If Communist China invades Taiwan -- what happens after that?

I suppose it depends on who we elect as our President.

My guess is that Trump would respond by coming to the aid of Taiwan, and Biden wouldn't.
Peaceful Independent Taiwan would likely repel an attempt by the PLA to land troops there. It's largely cliffs, it's few beaches large enough for troop landings are rigged horrors of hell that makes Home Alone look like a child's movie, which it of course is. Vast quantities of the PLA would be drowned in the stormy strait where weather would only permit an attempted invasion during 4 weeks in Oct and 4 weeks in April, so the Lying Outlaw Slavers of Beijing are never going to pull off a sneak attack.

21ST CENTURY ASW: Navy Plans Hammerhead Mines To Box In Chinese, Russian Subs. “The Navy is inching closer to fielding a new anti-submarine mine designed to deploy from underwater drones and loiter for weeks at a time around critical chokepoints, looking for enemy submarines to sink.”

China’s naval problem is that their best ports are all behind strategic chokepoints, a problem “Hammerhead” would compound.

Of course, that all changes if Beijing were to take Taiwan.

The CCP in Beijing has never ruled Taiwan, not for a single day, and there are very good reasons for that, if they could have taken it, they would have.

And it's not just US Naval forces, but Quad forces with vital Nation Defense Interests in keeping an aggressive militant hostile lying outlaw slaver Beijing bottled.

China has no one but themselves to blame for the coalition that their hostile behavior has formed, and, the lynchpin of containing expansionist China, is securing Taiwan, who is very well prepared to destroy a hostile Chinese invasion. Should China be so foolish, they may very likely join the USSR is the ash heap of history.

Last edited:

My guess is that Trump would respond by coming to the aid of Taiwan, and Biden wouldn't.
If China attacks Taiwan, Taiwan drowns the PLA in the Strait.

Beijing Slaps Sanctions On Raytheon, Lockheed & Boeing In Retaliation For Taiwan Arms Sales

"To safeguard our national interests, China decided to take necessary measures and levy sanctions on U.S. companies..."

When you are getting heavy flack, you are right over target.

Torpedoes work great against heavily loaded fishing boats filled with PLA trying to invade their peaceful neighbor.

Beijing sanctioned Lockheed Martin over its involvement in "Torpedoes for Taiwan", the CCP is following up with more economic attacks on American defense contractors.

The sanctions come as the State Department approves the sale of three weapons systems to Taiwan, including sensors, missiles and artillery worth some $1.8 billion as the Trump Administration beefs up Free Taiwan's defense capabilities, even as Beijing adopts increasingly belligerent rhetoric about the "red line" that is Taiwan.
"To safeguard our national interests, China decided to take necessary measures and levy sanctions on U.S. companies such as Lockheed Martin, Boeing Defence, and Raytheon, and those individuals and companies who behaved badly in the process of the arms sales," he said."

If China launches a War of Aggression against peaceful Taiwan, the invading forces will likely be drowned in the story strait, resulting in the Slavers of Beijing being overthrown when it becomes clear to the Chinese masses that the oligarchy has lost the Mandate of Heaven.

DIPLOMACY: Countering China’s aggression: India and US to sign key military pact.

AS India and the United States announced Tuesday signing of the crucial military pact, Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement (BECA), visiting US Secretary of State Michael R Pompeo recalled the Galwan valley incident in June and said that the US would “stand with the people of India to confront threats to their sovereignty and to their liberty”.

The QUAD forms in response to the belligerant lying outlaw Slavers of Beijing.

India/Australia/Japan/US

Indian and US leaders and citizens see with “increasing clarity” that the Communist Party of China (CCP) is “no friend to democracy and rule of law”, Esper set his sights at Beijing as he flagged the “increasing aggression and destabilising activities by China”.

Biden would help the ChiComs, they own him

The dangerous stupidity of the comments here is truly mind boggling...

China will — if the U.S. encourages Taiwan to declare independence in violation of the “One China” policy agreed to decades ago, or arms Taiwan in a provocative manner, NOT have to invade Taiwan at all.

It can merely apply overwhelming pressure in any of innumerable ways. It takes 20 minutes for modern jet fighters to reach Taiwan from Chinese bases, and Taiwan ports can be blockaded. The entire Taiwanese Air Force and civilian jets can be destroyed or grounded in an hour. The U.S. will probably not fight. Well, it may fight ... to the last Taiwanese.

Taiwan’s biggest trading partner is China. A million or so Taiwanese live and work on the Mainland. Taiwan’s military is filled with CCP spies. Taiwan is legally not recognized as a separate country — everybody would scream but nobody but a maniacal U.S. leader would consider physically fighting to defend its “independence.” Chinese leaders don’t want the bad public relations, want an eventual peaceful unification, but nobody should under-estimate their determination in this matter. Like with Hong Kong, China absolutely will not back down if the U.S. pushes matters to a breaking point. They will fight. Western provocations causing such a Chinese reaction would be a disaster for Taiwan and the Taiwanese people.

