Idaho Activates Crisis Protocol And Says Some COVID-19 Patients May Be Placed In Conference Rooms Because There Are So Few Hospital Beds

Idaho is a very red state. I would be shocked if any hospital in that state was not private owned with the exception of any military hospital or health facility.

This is what happens when private entities own way too much of our nation.

They put their own greed first before what's best for the business and community.

All brought to you by the Republican Party.
Are conservatives willfully trying to prolong the pandemic in an effort to hurt Biden, or hurt Democrats, or otherwise benefit them politically by refusing to be vaccinated?

"Which is why they are so frustrated about the situation in North Idaho. Earlier this week, state public health officials activated crisis standards of care for at least 10 hospitals across ten Northern Idaho counties because of an unprecedented surge of hospitalizations due to COVID-19.

This means health care facilities are overwhelmed and are now rationing care for everyone, regardless of their diagnosis."

This is what the covid deniers don't understand or, more correctly to my way of thinking, don't care about. The gentleman in the story quoted above has a father than needs back surgery. It isn't being done because of Covid census.

Good story. NPR does good reporting, always has. I hardly ever catch them since retirement.
I get the impression of rugged individualist anti-gov types up there. If that is so, they got to be scared sh#tless of whether they are being offered a vaccine cure/ helpful agent, or if the government is giving them something to take them out. Paranoia finding it own reward?
Get the shot, people. Nobody trying to kill you off, but you and you don't even know it.

Good story. NPR does good reporting, always has. I hardly ever catch them since retirement.
I get the impression of rugged individualist anti-gov types up there. If that is so, they got to be scared sh#tless of whether they are being offered a vaccine cure/ helpful agent, or if the government is giving them something to take them out. Paranoia finding it own reward?
Get the shot, people. Nobody trying to kill you off, but you and you don't even know it.
Northern Idaho is rife with the 3 percenters.

Also from NPR:

Of course the Washington Examiner is going to make things sound as bad as possible.

Yes but since they are a right wing publican they usually make things sound bad with democrats.

Not republicans.

So now you're trashing a right wing publican that reported the truth about the covid death numbers coming out of Florida this week

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 9.04.03 PM.png

Northern Idaho is rife with the 3 percenters.

Also from NPR:

Wow. Thanks for posting these. They are an excellent example of why NPR needs its public (tax) funding revoked, and why many people have stopped listening to them years ago. Neither of these are news stories: they are both hit pieces

• The first one has a few facts taken out of context from several different topics, but sewn together by the narrator that smoothly concludes that all Republicans are racist and extremists.
  • The second one similarly has almost no real facts and relies on a handful of carefully edited audio clips. The narrator spends 90% of the 8 minutes telling you how to feel and think about "Republican right wingers" like this guy (who incidentally was not convicted of any major crime). A proper news reporter would have been able to communicate the facts of this story in a 20 second blurb. This piece uses a smattering of audio clips augmented almost totally by narrator supplied mental images to draw the conclusion that the main character is some sort of evil person and anyone supporting him in is election bid is evil too.
If you read the fine print, you'll find that stories like these are "only for entertainment purposes". The whole point of these is to grab your attention, invoke some sort of emotional response, and draw you in. There are some on every "side", and you can usually identify them as soon as the narrator gives you any sort of opinion or emotionally leading wording.

Why do they drive these wedges between people? Money? Power? Audience Share?

Wow. Thanks for posting these. They are an excellent example of why NPR needs its public (tax) funding revoked, and why many people have stopped listening to them years ago. Neither of these are news stories: they are both hit pieces

• The first one has a few facts taken out of context from several different topics, but sewn together by the narrator that smoothly concludes that all Republicans are racist and extremists.
  • The second one similarly has almost no real facts and relies on a handful of carefully edited audio clips. The narrator spends 90% of the 8 minutes telling you how to feel and think about "Republican right wingers" like this guy (who incidentally was not convicted of any major crime). A proper news reporter would have been able to communicate the facts of this story in a 20 second blurb. This piece uses a smattering of audio clips augmented almost totally by narrator supplied mental images to draw the conclusion that the main character is some sort of evil person and anyone supporting him in is election bid is evil too.
If you read the fine print, you'll find that stories like these are "only for entertainment purposes". The whole point of these is to grab your attention, invoke some sort of emotional response, and draw you in. There are some on every "side", and you can usually identify them as soon as the narrator gives you any sort of opinion or emotionally leading wording.

Why do they drive these wedges between people? Money? Power? Audience Share?
NPR has more listeners than ever. Your assessment is...well...silly.

The situation in Idaho has gotten out of control. The hospitals are in crisis protocol in North Idaho.

Idaho has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the nation and not many people wear masks or social distance.

From the article:

Some patients sick with COVID-19 in Idaho may be placed in conference rooms if hospital beds are not available, according to a crisis protocol the state's Department of Health and Welfare activated Tuesday to combat a surge in hospitalizations.The Crisis Standards of Care, activated in North Idaho, comes as the state faces a staffing shortage and lack of available hospital beds. The protocol is a guideline for healthcare providers to follow when deciding how to deliver the best treatment possible, given a disaster or public health emergency. "Crisis standards of care is a last resort. It means we have exhausted our resources to the point that our healthcare systems are unable to provide the treatment and care we expect," DHW Director Dave Jeppesen said in a statement. "This is a decision I was fervently hoping to avoid. The best tools we have to turn this around is for more people to get vaccinated and to wear masks indoors and in outdoor crowded public places. Please choose to get vaccinated as soon as possible - it is your very best protection against being hospitalized from COVID-19." The state said that when crisis standards are activated, people who need medical attention may have treatment different from what they expect. At hospitals with a shortage in beds, the state said, patients may find themselves in repurposed places like conference rooms or without necessary treatment equipment.

