If Christie Runs I Think It Will Be Disastrous For Him And The Party

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
How will he explain away his many, Many, MANY previous stating without the shadow of a doubt that he is NOT running?

How will he explain away his statements about him NOT being ready?

How will he explain away his statements about him having to do a job in Jersey FIRST?

If he goes back against all that, and there are rolls and rolls and rolls (no pun intended) of video tape and audio of many and various occasions of him making such statements. If he turns around and decides to run he'll show himself to be a man of no substance, a man that doesn't stick to his word. A flake.

This question is mostly for the RWers to answer, but all please weigh in. I'm curious as to how he can get away with running now. Not to mention the fact that it's literally too late to actually be succesful.

My guess is, the GOP establishment, and the RNC consider him a throw away. Christie is NOT ready for prime time, and if the GOP and RNC had any faith in him long term, they would be holding him out for the 2016 run, as they are Eric Cantor.

Yeah, I have sympathy for someone with an eating disorder but I don't think I'd be able to vote for someone until they worked out their issues.

My guess is, the GOP establishment, and the RNC consider him a throw away.
Exactly.....and, he's sharp-enough a politician to know that.

His run, against Bill & Hill (in 2016) could get really-interesting....unless he wises-up & "keeps his powder dry", 'til '24.​

christie should start with short walks, or maybe swimming.

then he can slowly progress to longer walks.

in 2015 maybe he can try to run.
Yeah....that's gonna happen.

450x346-alg_clintons2.jpg

543.gif

Yeah, I have sympathy for someone with an eating disorder but I don't think I'd be able to vote for someone until they worked out their issues.
Bingo!

Addiction....to anything.....is (typically) the result o' deeper/emotional-issues.​

How will he explain away his many, Many, MANY previous stating without the shadow of a doubt that he is NOT running?

How will he explain away his statements about him having to do a job in Jersey FIRST?

If he goes back against all that, and there are rolls and rolls and rolls (no pun intended) of video tape and audio of many and various occasions of him making such statements. If he turns around and decides to run he'll show himself to be a man of no substance, a man that doesn't stick to his word. A flake.

This question is mostly for the RWers to answer, but all please weigh in. I'm curious as to how he can get away with running now. Not to mention the fact that it's literally too late to actually be succesful.

Marc, as much as I wanted him to run at one time, I realize it was foolish. I undeerstand he would have to explain away his comments that he didn't feel thios calling weeks ago, but does now. I think he can do it, but the words have to come out well.

I don't think he is well vetted, hearing some sources say he may be too liberal for the Republicans. As the conservatives are getting to know the candidates now in the race, they are becoming attached to a candidate and this could be a wrench in the works.

Marc, as much as I wanted him to run at one time, I realize it was foolish. I undeerstand he would have to explain away his comments that he didn't feel thios calling weeks ago, but does now. I think he can do it, but the words have to come out well.

I don't think he is well vetted, hearing some sources say he may be too liberal for the Republicans. As the conservatives are getting to know the candidates now in the race, they are becoming attached to a candidate and this could be a wrench in the works.

Wow...a sensible conservative, on USMB! :eek:

....Especially since Christie thinks the Teabaggers are a little-bit crazy.

:eusa_whistle:

To be honest about the GOP field:

Cain has no shot.

Perry fucked up, and has no shot.

Romney has a shot, but sucks ass.

Christie is the best canidate, if he doesn't run, the Obama campaign will be doing somersaults.

Forum List

Back