If 25% of a commodity is removed, will the consumers' cost go up?

I am certainly against the government getting involved in the change. None of that really has to do with my post though.

It is highly doubtful that another power source is going to replace fuel at the point of the car for the exact reason I highlighted in my post, economies of scale ALWAYS make things more efficient and cost effective. No matter what the power source, it will be more efficient to create that power at a centralized location as transport it to your car after production. Ergo, there really is no way that electric cars are not the future of most vehicles.

I never said they wouldn't be, but now is not the time for it because it has way too many problems associated with it. If in the current times electric cars would be more efficient and cost effective, it wouldn't need massive government subsidies. The private market would have jumped on it a long time ago.

The bottom line is as of now, there is simply no actual replacement for fossil fuels; highly reliable, economically affordable, very powerful, nothing including electricity comes close.

I never said they wouldn't be, but now is not the time for it because it has way too many problems associated with it. If in the current times electric cars would be more efficient and cost effective, it wouldn't need massive government subsidies. The private market would have jumped on it a long time ago.

The bottom line is as of now, there is simply no actual replacement for fossil fuels; highly reliable, economically affordable, very powerful, nothing including electricity comes close.
Yes and no though. Now really is the time to start not because the tech is there but because tech does not magically appear ready to sever the market. Without any subsidies at all, EV would still be on the market and they would still be sold. We need early adopters to move the tech forward. There was a time when only rich idiots owned a flat panel TV, they cost 10 times what their traditional counterparts cost and were inferior in many ways too. But getting in the market is what drove further innovation and, more importantly, flushed out what consumers were looking for.

Not much different than the EV market where engineers would likely have told you a decade ago that short ranges were not a problem because most people only drive short distances 90% of the time. Hell, companies tried this line to push older EV models and, in many ways, are still trying to use it. Of course, my vehicle is useless to me if it cannot make the one trip a year I do across 2000miles and most people are like me - disinterested until charging is as fast as a gas vehicle and can make a long trek. It is going to take a few decades for the market to deliver that.

Question... If 25% of a commodity is reduced and eventually eliminated, will that increase the costs to the consumers of that commodity?

FACT:
About a quarter (25%) of U.S. oil and an eighth of the nation's natural gas is produced on federal lands.
Supporting link: U.S. oil and natural gas production to fall in 2021, then rise in 2022 - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

FACT:
If 25% of oil and gas on Federal lands is eliminated from the supply will the cost go up to gasoline consumers?

PROOF!!!

As gas prices soar, Americans can blame Joe Biden​

Biden's attack on U.S. energy producers, starting with his freeze on federal oil and gas leases, will assuredly take a toll on output down the road and cause prices at the pump to rise.
But today, Biden has pushed those prices, which were already rising because of severe weather, even higher by gratuitously alienating Saudi Arabia. The Gulf kingdom just surprised energy markets by announcing it would not raise oil output, despite developing supply constraints and rising prices.
Oil prices jumped on the news, popping 4 percent to pre-pandemic levels for the first time in a year; the surge rattled markets alread

What a bunch of hooey. Freezing oil and gas leases is on public lands has no effect on production whatsoever. They did the same thing under the Obama administration in production went up.

They’re not giving out new leases because there’s nothing left to lease. Any lands had any possibility of production have already been tapped.

Your article seems to be claiming that Biden intends to shut down the existing production on federal lands and there’s no indication that he does. The question of what happens if the 25% of oil and gas that is produced on federal lands is shut down is moot.

Joe Biden is one of the people who is responsible for the United States of America reach achieving energy independence. It is ridiculous for the right wing media to now clean that Joe is out to destroy that energy independence.
NOT one single substantiation for your totally subjective wild eyed guesses.
Zero! Just you very very uninformed opinion!

Yes and no though. Now really is the time to start not because the tech is there but because tech does not magically appear ready to sever the market. Without any subsidies at all, EV would still be on the market and they would still be sold. We need early adopters to move the tech forward. There was a time when only rich idiots owned a flat panel TV, they cost 10 times what their traditional counterparts cost and were inferior in many ways too. But getting in the market is what drove further innovation and, more importantly, flushed out what consumers were looking for.

Not much different than the EV market where engineers would likely have told you a decade ago that short ranges were not a problem because most people only drive short distances 90% of the time. Hell, companies tried this line to push older EV models and, in many ways, are still trying to use it. Of course, my vehicle is useless to me if it cannot make the one trip a year I do across 2000miles and most people are like me - disinterested until charging is as fast as a gas vehicle and can make a long trek. It is going to take a few decades for the market to deliver that.
In the meantime we subsidize with higher prices.

Fuel prices are up all over the world. This has nothing to do with Biden, idiots.

DAMN YOU, BIDEN!!! :aargh:

France May Step In to Protect Motorists From Rising Oil Prices

MOTHERFUCKING BIDEN!!! :crybaby:

DIE, BIDEN, DIE!!! :102:

Europe’s energy crisis goes from bad to worse as Dutch and U.K. natural gas prices see double-digit gains

BIDEN IS A MARXIST COMMIE BASTARD!!! :mad:

Fuel Prices Soar Across Asia as Global Energy Crunch Deepens

BIDEN'S EXISTENCE IS MAKING ME DERANGED!!!!:aargh:

Fuel prices are up all over the world. This has nothing to do with Biden, idiots.

Where is your proof that gasoline prices are up all over the world?
I don't believe a word you write as you probably are
1) CONFUSING Natural gas prices have risen to seasonal record highs as global gas demand
2) Prove to me you aren't so dumb as to make an unsubstantiated statement...otherwise you are dumb and a LIAR!

See post 387, idiot.
What a dummy!
What an idiot!
This is not gasoline prices you idiot! It is NATURAL GAS!
  • November contracts at the Dutch TTF hub — a European benchmark for natural gas — were trading at around 118 euros per megawatt hour (MWH) just after midday in London.
  • The front-month contract has risen almost 400% since the start of the year.
  • Several British energy suppliers have collapsed amid the gas price crisis. September alone reportedly saw nine companies cease trading.
  • In recent weeks, governments in Spain, Italy, Greece, and France have taken drastic actions to minimize the impact of wholesale price rises on consumers.

NOW where is the proof that "GASOLINE" PRICES ARE SKYROCKETING??? PROVE IT DUMMY!

NOW where is the proof that "GASOLINE" PRICES ARE SKYROCKETING??? PROVE IT DUMMY!
I am not surprised your propagandists keep you rubes in the dark and fill your heads with lies of omission. It's really sad you keep going back to be lied to more and more.

You really are a submissive cuck, you know that? You deserve to be lied to.

U.K. Fuel Prices Rise Most Since July Amid Fuel Shortages

Fuel Prices Soar Across Asia as Global Energy Crunch Deepens

Let me know if you need more to penetrate that incredibly dense skull of yours.

Last edited:

Energy Crisis Spurs Talk of Sweden Inflation Shock at 2008 High

Energy Crisis Spurs Talk of Sweden Inflation Shock at 2008 High

Ya but you only have 10 different sources. Just 10. Bet you don't have 11.

:poke:

Doesn't mean much with the left's push toward electric vehicles. Demand could be decreased by twenty-five percent as well.
If everyone starts driving electric vehicles it would require a 30% increase in power output on our grids. We have no means of accommodating that and they don’t want to build nuclear plants.

We went from energy independence to communist Xiden clearly stating he wants to eliminate gas. It's just a coincidence the cost has fired upwards so greatly.....

COUGH!

Turkey Gas Stations Brace for Double-Digit Prices as Lira Slumps

Forum List

Back