The latest on this..also a note..I live in Twin Falls Idaho..and I've been to St. Luke's 4 times in the past month. The ER is packed..and and elective procedures are woefully delayed.
We actually don't have it nearly as bad as Boise and the North part of the state. It is almost all unvaccinated who are in the hospital---you can say that it's their choice...but their choices are adversely affecting others. Thus, the rationing..that I'm totally in favor of...triage the unvaccinated..and let them take the brunt of their bad choices...

Idaho's public health officials say crisis standards of care are imminent for the state's most populated region as hospitals continue to be overrun with unvaccinated coronavirus patients.
Idaho's public health officials say crisis standards of care are "imminent" for the state's most populated region as hospitals in the Boise area continue to be overrun with unvaccinated coronavirus patients. Hospitals in the northern half of the state were given permission to begin rationing care last week.
The southwestern and southern Idaho regions that include Boise and Twin Falls may get official authorization to begin rationing health care — a step intended to ensure the patients most likely to survive are given access to scarce resources like intensive care unit beds — any day now, Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Director Dave Jeppesen said Tuesday.
“We continue to set new records each week,” said Jeppesen about coronavirus hospitalizations. “We do not see a peak in sight.”
Hospitals in the northern half of the state were given permission to begin rationing care last week, when Kootenai Health in Coeur d'Alene was forced to begin treating some patients in a field hospital set up in a conference center instead of regular hospital rooms.
“Nearly all the metrics we track are trending in the wrong direction,” when it comes to coronavirus, deputy state epidemiologist Dr. Kathryn Turner said.
On Sept. 11, the state had more than 600 patients hospitalized with COVID-19, far beyond last winter's peak when 466 people were hospitalized. Coronavirus patients in intensive care units and on ventilators are also setting record highs in the state. The vast majority of them — more than 91% — are not vaccinated against coronavirus.
The highly contagious delta variant is sickening and sometimes killing more younger patients than the original variant, Turner said. In all of 2020, more than half of the COVID-19 deaths were among Idaho residents who were at least 80 years old, according to the department's numbers. This year, well over half of the deaths are in people aged 50 to 79, and just over 7% of the deaths were among even younger Idaho residents.
But even as the state continues to see new records in the number of people hospitalized or on ventilators with COVID-19, weekly vaccination rates are dropping. About 40,000 vaccine doses were administered during the week of Sept. 5, according to numbers from the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, compared to 57,000 and 67,000 doses each of the two prior weeks.

Still, many of Idaho's most powerful officials have been reluctant to support mask mandates or employment-based vaccine requirements. Idaho Gov. Brad Little has never issued a statewide mask mandate. Last week announced that he was working with Idaho Attorney General Lawrence Wasden to see if they could use the court system to stop President Joe Biden from requiring that large employers mandate COVID-19 vaccines or implement routine COVID-19 testing.
Meanwhile, the governor — like state health officials — continues to urge residents to get vaccinated against coronavirus.
Such urging has been largely ineffective so far. Idaho remains one of the least-vaccinated states in the nation, with just 50% of its residents fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Well, I am a fucking idiot. I watched that state's governor's video and told my cousin (who lives there) "He look reasonable". Holy F**in S*** for brains. When are these jack asses going to realize they need to activate actual hospital capacity to handle the extra sick people? Gesh, the hospitals have been at or near capacity for the last DECADE, but oh no, "we'll put the profits in our pockets instead of building out for the extra 30% population we've accumulated in the last 10 years.

Hope they hang that fucker. Listen folks, this is not "pandemic" related: it's sheer stupid people in government, or should I say THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE HOSPITAL (not necessarily the government, but often so). Clearly, the problem is with their inadequate health care system, as the rates are a mirror of the nationwide rates, shown in these graphs below.

View attachment 536453

You might be on to something with that. You can't simply just build a new hospital. It's a massive bureaucratic exercise steeped in red tape.

Interesting to see you citing the Atlantic..LOL! A good study..thanx for posting...I found this tidbit in there:

One of the important implications of the study, these experts say, is that the introduction of vaccines strongly correlates with a greater share of COVID hospital patients having mild or asymptomatic disease. “It’s underreported how well the vaccine makes your life better, how much less sick you are likely to be, and less sick even if hospitalized,” Snyder said. “That’s the gem in this study.”

“People ask me, ‘Why am I getting vaccinated if I just end up in the hospital anyway?’” Griffin said. “But I say, ‘You’ll end up leaving the hospital.’”

Edit: I guess you didn't cite the Atlantic, did you...your guys are...Therightscoop.com...too funny--I went to the source out of habit....since..the right scoop..is bound to be a bit..slanted? Still, thanks.

Last edited:
Interesting to see you citing the Atlantic..LOL! A good study..thanx for posting...I found this tidbit in there:

One of the important implications of the study, these experts say, is that the introduction of vaccines strongly correlates with a greater share of COVID hospital patients having mild or asymptomatic disease. “It’s underreported how well the vaccine makes your life better, how much less sick you are likely to be, and less sick even if hospitalized,” Snyder said. “That’s the gem in this study.”

“People ask me, ‘Why am I getting vaccinated if I just end up in the hospital anyway?’” Griffin said. “But I say, ‘You’ll end up leaving the hospital.’”

Edit: I guess you didn't cite the Atlantic, did you...your guys are...Therightscoop.com...too funny--I went to the source out of habit....since..the right scoop..is bound to be a bit..slanted? Still, thanks.
is everything with you "your guys and my guys"??

if so its really sad because there are some of us out here that are not part of either of you stupid fucks,,,

Forum List

Back