If critical thinking was required education in high schools, would we have less...

Actually the reason it is not required and frowned upon is it would produce the exact opposite.

Critical thinking is a liberal ploy to indoctrinate our young

If critical thinking was required education in high schools, we would have more critically thinking Republicans and Democrats, and the country would benefit tremendously.

I agree there is an acute shortage of critical thinking. There is a mountain of empirical evidence of that dearth on this board.

The copying and pasting of manufactured bullshit without doing any fact checking of the material, the unending repetition of bogus memes which have been debunked time and time again, the failure to notice enacted policies have had zero effect on the (often imaginary) problem which was being addressed, and countless logical fallacies used in arguments.

A course in logical fallacies alone would greatly improve discourse in America. But then Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Breitbart, CNS News, The Daily Caller, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Huffington Post, CNN, and MSNBC would all go out of business.

And most of our politicians would be unemployed.

Last edited:
I agree there is an acute shortage of critical thinking. There is a mountain of empirical evidence of that dearth on this board.

The copying and pasting of manufactured bullshit without doing any fact checking of the material, the unending repetition of bogus memes which have been debunked time and time again, the failure to notice enacted policies have had zero effect on the (often imaginary) problem which was being addressed, and countless logical fallacies used in arguments.

A course in logical fallacies alone would greatly improve discourse in America. But then Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Breitbart, CNS News, The Daily Caller, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Huffington Post, CNN, and MSNBC would all go out of business.

Yet here you are neck deep

Liberals want much less critical thinking, or thinking of any kind. Why do you think liberals are working so hard to legalize drugs?

Yet here you are neck deep

I'm here to introduce critical thinking to the psychos, liars, hypocrites, and rubes who have hijacked the Right.

...republicans?

I like to think so

Anything the educational establishment calls "critical thinking" would just be a form of brainwashing. In fact, they already have something called "critical thinking" and it is in fact nothing more than brainwashing.

Liberals want much less critical thinking, or thinking of any kind. Why do you think liberals are working so hard to legalize drugs?

I like the way they promote conservative ideas on college campus'........:eusa_shhh:

Really helps with the critical thinking skills of University Graduates.

:eusa_whistle:

I had a conversation with a friend of mine about a month ago where we both agreed that introductory logic ought to be a HS graduation requirement. One of the best and easiest ways to improve our society.

I had a conversation with a friend of mine about a month ago where we both agreed that introductory logic ought to be a HS graduation requirement. One of the best and easiest ways to improve our society.

I tend to agree, however, we've dumbed down the curriculum in most public schools in order to ensure graduation rates I think it'd be not only a tough sell, 90% of students would never pass.

...republicans?

I like to think so

Anything the educational establishment calls "critical thinking" would just be a form of brainwashing. In fact, they already have something called "critical thinking" and it is in fact nothing more than brainwashing.

And there we have it.
Think of the criticism these boards produce on education, schools, teachers, higher learning, college professors, teacher organizations, and one realizes that education must be a threat to many posters. The real question is why do so many Americans see education as a threat?

Forum List

Back