Identifying voters

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
This is truly Pathetic....

Identifying voters
TODAY'S EDITORIAL
September 22, 2006

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and all but four House Democrats think you shouldn't have to show so much as a library card to vote -- and the New York Times couldn't be happier.
In an editorial yesterday on the voter ID bill that passed on a 228-196 party-line vote, the NYT lamented how the Republican Party's "strategy for winning elections these days is voter suppression," calling the proposed guidelines "shameful" and "onerous." That's some language, even for the reliably liberal NYT.
So, here's what the bill would require: First, to register to vote a person must provide proof of citizenship, which in the case of most citizens is a matter of showing a driver's license; and second, when voting a person must show photo identification. Onerous indeed. Even former President Jimmy Carter -- who parades himself these days as the world's election monitor-in-chief -- endorsed these guidelines last year in a bipartisan commission studying election fraud and reform. You know it's a red-letter day when Democrats take issue with Mr. Carter.
But whereas Mr. Carter's campaigning days are long gone, House Democrats have the future to think about. Voter fraud is easy enough in many states where all one needs to do to register is fill out the registration form. In a country with at least 12 million illegal aliens -- all being actively sought by the Democratic Party with promises of citizenship -- this is a disturbing enough proposition. That it doesn't happen terribly often doesn't mean the federal government shouldn't try to shut down what fraud does occur, especially when the United States is heavily engaged abroad with building legitimate democracies.
Mrs. Pelosi and her caucus, however, argue exactly the opposite. Requiring voters to prove citizenship and show a photo ID, in their view, delegitimizes the democratic process. To them, it's also racist, "classist" and oppressive. If that's the case, then whenever you try to get a driver's license, buy liquor, rent a car or a movie, borrow a book, receive Social Security, you're a victim of racism and classism. It's strange then that we don't see millions of library-goers protesting the oppressive librarians.
Fortunately, 81 percent of voters disagree with the Democratic position, according to a recent NBC/Wall Street Journal poll. Going into an election, one must wonder why the Democrats would consciously oppose such a large segment of the voting public. The general rule in these instances is to look at the various interest groups pulling the purse strings -- in this case, the illegal-alien lobby, the very folks who have the least to gain from stricter voting requirements.
http://washingtontimes.com/op-ed/20060921-085726-5125r.htm

Why is it preventing people who arent legally allowed to vote is supressing the vote?

Why is it preventing people who arent legally allowed to vote is supressing the vote?

Avatar, you Hatemongerer and racist. How dare you suggest that non-citizens of this country not have every right that citizens do. I mean we give them the right to an attorney after they kill several thousand Americans on US soil. We give them the right to free health care, free school, free everything basically. How dare you suggest that they should be a citizen in order to vote.

:gang1:

Avatar, you Hatemongerer and racist. How dare you suggest that non-citizens of this country not have every right that citizens do. I mean we give them the right to an attorney after they kill several thousand Americans on US soil. We give them the right to free health care, free school, free everything basically. How dare you suggest that they should be a citizen in order to vote.

:gang1:

At least we don't let em trash our pres tho !!!!:teeth:

Do we give them the right to pay tax's?

Oh, well, thats what I thought.:whip:

Sharpton was trying to defend no IDs for voting last night on O'Reilly. What a joke. He doesn't care if the voters are frauds--he just wants to make sure the machines work.

Sharpton was trying to defend no IDs for voting last night on O'Reilly. What a joke. He doesn't care if the voters are frauds--he just wants to make sure the machines work.

Sharpton, now there is a ROLE MODEL.

How DO people like that get elected?

Talk about your "machine". Its the way New York used to be run. Hmmm, maybe NOTHING has changed. How stupid of me.:whip:

Guess I was having a Senior moment.....................:poke:

Sharpton, now there is a ROLE MODEL.

How DO people like that get elected?

Talk about your "machine". Its the way New York used to be run. Hmmm, maybe NOTHING has changed. How stupid of me.:whip:

Guess I was having a Senior moment.....................:poke:

I think the concept of having legitimate people voting on legitimate machines is a concept that is just too foreign to the guy. I mean how "accurate" do we really want to get here?:teeth:

How does he get elected ? one guess :blsmile:

Forum List

Back