If I Shake my Fist at the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dunno: Like I said... 'According to tradition'
But that tradition told me the exact date and description of Saddam's capture, it told me through emulation of history what he and his sons would become, therefore I knew of the gulf war to come, before everyone else and could warn friends and associates not to get in harms way. Your tradition only tells you how to make pastry and doilies.

The most freeing thing I ever experienced was losing my religion, and I want to share.

I think the archaic term for that kind of sharing is "Evangelizing".

:soapbox:

Ok, but why in such an adversarial way? I'm agnostic so I don't care about religion of any kind. I respect those who are religious, and accept them for who they are.

Why can't atheists? What is it that drives your hatred?

Do you even know?

It's not hatred... It's comedy.

As a wise man once wrote on these very walls: "It's all bullshit, even if it's true."

Ok, but why in such an adversarial way? I'm agnostic so I don't care about religion of any kind. I respect those who are religious, and accept them for who they are.

Why can't atheists?
What is it that drives your hatred?

Do you even know?

westwall consistently is accusatorial in deference to the desert religions that are the focus for the many inequity's they are directly responsible for -

1664627940575.png

if they do not care why are they so obsessive - and those that do care more often than not are who see the heavenly lite those desert religions are the furthest from in their surreptitious, fallacious scriptures.

westwall consistently is accusatorial in deference to the desert religions that are the focus for the many inequity's they are directly responsible for -

View attachment 703993

if they do not care why are they so obsessive - and those that do care more often than not are who see the heavenly lite those desert religions are the furthest from in their surreptitious, fallacious scriptures.

Because the result of this sort of militant atheism is always violence.

It's not hatred... It's comedy.

As a wise man once wrote on these very walls: "It's all bullshit, even if it's true."

Then change the tone. Mockery is more in line with comedy.

May I suggest you try that.

Yes, i am pointing out that the democrat party, of which I was once a member, has gone full fascist.

Thanks for noticing!

sure they have - in the mind of a fanatic and your departure was your decision not theirs ... same as your denial -

1664679793935.png

for the persecution and victimization of the innocent by the desert religions - you surreptitiously defend as an innocent - casual agnostic observer.

* bolt or single action only, 6 rounds maximum non detachable magazine - has nothing to do with being rich.

If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date, and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?

:eusa_think:
You have the freedom to do just that, however ordering God to kill you or you will forever feel he is fictitious does not mean he has to comply.

You may well change you mind in the future and God may already know that or you may continue to believe God doesn’t exist and God gives you that choice.

About nine thousand years ago, a play was written with the same theme we are seeing all these years later: Why do bad things happen to good people? That play is in the Bible, the Book of Job.

Ancient man's reflections include these:

God does great things past finding out,
marvelous things beyond reckoning.

People recognized that God's ways and works encompassed matters far beyond their ken.

Should God come near me, I see him not;
should he pass by, I am not aware of him;
Should he seize me forcibly, who can say him nay?

Who can say to him, "What are you doing?"

People had an awareness of their own limits, recognizing they often could not see God even when He is near. Further, if they did have this awareness and feel His force, who, then, would even have the power to refuse. No one would even be able to bring forth their own freedom of will to whisper, "What are you doing?" Ancient man recognized the great separation between God and man--and the reason for it.

Later, it would be Moses who noted that God is best seen in hindsight; that we are blinded when He is directly in front of us.

If I appealed to God and he answered my call,
I could not believe that he would hearken to my words.

Ancient man had just as much inclination as we have to attribute answered prayers to coincidence, and then wonder, "Was it really a coincidence?"

If I shake my fist at the sky and declare to God that I am impressed with neither his presence nor his proofs to date, and I challenge the aforementioned God to kill me now or forever be regarded and described by me as fictitious, does that prove anything?

:eusa_think:
It proves you have no belief in God?

We've asked members not to bump threads older than the date that the Religion went to Zone 1 Civil Discussion. You can easily tell by the light green "Zone 1" flag in the title line. Several of the new posts already deleted by other mods - I added a few to the delete file.

If you think you can do this topic under "civil discussion" rules --- feel free to reboot the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back