Zone1 If Blacks Do What Whites Have Done We Will Be Successful

Ray, I'm 61. This means when we both were born, Jim Crow was the law. And Jim Crow did not magically end by a signature. The facts show that the average white family today has 20 times the wealth of blacks, 17 times the wealth of Hispanics, more than 20 times that of Native Americans and if you exclude Indians with H1B Visa jobs, about the same disparity exists between whites and Asians.

And then there is this:

“In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure.” -Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”

So you're wrong.

Not at all. Crime and prison rates are proportional to single-parent households. A single mother is more likely to be poor than a married couple due to the fact two incomes are better than one.

Not at all. Crime and prison rates are proportional to single-parent households. A single mother is more likely to be poor than a married couple due to the fact two incomes are better than one.

That's untrue, you've been shown that so don't argue using some trash from some right wing site.

In 2017, Demos published a study titled, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.” On page ten, this statement is written: “The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household.

You're wrong Ray. Besides whites have had 2 parent families and committed atrocious acts of violence. The question has been asked, do whites REALLY want blacks to do exactly what whites have done to suceed? This is not about the white racially biased opinion of the black family. This is about whites like Ray and others taking a real hard honest look at how whites really got where they are.

In 2017, Demos published a study titled, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.” On page ten, this statement is written: “The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household.

You're wrong Ray. Besides whites have had 2 parent families and committed atrocious acts of violence. The question has been asked, do whites REALLY want blacks to do exactly what whites have done to suceed? This is not about the white racially biased opinion of the black family. This is about whites like Ray and others taking a real hard honest look at how whites really got where they are.

No. Because if the smaller group is the same size they have pretty much the same things as the larger group. More opportunities and wealth will equal fewer crimes. The group that has all the resources but make up triple the arrests is the one with the larger problem.

Then why don't we see a huge Asian crime wave? They are even a smaller group.

That's simply not true, IM

1663148301547.png

Attachments

• 1663148229054.png
    1663148229054.png
    6 KB · Views: 22

Yes, older once married white people usually have more money than younger people.

do whites REALLY want blacks to do exactly what whites have done to suceed?

Unless you have a time machine, yes, you should finish school, get married before you have kids.

Or you can keep whining. That apparently made you successful

Nobody ever said that kids growing up in a two-parent household were guaranteed never to get into trouble, it's just they are less likely to get into trouble.

Yes, you asked that question a dozen times and it's been answered a dozen times. Yes, if blacks are complaining they don''t have enough wealth, then emulate those that do have more wealth than you. graduate school, learn a trade, open your own business if you like, don't have children you can barely afford, don't spend money unnecessarily, learn about investments and you'll do much better in life than those that do the opposite.

That's what your people have done. That's why all of you beneficiaries of Apartheid are running around talking about how you aren't responsible because you were not alive but can't understand how such things have benefitted you along with the damage caused to us that you don't want to take the responsibility you have to fix.
You have benefitted from what your ancestors have done.

IMAVICTIM strikes again.

You do realize SCOTUS is going to strike down Affirmative Action, right? I want to brace you for it, because all your whining aside, everyone is sick and tired of this.

Point is, if you went by test scores and grades, you'd have a lot more Asians and a lot less blacks. Period. If that wasn't the case, you wouldn't be fighting this so hard.

You see, I took ACTUAL history, and not whatever CRT Garbage you learned. Now, I admit, that I come from a long line of Union guys, and that is actually a bias. My Grandfather was in the union, my dad was in the Union, my brothers were in unions. My grandmother was an organizer of union labor at textile factories.

But this whole thing of "White people got AA", we've been over this, buddy. For MOST white people, this meant having to work jobs that frankly no one here would last five minutes at and dying fairly young.

So what? Harvard maintains itself by a network of the powerful. Since most of us will never get into Harvard, just not seeing the point.

That's the problem. Company policies are written by people like you.

No, no one had to discuss how Ms. AA got hired. It was pretty obvious the third time she asked how to perform basic functions of her job. No HR Department that wasn't half asleep would have hired her unless it was trying to fill a quota.

My Manager actually DID want me for the role. He was overruled by people who were higher up. And this person quickly learned whining to HR was the fastest way to get out of work. By the time I left, everyone hated her... and not because we were racists, but because she wasn't pulling her weight.

Wow.. "Sociology". Yeah, that explains much. You know, I'm on another thread arguing with the knuckle-draggers why student loan forgiveness is a good thing, but talking with you and that other guy, I'm starting to kind of doubt it.
Lol IM2 doesn’t realize that Sociology is just a filler class. I took Sociology too, it’s a lame class. It basically teaches common sense to those who are lacking. Reading people, their demeanors, behaviors, etc. is more about intuition.

You mean if they stop rioting burning and looting and murdering and learn to talk?
I was thinking about you earlier today. Ultimately, what makes me a liberal is I get what you are saying. And I don't disagree. It is our fault and we do need to do more to help fix the mess we made. And we continue to treat blacks like second class citizens.

No, MLK would not say today we have reached the mountain top or achieved his dream. Not yet.

We thought racists were going away in the 90's and they did sort of go underground for decades but now with Trump we see that 40% of the Republican party is still racist as fuck. More subtle today but still obvious to anyone with a brain.

Your people have been doing the opposite since the 60s.

How has that worked out?

And I love it how Republicans say they are the ones who passed Civil Rights in the 60's.

Cox's action of burning the cross, federal prosecutors say, falls under the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (sections of which are called the Fair Housing Act), which prohibits discrimination against a person's housing rights based on the individual's race, religion, national origin, sex or family status.

But today it will be Republicans who argue against hate crimes.

And I love it how Republicans say they are the ones who passed Civil Rights in the 60's.

Cox's action of burning the cross, federal prosecutors say, falls under the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (sections of which are called the Fair Housing Act), which prohibits discrimination against a person's housing rights based on the individual's race, religion, national origin, sex or family status.

But today it will be Republicans who argue against hate crimes.

What percentage of Dems voted for it? What percentage of Republicans?

What percentage of Dems voted for it? What percentage of Republicans?
I don't know but the point I'm making today is that those Republicans who voted for it would be Democrats today.

And you Republicans today seem to defend whites who violate the civil rights act or voting/housing laws.

It's you Republicans who want to do away with the Civil Rights act today. Why?

Why today do you Republicans try to make it harder for blacks to vote? That seems different than you in 1960's.

I was thinking about you earlier today. Ultimately, what makes me a liberal is I get what you are saying. And I don't disagree. It is our fault and we do need to do more to help fix the mess we made. And we continue to treat blacks like second class citizens.

No, MLK would not say today we have reached the mountain top or achieved his dream. Not yet.

We thought racists were going away in the 90's and they did sort of go underground for decades but now with Trump we see that 40% of the Republican party is still racist as fuck. More subtle today but still obvious to anyone with a brain.

You're not a liberal. Democrat scum has kept blacks where they are with the help of the race-baiting media.

Forum List

Back