CDZ If a foreign police agency counterfeited American currency, would it be considered an Act of War?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
As always, apologize for the length. I type fast and I try to be thorough.

My reason for asking this is that I am aware of a couple of government agents who were doing this (just one of a number of anti-American actions I am aware of by the Canadian state) and I avoided these guys at that time. Though there is no doubt they were pushing interest in this currency at a local high school.

Years after, in my aggressive pursuit for information about covert operatives in Ontario out of necessity, I learned more than I had expected. I suspected there were a few scumbags at IBM who were members of the RCMP and their surrogates engaging in heavy anti-American, anti-capitalism, anti-NAFTA activities, and this was confirmed. However, I also learned of these two dirty animals from years earlier who had been involved in the processing of counterfeit U.S dollars at pushing it at a high school.

One of the arguments I have made to the Canadian government regarding the litany of anti-democratic, anti-American activities being engaged in, is my accusation that the U.S authorities surely would not approve of them using U.S currency in sting operations at Canadian schools. I feel the Canadian government is less concerned about this issue as they are about me blowing the whistle on the de-facto communist tactics in multiple U.S corporations, however, I cannot believe that the former tactics would be accepted.

So, is it an act of war or any other excessive abuse/action to have a foreign police force counterfeit and push this fake currency of another allied nation on it's population?

Cheers.

It would not be an act of war. That term is obsolete and a part of the bygone cold war era. The USA has conducted thousands of drone attacks all over the world and killed tens of thousands of people without being in some state of war.

It would not be an act of war. That term is obsolete and a part of the bygone cool war era. The USA has conducted thousands of drone attacks all over the world and killed tens of thousands of people without being in some state of war.

So is their any sovereignty associated with the currency of the United States? Or is it free for exploitation by any nation as they see fit?

It would not be an act of war. That term is obsolete and a part of the bygone cool war era. The USA has conducted thousands of drone attacks all over the world and killed tens of thousands of people without being in some state of war.

So is their any sovereignty associated with the currency of the United States? Or is it free for exploitation by any nation as they see fit?

As the world's reserve currency, every national currency is in a bid against it daily. Worldwide Americanization makes it free for exploitation worldwide. Also there are entire countries that use it as their national currency too, such as Zimbabwe.

As always, apologize for the length. I type fast and I try to be thorough.

My reason for asking this is that I am aware of a couple of government agents who were doing this (just one of a number of anti-American actions I am aware of by the Canadian state) and I avoided these guys at that time. Though there is no doubt they were pushing interest in this currency at a local high school.

Years after, in my aggressive pursuit for information about covert operatives in Ontario out of necessity, I learned more than I had expected. I suspected there were a few scumbags at IBM who were members of the RCMP and their surrogates engaging in heavy anti-American, anti-capitalism, anti-NAFTA activities, and this was confirmed. However, I also learned of these two dirty animals from years earlier who had been involved in the processing of counterfeit U.S dollars at pushing it at a high school.

One of the arguments I have made to the Canadian government regarding the litany of anti-democratic, anti-American activities being engaged in, is my accusation that the U.S authorities surely would not approve of them using U.S currency in sting operations at Canadian schools. I feel the Canadian government is less concerned about this issue as they are about me blowing the whistle on the de-facto communist tactics in multiple U.S corporations, however, I cannot believe that the former tactics would be accepted.

So, is it an act of war or any other excessive abuse/action to have a foreign police force counterfeit and push this fake currency of another allied nation on it's population?

Cheers.

Usually it is acts of violence that are considered 'acts of war'; the U.S. legal code has a list of acts it considers 'casus belli'. Many other countries have their own lists, based on their existential realities. The Pentagon at one point some years ago stated that it considered cyber attacks as acts of war, but as far as I know that probably has no legal standing, and is just an opinion, one I have no problem with personally. A couple of links re 'acts of war', the first giving those in the U.S. legal code, the second just a wiki page thrown in for grins.

Act of War Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

Casus belli - Wikipedia

... and the third a link from the wiki page, re Gulf Of Tonkin.

McNamara asks Giap: What happened in Tonkin Gulf?

McNamara asks Giap: What happened in Tonkin Gulf?

Of course, LBJ did the right thing in siding with South Vietnam against the criminal imperialist Soviet proxy war conducted against it.

Yes, absolutely, but crimes such as counterfeiting can be addressed via other means without declaring war. Canada is not North Korea or some Islamic dictatorship, at least not yet, anyway. It isn't necessarily an act of war, imo; it can be if done in combination with other acts. Congress decides what are 'acts of war', really, and the code is all over the place.

Last edited:
Providing answers requires a large relative space, where the police particularly wouldve or wouldnt have had direct state support.
Cops wouldnt be un-prone to using siezed counterfeit currency or goods to bust circles of criminals as is in certain places (perhaps east of poland one can imagine this happening). Whereas police officers using counterfeit currency to perform anti state and anti-american tasks would start to raise the alarm.

Pretty out there, though you could imagine saddams baathist police using counterfeit currency as a major problem.
What youre talking about sounds like something of a more current anti-Iranian model.

Forum List

Back