Should things come soon to a head, my guess is China will first start flyovers of Taiwan’s close-in waters (which China considers its waters) and then continue intimidating flyovers of Taiwan island itself — with hundreds of modern planes and tens of thousands of rockets ready to retaliate if challenged. This may indeed happen in the next period. The U.S. should stay the hell out of any domestic Chinese confrontation, because — in the long run — we absolutely cannot win and Taiwan will be much the worse for our provocations.

Last edited:
Even in the unlikely event that President Trump is reelected and he wants to defend Taiwan, the American military may say "No!," just as it told him when he meekly requested troops to protect the nation's capital from the Insurrectionists.

I am afraid that Taiwan's freedom will be short-lived, as Hong Kong's freedom has already been crushed.

I suppose it depends on who we elect as our President. My guess is that Trump would respond by coming to the aid of Taiwan, and Biden wouldn't.
If anything happens, the 7th Fleet will take care of it, regardless of who's president
If that senile pervert, Biden, was President, he might turn the 7th fleet on Texas in all his mental confusion. Stick with Trumpy.

I suppose it depends on who we elect as our President. My guess is that Trump would respond by coming to the aid of Taiwan, and Biden wouldn't.
If anything happens, the 7th Fleet will take care of it, regardless of who's president
If that senile pervert, Biden, was President, he might turn the 7th fleet on Texas in all his mental confusion. Stick with Trumpy.
Up the meds!

The dangerous stupidity of the comments here is truly mind boggling...
I don't know, you aren't the swiftest, if you catch my drift.
... China will — if the U.S. encourages Taiwan to declare independence in violation of the “One China” policy agreed to decades ago, or arms Taiwan in a provocative manner, NOT have to invade Taiwan at all...
The Free People of Taiwan will make any declaration they wish, and we will give them the means to defend themselves against aggression by Lying Outlaw Slaver Regime of China, if we wish
... It can merely apply overwhelming pressure in any of innumerable ways. It takes 20 minutes for modern jet fighters to reach Taiwan from Chinese bases, and Taiwan ports can be blockaded...
If it is all so simple, then why all the whining? Taiwan waters are a very long ways from China's territorial waters. So, you are saying that the Lying Outlaw Slaver forces of Beijing will attempt an illegal blockade outside of their territorial waters against a peaceful neighbor?
... The entire Taiwanese Air Force and civilian jets can be destroyed or grounded in an hour...
Oh sure.
... The U.S. will probably not fight. Well, it may fight ... to the last Taiwanese...
I doubt they will need us, but, I'm not sure the fishing boats that China calls a "Navy" will do so well in what will immediately be the heavily mined waters around the Free Island of Taiwan. Rescue operations by other Chinese fishing boats will be very difficult in heavily mined waters, more likely the rescue boats will blow themselves up as well. If China wants to see a real Naval Blockade, filling the gaps between all those Islands in the First Island Chain bottles up the Lying Outlaw Slavers like slamming a cork into a bottle. And China isn't like us, they can't meet their food or energy needs without port access. I doubt these dumb Slavers are as dumb as you suppose, but, history is full of fools who were unable to properly count the costs of their evil intentions.
... Taiwan’s biggest trading partner is China. A million or so Taiwanese live and work on the Mainland. Taiwan’s military is filled with CCP spies. Taiwan is legally not recognized as a separate country — everybody would scream but nobody but a maniacal U.S. leader would consider physically fighting to defend its “independence.”
Good. You sound quite confident that the Lying Outlaw Slavers can do what they never in their history have done, ruled Taiwan.
... Chinese leaders don’t want the bad public relations...
One Pandemic, lots of lying and theft, lots and lots of environmental damage and several concentration camps too late for that...
., want an eventual peaceful unification...
Fake News Lies. The CCP has NEVER ruled Free Taiwan. Not even for a moment, over the last 70 years. They don't because they can't.
... , but nobody should under-estimate their determination in this matter...
Sure. They are quite "determined".
... Like with Hong Kong...
Taiwan is NOT Hong Kong. Hong Kong did not spend the last 70 ensuring that a fiery hell awaits Chinese invasion forces. Hong Kong is not surrounded by steep rock cliffs with small narrow ports that do not give themselves to amphibious landing forces, forces that China doesn't really have, by the way.
... China absolutely will not back down if the U.S. pushes matters to a breaking point...
If you are not planning a war of aggression against a peaceful neighbor, then their defense preparations are not a problem. If you are planning a war of aggression against a peaceful neighbor, then appeasement merely invites the agression.
They will fight. Western provocations causing such a Chinese reaction would be a disaster for Taiwan and the Taiwanese people...
The West is provoking nothing. If Taiwan wants to defend itself, we are happy to help. If that bothers the Lying Outlaw Slavers of Beijing that want to swallow their free neighbor, who they have wanted to swallow for 70 years, yet did not dare to, that's their problem.
... Should things come soon to a head, my guess is China will first start flyovers of Taiwan’s close-in waters...
And Taiwan will splash them, and lying outlaw China will not be able to rescue them.
... (which China considers its waters) ...
Lying Outlaw China considers a LOT of international and the territorial waters of others to be "theirs" is violation of the Law of the Sea Treaty, of which they are a signatory. But then they are Lying Outlaw Slavers, so no one should expect them to honor their treaty obligations. China thinks they are a big fish in a small pond and that they can walk all over the rest of the world, including the US. Lots of fools thought the same, to their own destruction.
... and then continue intimidating flyovers of Taiwan island itself — with hundreds of modern planes and tens of thousands of rockets ready to retaliate if challenged. This may indeed happen in the next period...
Sure. Just like decades ago, folks looked at spreadsheets of all the forces surrounding Israel, brave fighters outfitted with the very best in American Weapons and were sure that Arab forces conquering Israel was a done deal, and Israel wasn't even surrounded by a stormy strait and steep cliffs. Watch all your sure calculations go right to hell should the Lying Outlaw Slavers of Beijing be dumb enough to launch a war of aggression against their peaceful neighbor.
... The U.S. should stay the hell out of any domestic Chinese confrontation, because — in the long run — we absolutely cannot win...
If a conflict with China is inevitable, then holding the line at the First Island Chain will save many thousands of lives, the world over.
... Taiwan will be much the worse for our provocations...
"Our provocations" you speak with the lying tongue of the Lying Outlaw Slavers of Beijing, it's like they have their arm shoved so far up your ass that they control your lips. Taiwan isn't "attacking" China, it is defending it's shores, skies and free people from outside aggression.

