Zone1 Iceland Church apologizes for what looks like a transgendered Jesus

I can't believe you used the word "blasphemous", otherwise known as "don't say anything inconvenient about my religion or I'll kill you".

You say "it's not how God created people to be" Really? How do you know what God intended?

You do realize there are hermaphrodites, people with vaginas and penises, and they are born this way. So which gender is a hermaphrodite?

The Bible is also pretty clear that gay people existed. It talks about them quite a bit.

No, that is not what blasphemous means. You're creating your own definition.

To answer your question on how we know what God intended, from a Christian perspective we can know in a few ways. One is what the bible says. The other is in what we know of God's nature and character. And lastly, plain old common sense. It would be a contradiction of what is clearly stated in the scriptures, for starters. I could explain further but that should be enough.

As for your comments on hermaphrodites, for starters that is different than transgenderism. Secondly, that is extremely rare. And lastly and most importantly, things like that exist because this is a fallen, corrupted world. God did not create hermaphrodites in the beginning, that was not part of God's original design. The reason we have things like diseases, deformities, imperfections, etc is because this is a fallen world. A lot of things exist now that were never part of God's intent or design.

Lastly, of course gay people existed back then, the fact that something has been around for a long time doesn't have anything to do with whether or not it's a sin. Sinners of all types have been around since nearly the dawn of time. Doesn't mean God approves of everything people do. lol.

Well, that comes across as convenient a little too much.

1) Jesus, even if he was the "son of God", still came out of a woman from the Middle East. He still had a human body with DNA from human people.

There's no way in hell that he came out as a freaking white dude.

So if he can be white, for white people, he can be transgender for transgender people. though why they'd want to believe in a God that seems to hate them.....
Jesus was white during His earthly life. He descended from king David. If you want to know what he looks like now, see Revelation. God has human form, but He is not human.

Disclaimer. This is not intended to bash or complain about the LGBTQ community and please do not engage in that on this thread. This is strictly intended to protest policy and attitudes promoted in a way that is dishonest and I believe harmful and that should be unacceptable to everybody.

As if we didn't know that the 'woke' culture is invading religion the same as it has government, media, scientific institutions, entertainment, education, this ad campaign in Iceland is just one volley being shot. And it targets children. Good people need to stand up and complain long and loud at this attempt to completely destroy existing culture and establish something unrecognizable to those embracing traditional values.

View attachment 729575

Good people need to stand up and complain long and loud at this attempt to completely destroy existing culture and establish something unrecognizable to those embracing traditional values.

nothing new there ... christian intolerance -

1669250359852.png

than humility - to live and let live, instead the traditionalist impulsive need for expressing displeasure and acquire self gratification against the offender they use to gain their congregations abject approval.

and surly written in their 4th century c-bible for the every purpose to impose on others their own narrow and selfish disposition. the desert religions.

This is the topic of the thread. The topic is that a church in Iceland apologized for a transgender Jesus. Why would they apologize? What have they done wrong? Nothing.

But then you say it's not about bashing the LGBT community and then you set off and bash the LGBT community.
But I guess I'm not going to get a proper conversation here. You want to tell people why the church should be bigoted, its right to be bigoted, but oh, your bigotry is not intended to bash anyway. Bullshit.

Jesus had a message of living and accepting. Are you doing any of that? (answer is no)

nothing new there ... christian intolerance -

View attachment 730101

than humility - to live and let live, instead the traditionalist impulsive need for expressing displeasure and acquire self gratification against the offender they use to gain their congregations abject approval.

and surly written in their 4th century c-bible for the every purpose to impose on others their own narrow and selfish disposition. the desert religions.
They are not living and let live when they target children with that kind of imagery that portrays an image so historically antithetical to Christian theology that it can only be seen as grooming.

Again the Jewish people of Jesus' day didn't have 'transgender' in their vocabulary anywhere, nor did the early Jewish or Gentile Christians. That image is as insulting and unacceptable to Biblical Christians as would transgendered people portrayed as Satan's helpers or worse be insulting and unacceptable to you.

