.

Islam is still purposefully stuck in the 7th century. BIG difference.

It's like they're fighting over their hobbies. "Model trains are better, no, knitting is better!"

None of these religions have any way of proving their basic principles, much less that they are the "only" way. None of them can prove that the afterlife is influenced by following their beliefs.

I'm sick of all these religious nuts. Somebody ought to go into the Middle East and blow up every mosque, synagogue and Christian church so these idiots don't have anything to fight about anymore, and put the sane world at risk.

I was with you up to the indiscriminate destruction of ALL religions without distinction. I'm sick of the religious nuts too, and not just Muslims. However, religious zealots hardly drive the train for Christians.

People who do not believe in a religion are not more sane than those who do. That is a fallacious argument and you know it. Closed-mindedness and a willingness to destroy all who don't believe the respective "party line;" REGARDLESS, what that line is, is the real threat to the world.

In all honesty, I'm having a hard time differentiating between your statement concerning religious people and radical Islam's attitude toward anything not Muslim.

I was with you up to the indiscriminate destruction of ALL religions without distinction. I'm sick of the religious nuts too, and not just Muslims. However, religious zealots hardly drive the train for Christians.

People who do not believe in a religion are not more sane than those who do. That is a fallacious argument and you know it. Closed-mindedness and a willingness to destroy all who don't believe the respective "party line;" REGARDLESS, what that line is, is the real threat to the world.

In all honesty, I'm having a hard time differentiating between your statement concerning religious people and radical Islam's attitude toward anything not Muslim.

It's kind of a joke, Gunny.

The point of origin for all of this conflict is the Middle East. Islam, Christianity, and Judaism are all related and derive from the same source. Nevertheless conflicts within and between these religions are a festering sore which have consistently threatened world peace for a long time, including the peace of people who do not subscribe to monotheism.

Do I really want to destroy all those religious monuments? No. Would the world be better off without them? Probably. Would the world be safer without the squabbling between the monotheistic desert religions? Definitely.

It's local politics raised to the global level.

Please refer to my response to matt above. What Christians did in the name of their religion centuries ago is not relevant to what radical Islam is doing TODAY.

Christians have evolved into mostly-secular, Western societies who cannot and/or will not so much as acknowledge the origin of their values.

Islam is still purposefully stuck in the 7th century. BIG difference.

Only a minority of Muslims have tenaciously held on to the past, and a more recent past than you might think. The most virulently extremist views seem to arise from wahhabism, a fundamentalist reading of the Qur'an which arose in the 18th century. A century which many Christian fundamentalists in this country seem stuck in as well.

You forgot Monty Python's "<i>The Life of Brian</i>". ;)

New Topics

Forum List

Back