If China needs a harsh lesson, the combined naval forces of The Quad can damn sure deliver it. If they think a Naval blockade is fun, well, when they suddenly can't get a ship of any size from international water to their easily blockaded coast, perhaps they will need some time to reflect on the error of their ways and prepare an apology to the world for deliberately loosing a pandemic and then trying to cover their crimes with a blizzard of lies.

They might think this is a great time for a war of aggression, me? I'm not sure. I think they might come to quickly regret it, and maybe much more quickly than they think.

The world will disapprovingly wag their finger at them
And send letters ! Lots and lots of letters. They'll be completely overwhelmed !
Sure. Tape a letter to this baby.

1603928729552.png

US announces $2.37 billion weapon sale to Taiwan.

That's 1.5 times as much as the Lying Outlaw Slavers of Beijing "invested" in Hunter Biden in the scheme to bribe Joe Biden.

That's a Taiwanese navy frigate launchin a "Harpoon For Peace" surface-to-surface missile during the annual Hankuang military exercises off Ilan, central eastern coast of Taiwan.

The $2.37 billion sale of Harpoon attack missiles systems for peace to Taiwan will help them secure their borders against rogue actors that might find them irresistible. The announcement came just hours after Lying Outlaw Slaver China said it will sanction Boeing Co.’s defense unit, Lockheed Martin Corp. and other U.S. military contractors for supplying weapons to Taiwan.

Outlaw Lying Slaver Beijing "objections" aside, the United States maintains an abiding interest in peace and stability in the Taiwan Strait as the security of Taiwan is central to the security and stability of the broader Indo-Pacific region. This sale would not alter the military balance in the region and it will bring peace of mind to China's gentle neighbor that wants nothing more than to simply be a good friend to the world.

Harpoon missiles for peace are capable of striking ships and land targets. Boeing says the missile uses GPS-aided inertial navigation and delivers a 500-pound blast warhead to those who would contemplate evil. It can target coastal defense sites, surface-to-air missile sites, exposed aircraft, ships in port, and port and industrial facilities, or attacking enemy aircraft that have pilots in need of a swim.

The Lying Outlaw Slaver Communist Party has threatened to invade peaceful Taiwan.

Chinese-U.S. relations have been strained as they spy on us, steal our technology, bribe our professors and office holders, loosed a pandemic on us and hold their minority populations in concentration camps.

U.S. law requires the US government to ensure Taiwan can defend itself. Weapons sales to the island have increased in quantity and quality as the Outlaw Lying Slavers of Beijing have grown belligerently flush with US trade surpluses.

The Lying Outlaw Slavers of Beijing regularly pressure American companies including Boeing in an effort to force U.S. policy changes. China is one of Boeing’s biggest markets for commercial aircraft, for which it likely needs parts and upgrades which is probably why Zhao mentioned only Boeing’s military arm, Boeing Defense, not its civilian jetliner business.

Forum List

Back