They are not living and let live when they target children with that kind of imagery that portrays an image so historically antithetical to Christian theology that it can only be seen as grooming.

Again the Jewish people of Jesus' day didn't have 'transgender' in their vocabulary anywhere, nor did the early Jewish or Gentile Christians. That image is as insulting and unacceptable to Biblical Christians as would transgendered people portrayed as Satan's helpers or worse be insulting and unacceptable to you.

you mean 4th century bigotry, not 1st century liberation theology, self determination those people were willing to die for.

just when do you let children breath for themselves - if ever - or after c-bible brain washing lets them loose on society with warped mental paralysis to cause mayhem and destruction in the name of christianity. as repeated throughout history.

you mean 4th century bigotry, not 1st century liberation theology, self determination those people were willing to die for.

just when do you let children breath for themselves - if ever - or after c-bible brain washing lets them loose on society with warped mental paralysis to cause mayhem and destruction in the name of christianity. as repeated throughout history.
I know what I meant and so do you and it isn't what you said here. Diversionary tactics won't help your anti-Christian argument. Do have a pleasant evening.

No, that is not what blasphemous means. You're creating your own definition.

To answer your question on how we know what God intended, from a Christian perspective we can know in a few ways. One is what the bible says. The other is in what we know of God's nature and character. And lastly, plain old common sense. It would be a contradiction of what is clearly stated in the scriptures, for starters. I could explain further but that should be enough.

As for your comments on hermaphrodites, for starters that is different than transgenderism. Secondly, that is extremely rare. And lastly and most importantly, things like that exist because this is a fallen, corrupted world. God did not create hermaphrodites in the beginning, that was not part of God's original design. The reason we have things like diseases, deformities, imperfections, etc is because this is a fallen world. A lot of things exist now that were never part of God's intent or design.

Lastly, of course gay people existed back then, the fact that something has been around for a long time doesn't have anything to do with whether or not it's a sin. Sinners of all types have been around since nearly the dawn of time. Doesn't mean God approves of everything people do. lol.

Yeah, creating my own definition based on how it's used in the modern world.

No matter how you look at the word, it's all about getting people to shut up, it's censorship, there's no difference between blasphemy and what the Chinese do. They all get people to fear saying reality because it'll upset the powers that be.

So, in order to know what God "thinks" you have the Bible, which is interpreted very wildly by different people.

The second is you claim to know "God's nature", I'm guessing I'd see this very differently from you

Thirdly, "common sense" is often full of contradictions, and is often very convenient for the person talking.

What'd I'd say to all of this is that "God" is a human construct and "God" fits perfectly with a person's way of seeing things, a very convenient construct.

Yes, hermaphrodites are different to transgender people. However there are similarities.

Religious people say that there are two genders. There are males. Males have dicks. And there are female, females have vaginas. It's simple, it's easy to understand. Kids from a very early age see that as the way it is. Perhaps from a conservative point of view females should have long hair, males should have short hair, things that like. But from a simplistic biological function, that's it.

Religious right wing people also have a view of people with mental problems that is also very conservative and very simplistic. They seem to see mental problems as a merely way of acting, rather than something someone is born with. I have people with mental problems in my family, so I know it's more genetic, passed from parents to children, or grandparents to grandchildren.

Why do I bring up mental problems? Because transgender seems to be homosexual + mental problems.

I've known plenty of gay people. I've seen people who I KNEW were gay, and they didn't accept it. Actually quite a lots of people. People I was best friends with and these people were generally not people with mental problems.

However it's well known that many transgender are people with mental problems. They have problems and they think their problem is that they identify with something other than their body gender. So they think if they get the gender surgery that their problems will be over, then they find out it's not the case.

I'd say both homosexuality AND mental problems are NATURAL. You will probably say otherwise.
However I'd say that hermaphrodites PROVE that we, as humans, are often what you might call "wrong".

