If Bruce Jenner had transitioned to Caitlyn just prior to the 1976 Olympics, would it have been fair for him to enter every female event?

I doubt it. It takes a year of hormone therapy to feminized a male, and they tested athletics for the y chromosome.

Making a male into a female can never happen. Just because you hit them with female hormones doesn't matter (unless you began at birth) the male biology is far more athletic and no amount of hormone therapy can change that.

Its called SCIENCE.

I'm not a doctor but the therapy also include testosterone blockers and that will reduce your size and strength. Is it enough and can the system be cheated are my two concerns. I don't think they should be able to compete for scholarships.

And that doesn't matter. The bone density increase alone as a child sets a male up far better than a female. Like I said, to have any meaningful impact the hormone therapy would have to be begun at birth, and carry on throughout the life of the child. And even then, there would still be physical advantages for the hybrid child. Mainly the ability to store and process O2 more efficiently.

If you say so doc.

SCIENCE says that. And from long ago. Long before the science was politicized.

Feminizing hormone therapy will begin producing changes in your body within weeks to months. Your timeline might look as follows:

• Decreased libido. This will begin one to three months after starting treatment. The maximum effect will occur within one to two years.
  • Decreased spontaneous erections. This will begin one to three months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within three to six months.
  • Slowing of scalp hair loss. This will begin one to three months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within one to two years.
  • Softer, less oily skin. This will begin three to six months after treatment.
  • Testicular atrophy. This will begin three to six months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within two to three years.
  • Breast development. This will begin three to six months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within two to three years.
  • Redistribution of body fat. This will begin three to six months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within two to five years.
  • Decreased muscle mass. This will begin three to six months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within one to two years.
  • Decreased facial and body hair growth. This will begin six to 12 months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within three years.

So you are claiming that the hormones will remove calcium from your bones. Is that what you are claiming? It will change your muscle density by removing the long twitch fibres, is that what you are claiming? Or how about the storage and processing of the O2 that being male gives you, suddenly you are going to lose that?

Don't be stupid. All the hormone therapy does is halt it where it is. It doesn't remove what already is there.

I posted what I found from Mayo Clinic.

Fine, but these are superficial characteristics, and have nothing to do with the permanent effects of decades of male steroids.

I doubt it. It takes a year of hormone therapy to feminized a male, and they tested athletics for the y chromosome.
And HE would still be a MALE biologically speaking----------

I am awful at atletics but if I claim that I feel that I am handicapped for the special olympics---I MIGHT be able to win a medal or atleast place in something.........somewhere. LOL

The Olympics started testing for Y in 1968 to keep men from pretending to be women,

I have no Idea if hormone therapy works well enough or not. Nor am I likely to find out.
Xy's and XX's are still Xys and XX even with "gene therapy".......

Making a male into a female can never happen. Just because you hit them with female hormones doesn't matter (unless you began at birth) the male biology is far more athletic and no amount of hormone therapy can change that.

Its called SCIENCE.

I'm not a doctor but the therapy also include testosterone blockers and that will reduce your size and strength. Is it enough and can the system be cheated are my two concerns. I don't think they should be able to compete for scholarships.

And that doesn't matter. The bone density increase alone as a child sets a male up far better than a female. Like I said, to have any meaningful impact the hormone therapy would have to be begun at birth, and carry on throughout the life of the child. And even then, there would still be physical advantages for the hybrid child. Mainly the ability to store and process O2 more efficiently.

If you say so doc.

Feminizing hormone therapy will begin producing changes in your body within weeks to months. Your timeline might look as follows:

• Decreased libido. This will begin one to three months after starting treatment. The maximum effect will occur within one to two years.
  • Decreased spontaneous erections. This will begin one to three months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within three to six months.
  • Slowing of scalp hair loss. This will begin one to three months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within one to two years.
  • Testicular atrophy. This will begin three to six months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within two to three years.
  • Breast development. This will begin three to six months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within two to three years.
  • Redistribution of body fat. This will begin three to six months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within two to five years.
  • Decreased muscle mass. This will begin three to six months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within one to two years.
  • Decreased facial and body hair growth. This will begin six to 12 months after treatment. The maximum effect will occur within three years.

So you are claiming that the hormones will remove calcium from your bones. Is that what you are claiming? It will change your muscle density by removing the long twitch fibres, is that what you are claiming? Or how about the storage and processing of the O2 that being male gives you, suddenly you are going to lose that?

Don't be stupid. All the hormone therapy does is halt it where it is. It doesn't remove what already is there.

Which didn't address the underlying problem that once created, the body doesn't just disappear. Now does it.

You have made that suggestion based on what? A decrease in muscle mass should decrease weight and strength.

Growing titties can't make you stronger imo!

The decrease in muscle mass does not happen due to taking female hormones, but that muscle mass comes and goes as needed, and a person doing a sex change likely will then also do less physical exertion, so the muscle with atrophy.
But that is not true of an athlete.
They will not have any muscle mass loss.
And the existing muscle from male steroids will be different and male in type, and can not change.
It can slowly be lost and replaces with less powerful female type muscle fiber, but that takes many years and may not happen at all if the person is an athlete.

The overall problem is that no hormone therapy can undo that which has already been done.
And it is hubris for doctors to think they totally understand all the hormones involved and that they are doing them all properly.

And no, growing breasts can not make you stronger.

Its called SCIENCE.

If you say so doc.

Which didn't address the underlying problem that once created, the body doesn't just disappear. Now does it.

You have made that suggestion based on what? A decrease in muscle mass should decrease weight and strength.

Growing titties can't make you stronger imo!

Based on scientific fact. Any male with rare exception will perform athletic activities far superior to a female of the same height and weight. It's called physiology. Once the superstructure has been built (the skeleton and musculature0 it can't be undone. That's not how the human body functions. I suggest you do some research and then come back when you have a better grasp of the subject.

There are several factors that make men better athletes that cannot be reversed via hormone therapy. You can’t undue all the effects of testosterone, many of which take place during pregnancy during the fetus’ development.

Those arguing here have an agenda which they must defend at all costs. It is much like climate change science. Pre-determine the desired outcome and work towards that goal. Somethings will ”line up” with enough twisting and turning but other things never will because the premise was wrong to start. Democrats and “scientists” have become very adept at this type of thing, especially when they can “prove” their theories to the lay folks. When you get into the weeds into the very technical science, their theories fall apart, but they don’t have to do that for their agenda to be accepted by the dumbed down massses.

Forum List

Back