If Abortion is a woman's choice....

roadhouse158

Sep 17, 2006
North Carolina
I would just like to hear some thoughts on this issue

If the argument for abortion is that it is the WOMAN'S right to choose if HER child is born, and the father has no say so whatsover...I mean he can't stop her, or make her get an abortion; Then how can we legally justify having this said father pay child support? If it's the woman's choice, then it should be her resposibility. I don't agree with this whole heartedly. I understand a family going through a divorce having to pay support, but I mean a new born baby. I just don't see the justification behind a man having to pay when he has no say so over abortion. Like I said...I really don't agree 100% with this argument. Two wrongs don't make a right, but I would imagine this has been argued, or will be some time. Just wondering anyones thoughts :eusa_think:

Well this is a difficult topic and for starters I'm against abortion because it deprives life. Now in certain situations it is necessary, and I've got one of those situations. My daughter 15 go pregnant around thanksgiving last year. She lives with her dad and was running wild. At 15 this girl or any girl for that matter isn't running around with their drawers at there ankles yelling come and get it. The boy on the other hand was like a dog in heat. So we got her a abortion because she is a child litery and her life is in front of her and there was a good chance we'd raise this child which I was also against, I'm too old to start over at least right now anyways.
to many times this process is used to keep men from being accountable to there actions, and yes our society has changed a lot over the years. my wife told me the doctor who performed the procedure said that he hadn't seen a girl over 25 in months and that he regularly sees 15-17 year olds. he had a mental trend analysis on blood types and everything. So with all my heart my values keep falling lower because society has told me it is the right thing to do, the county government also supports this procedure since they are so spineless to preach not having sex. They have day cares in the high school now.
So what is the answer? hell I dunno but I don't like it if you are asking....

When men have to deal with the threat of getting pregnant, or having to carry a baby for nine months and then deliver it, then they can have a say.
A lot of it does come down to choices. A man who contributes to a pregnancy can easily say "oops, mistake!" and head on down the road. A woman who gets pregnant doesn't have the same option.
In the same manner, a man can easily deny that he is not the father. A woman can not deny she is the mother. Also, let's say the baby is born. The father gets bored of the whole thing and walks out the door. No consequences. But if the woman gets bored of the whole thing and walks out the door, she is headed to jail.
Let's envision a hormally enveloped couple are partying and get drunk, or merely overheat. It happens. No parent can prevent it. They interlock and the girl gets pregnant. It is pretty easy for the guy to say "I'm not letting this screw up my life!" and deny everything. What happens to the girl?

When men have to deal with the threat of getting pregnant, or having to carry a baby for nine months and then deliver it, then they can have a say.
A lot of it does come down to choices. A man who contributes to a pregnancy can easily say "oops, mistake!" and head on down the road. A woman who gets pregnant doesn't have the same option.
In the same manner, a man can easily deny that he is not the father. A woman can not deny she is the mother. Also, let's say the baby is born. The father gets bored of the whole thing and walks out the door. No consequences. But if the woman gets bored of the whole thing and walks out the door, she is headed to jail.
Let's envision a hormally enveloped couple are partying and get drunk, or merely overheat. It happens. No parent can prevent it. They interlock and the girl gets pregnant. It is pretty easy for the guy to say "I'm not letting this screw up my life!" and deny everything. What happens to the girl?

I think that roadhouse is arguing that, as an extension of the logic you posted, a man should have the choice to help "decide" whether to abort or not.

I think that roadhouse is arguing that, as an extension of the logic you posted, a man should have the choice to help "decide" whether to abort or not.

Bring readily available emergency contraception, such as Plan B, into the picture as an OTC medication, and the issue becomes moot. Implantation of the blastocyst and an unplanned/unwanted pregnancy is prevented.

I would just like to hear some thoughts on this issue

If the argument for abortion is that it is the WOMAN'S right to choose if HER child is born, and the father has no say so whatsover...I mean he can't stop her, or make her get an abortion; Then how can we legally justify having this said father pay child support? If it's the woman's choice, then it should be her resposibility. I don't agree with this whole heartedly. I understand a family going through a divorce having to pay support, but I mean a new born baby. I just don't see the justification behind a man having to pay when he has no say so over abortion. Like I said...I really don't agree 100% with this argument. Two wrongs don't make a right, but I would imagine this has been argued, or will be some time. Just wondering anyones thoughts :eusa_think:
Pre-natal the embryo is still inside the female-her body- and so the decision should primarily be hers. Post-natal, however, the child is biologically independent and undoubtedly a citizen. The difference derives in the state of development of the child.

(1.) There are easy and cheap DNA tests to prove fatherhood.

(2.) Partying and poor behavior is no excuse. “Gee I didn’t know that the gun was loaded.” "Gee the newspaper looked so interesting that I couldn’t help but read it while I was driving." Sorry Charlie.

Besides, there are always adoption agencies.

Before I begin, I'd like to say that I'm not pro-abortion but I'm not against it either. I'm of the opinion that if it doesn't concern me or the greater good then we shouldn't have an opinion on what someone else chooses to do. It's their personal business and they will need to live with the consequences.

Abortion is not a clear cut topic and we can't just have black and white rules that must be adhered, particularly when those chose to make the rules will never be pregnant or require an abortion.

I do believe that if a woman chooses to keep the baby and the man doesn't, then she be the one responsible financially and with that she gets full custody until the child is of full age. The reason why I take this stance is because she can decide not to have the baby and the father wants to keep it but it's ultimately her choice. She can't have it both ways.

However, I'm tired of hearing about pro-lifers saying they're against abortion because they want to protect life but usually have not qualms about the death penalty.

I believe quality of life is important than foresaking all and having a kid just because a sperm and egg fertilized. Life isn't that precious or a miracle as we like to fool ourselves into believing. If it was, we wouldn't medical problems, diseases, hunger or death.

New Topics

Forum List

Back