A hermaphrodite is born "wrong". They don't conform to the either a dick or a vagina view of the world. So people can be born "wrong". If people can be born "wrong" then, based on your view of the world, this must have come from "God".

This isn't someone deciding to have both a dick and a vagina. It was forced on them. I can go further in my evidence and say that people are born without body parts, or without a brain that functions properly. We have autistic kids being born, and worse. We have people born without legs, or arms, or functioning eyes or whatever.

What is "natural" does not often conform with the "norm". But if there is a "God", then this is because "God" allows it to happen.

If this is so, then gay can be natural, mental problems (I mean 25% of people have some kind of mental problem) are natural too. Which means transgender is natural, or at least the desire to be a transgender person.

No, whether gay existed, doesn't change whether humans in the Christian/Islamic/Jewish churches believe it is a "sin". Even China, under Xi, thinks it's a "sin", they tolerate it to a legal extent, but gay people come across problems that others don't in China, even though technically China has gay as legal.

You can see homosexuality as a sin. But then ALL HUMANS are sinners. It's a simple fact of the Bible.

This claims to have 100 quotes from the Bible that say that all people are sinners.
Even worse is that adultery is a sin, and in the old testament the punishment is stoning to death and right wing Christians voted for a serial adulterer for President but would not vote for a homosexual. That, right there, is hypocrisy.

So, presenting Jesus as a human being, is presenting Jesus as a sinner. Presenting Jesus as a transgender, is presenting Jesus as a sinner. Presenting Jesus as a rabbit, might not be.

Damn, we've jumped to "grooming" now. Does showing a person with breasts equate to "grooming"?

I'm going to say you're wrong. I'm going to say that all they want to do is make kids tolerate.

I'll give an example that has nothing to do with sex.

In the UK the BBC has a Kids channel or something called CBBC. They had a presenter with one arm.

Guess what the right wing press said:

(Don't click on it, the article has disappeared, but you can see from the newspaper it's the right wing Daily Mail and it says the presenter is scaring kids)

Here's a less right wing newspaper.

"One-armed CBeebies presenter hits back at cruel parents who called her 'scary' by sharing bikini photo"
The reality is, young kids would not be "scared" of this woman. They accept what they see because EVERYTHING is new for them.

This is relevant because kids can accept gay people, they can accept all kinds of things. They can accept transgenderism without even really thinking about it. Some kids do get frightened, Chinese kids even at the age of one may (not all, some) will cry when seeing a foreign face.

However I have no doubt that it wasn't the kids that were scared, it was the parents telling the kids to be scared that was the issue. Tolerance needs to be taught very young.

Jesus was all about tolerance.

That Christian adults are "insulted" by things is hardly surprising. Are you saying that because something isn't in the Bible it's "insulting", do you drive a car, bet cars aren't in the Bible.

Damn, we've jumped to "grooming" now. Does showing a person with breasts equate to "grooming"?

I'm going to say you're wrong. I'm going to say that all they want to do is make kids tolerate.

I'll give an example that has nothing to do with sex.

In the UK the BBC has a Kids channel or something called CBBC. They had a presenter with one arm.

Guess what the right wing press said:

(Don't click on it, the article has disappeared, but you can see from the newspaper it's the right wing Daily Mail and it says the presenter is scaring kids)

Here's a less right wing newspaper.

"One-armed CBeebies presenter hits back at cruel parents who called her 'scary' by sharing bikini photo"
The reality is, young kids would not be "scared" of this woman. They accept what they see because EVERYTHING is new for them.

This is relevant because kids can accept gay people, they can accept all kinds of things. They can accept transgenderism without even really thinking about it. Some kids do get frightened, Chinese kids even at the age of one may (not all, some) will cry when seeing a foreign face.

However I have no doubt that it wasn't the kids that were scared, it was the parents telling the kids to be scared that was the issue. Tolerance needs to be taught very young.

Jesus was all about tolerance.

