If A Person Steps On Your Toe And He Knows It

What Do You Do? What. Do. You. Do?

• I don't have the right to be mad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
But he doesn't apologize, do you get mad or do you shrug it off?

Do you have a right to be upset? Yes or no?

I am a man who tries to live his faith. God has commanded us to forgive all. I try to live that, though I will admit it's extremely difficult at times.

I've actually been thinking about forgiveness alot today. I think it's one of the solutions to our nations problems. One that will be difficult, but one that is really the only way we will successfully avoid destroying each other.

And he doesn't apologize? Assume somebody's momma done raised him poorly. Do nothing. If he doesn't care that he stepped, he doesn't care. Period.

Who knows what's going on. Maybe he lost his job and he's hanging by a thread. But yeah; my first reaction is disgruntlement.

I don't get mad about it. Why bother? With everything happening in the world today, it would be petty to get worked up about a momentary mis-step.

Now if someone went out of their way to walk over and deliberately stomp on my foot, that would be a completely different matter.

What if he does it purposefully? Or did it purposefully?

I turn the other toe.

You have a good sole.

* BA DOOM BOOM TISS*

He's here all week folks...The amazing IDB!!

drumming-smile-drum-kit.gif

My answer isn't up there.

I'd be confused, and possibly apologize for being in the way. Assuming it was an accident, I wouldn't have expectations from him.

Edit: Um, I guess I can translate that to "no big deal".

... if it wasn't an accident then I wouldn't expect an apology then either, because I don't expect jerks to apologize.

Last edited:

An expletive at the minimum would surely be in order.

It depends how much trouble this person went to in order to step on your toe...if he/she crossed the road just to zero in on your phalanges then a more vigorous expression of protest would be justified.

Again, from the faith perspective, Christ forgave those who crucified Him. He is our example in all things.

I've come to appreciate turning the other cheek, thanks a lot in part to my study of Mahatma Gandhi. The Lord wants us to become people of charity who rely on Him. I believe that gives us a responsibility to love others even if they hurt us. In fact, we should be willing to suffer rather than to hurt them back, and in that way show our love and Trust in God for our life and support. Our days our numbered. We simply need to accept that we will live until He wants us to pass. Then it doesn't matter when that is, we will be able to accept it. We will be able to turn the other cheek, even at the threat of extreme danger because we will be aware that if it's not our time, we will survive.

Obviously, this level of discipleship is extremely difficult. Quite honestly, I don't know if I could live at that level, at least not yet. I am also aware that are times when God commands us to fight back. It's an issue I've struggled with. When is the time for which?

But I think regardless of whether we need to turn the other cheek or fight our brethren, or anywhere inbetween. We need to cultivate the spirit of forgiveness in our hearts. I've seen a lack of forgiveness make people bitter and unhappy. it's really not worth it. Especially, for petty things. I can understand why there are those who disagree with this. It truly is hard to forgive some people and some things.

All I know is that experience tells me that those who learn to forgive tend to be happier in the long run.

Generally I give the person the benefit of the doubt when it comes to stuff like that. I've also learned that life is too short to get mad at little acts of selfishness.

However, if you step on a family member's toe, then I've got an obligation to do something about that.

Someone need some toe therapy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD_1ATjDxAU&feature=youtube_gdata_player]08 Toes - Norah Jones - YouTube[/ame]

New Topics

Forum List

Back