That Christian adults are "insulted" by things is hardly surprising. Are you saying that because something isn't in the Bible it's "insulting", do you drive a car, bet cars aren't in the Bible.
Children are taught that Jesus is the Son of God and/or God incarnate. He is adored, worshipped, revered as no other. They say their prayers to him and sing their song to him and depict him in their artwork and crafts. To portray someone who is the example of righteousness, role model, object of devotion to the children, the One who assures them of eternal life, as transgendered sends a message that comes as close to grooming as anything else is grooming. It has zero to do with tolerance.

Children are taught that Jesus is the Son of God and/or God incarnate. He is adored, worshipped, revered as no other. They say their prayers to him and sing their song to him and depict him in their artwork and crafts. To portray someone who is the example of righteousness, role model, object of devotion to the children, the One who assures them of eternal life, as transgendered sends a message that comes as close to grooming as anything else is grooming. It has zero to do with tolerance.

Yes, they are literally told things there is no evidence to back up this information, and yet they BELIEVE it anyway because they accept what they're told. You teach them TOLERANCE and they will most likely be tolerant, you teach them INTOLERANCE and they'll grow up intolerant.

Question is, when Jesus taught TOLERANCE, why loads of Christians teach INTOLERANCE.

If he's supposedly the example of righteousness, why are you then teaching them to be non-righteous? Makes no sense to me.

That you see a transgender person and your first though it "grooming", probably says a lot about how adults taught you when you were a kid. You think that their teachings of intolerance are what amounts to Christianity, and so you pass on intolerance in the name of a tolerant prophet and they will just accept it.

Sure, it has nothing to do with tolerance because you wouldn't want Christian kids growing up to follow the word of Jesus now, would we?

Disclaimer. This is not intended to bash or complain about the LGBTQ community and please do not engage in that on this thread. This is strictly intended to protest policy and attitudes promoted in a way that is dishonest and I believe harmful and that should be unacceptable to everybody.

As if we didn't know that the 'woke' culture is invading religion the same as it has government, media, scientific institutions, entertainment, education, this ad campaign in Iceland is just one volley being shot. And it targets children. Good people need to stand up and complain long and loud at this attempt to completely destroy existing culture and establish something unrecognizable to those embracing traditional values.

View attachment 729575

Soon, Jesus.

It's time.

I know what I meant and so do you and it isn't what you said here. Diversionary tactics won't help your anti-Christian argument. Do have a pleasant evening.

the person being anti - is the o p - which is subliminally the very nature of their 4th century religion of servitude to their own narrow perspective shared by the many of their congregations - made so by the false rendering of the 1st century events they purposely misconstrue for their own personal benefit.

there would have been no reason for the crucifixion if what they claim were the true events their c-bible is based on.

the claims of the o p is no different than through the centuries their same bigotry against all forms of endeavors they insist reflect true liberation theology, self determination they can not tolerate and use any means possible to destroy. the true events of the 1st century.

the person being anti - is the o p - which is subliminally the very nature of their 4th century religion of servitude to their own narrow perspective shared by the many of their congregations - made so by the false rendering of the 1st century events they purposely misconstrue for their own personal benefit.

there would have been no reason for the crucifixion if what they claim were the true events their c-bible is based on.

the claims of the o p is no different than through the centuries their same bigotry against all forms of endeavors they insist reflect true liberation theology, self determination they can not tolerate and use any means possible to destroy. the true events of the 1st century.
If you think allowing grooming kids is necessary in order for there to be "liberation theology" then you don't have a clue what liberation theology is.

If you think allowing grooming kids is necessary in order for there to be "liberation theology" then you don't have a clue what liberation theology is.

liberation theology, self determination is what they died for in the 1st century, why the exemplar was crucified. nothing of which is included in the c-bible of religious servitude to a false messiah they made up.

and through the centuries found a footing in the gov't of this country if not its churches ...

who's grooming who, you are the complaining party about a cartoon - and your solution was ... shoot the messenger, no doubt. christian.

Forum List

Back