Ice cream from China contaminated with coronavirus: report

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Could this also survive on a box being shipped from China?

I did find it odd how quickly the advice about this virus went from "it can survive on surfaces" to "there is no evidence that the virus can survive on surfaces".

From allowing China to avoid mass protests in Hong Kong to clamping down even harder on Taiwan, this entire virus issue has definitely worked to their political and economic benefit.

There isn't alot of personal benefit for people like me criticizing China constantly, thankfully our numbers are growing. Though, I imagine it was a similar hatred for people who criticized Germany in the 1930s. Turns out Churchill was right all along.

Three samples of ice cream from a Chinese company tested positive for COVID-19, and thousands of boxes of the dessert have been confiscated as a result.

The contaminated ice cream caused Tianjin Daqiaodao Food Company to dump 2,089 boxes of the product, although officials believe more than double that amount -- 4,836 boxes -- has been contaminated, Sky News reported.

More than half the total boxes had already been distributed for sale when the positive tests were discovered. Market regulation authorities in other provinces outside Tianjin where the ice cream was sent were notified of the issue, and customers who may have purchased the product are being told to report their health to community officials.

I did find it odd how quickly the advice about this virus went from "it can survive on surfaces" to "there is no evidence that the virus can survive on surfaces".

From allowing China to avoid mass protests in Hong Kong to clamping down even harder on Taiwan, this entire virus issue has definitely worked to their political and economic benefit.

Three samples of ice cream from a Chinese company tested positive for COVID-19, and thousands of boxes of the dessert have been confiscated as a result.

The contaminated ice cream caused Tianjin Daqiaodao Food Company to dump 2,089 boxes of the product, although officials believe more than double that amount -- 4,836 boxes -- has been contaminated, Sky News reported.

More than half the total boxes had already been distributed for sale when the positive tests were discovered. Market regulation authorities in other provinces outside Tianjin where the ice cream was sent were notified of the issue, and customers who may have purchased the product are being told to report their health to community officials.
Who the hell buys Ice Cream from China?

China is a dangerous country to import goods from, they always have been. Lead paint on toys, moldy drywall, inferior products abound and face it they are flat out lying about their coronavirus numbers and now their ice cream is contaminated, what other food products are they sending that is contaminated?

Didn't St Trumpy do away with Chinese made products in America?

Who said that? He put tariffs on Chinese products as he should of. He should have stopped all imports back in January when we realized that the Chinese were lying to us about Covid-19.

There isn't alot of personal benefit for people like me criticizing China constantly, thankfully our numbers are growing. Though, I imagine it was a similar hatred for people who criticized Germany in the 1930s. Turns out Churchill was right all along.

I'm more concerned that we have ice cream made in china than covid on it,,

how bad off does a country have to be to have another one make its ice cream,,

I bought some cookies yesterday and I was curious about why they were so cheap. I looked up the company name as there was NOTHING that said where it was made, only that it was imported to Montreal. So, they are now stopping "Made in _______" and instead making it "Imported by Canada" or in this case, the city name or whatever. That tells us nothing about where the source of the product was.

The company apparently had locations around the world, including many in China. So, I probably have Made in China cookies. I never want to eat from China, yet, they are changing the rules of the game as clearly cititzens want to know these details.

Most of the world, including Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Japan and the United States. It is made there and shipped here. The same is true of chicken, America slaughters them, send them to China and then China processes them and send them back to the US to be consumed.

I bought some cookies yesterday and I was curious about why they were so cheap. I looked up the company name as there was NOTHING that said where it was made, only that it was imported to Montreal. So, they are now stopping "Made in _______" and instead making it "Imported by Canada" or in this case, the city name or whatever. That tells us nothing about where the source of the product was.

The company apparently had locations around the world, including many in China. So, I probably have Made in China cookies. I never want to eat from China, yet, they are changing the rules of the game as clearly cititzens want to know these details.
just more reason to work locally,,

the only way to stop them is to starve them,

Most of the world, including Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Japan and the United States. It is made there and shipped here. The same is true of chicken, America slaughters them, send them to China and then China processes them and send them back to the US to be consumed.

It is made from milk powder, yuck. And chicken from China? That makes no sense. I have been in the meat business for 40 years and never, not once, have I offered chicken from flippin China. Most mornings, when I go to work at 4 in the morning, I get behind a chicken truck. I mean how the hell does that make sense, slaughter them here, a two month trip to China, process them there, a two month trip back. That is beyond stupid. Even pork, which happened a few months ago when we shipped whole hogs to China, LIVE, because we couldn't process them here, still made little sense. The lag time was so long that the processing problem was solved before the processed hogs could be sent back.

Now, I have seen chicken from Canada. Seems kind of nasty, I mean what part of "fresh" is hard to understand. But people do buy it frozen. Yet the time period that frozen chicken remains viable is like ONE MONTH. We ship chicken, pork, and beef to China for them to eat in China. Not to be processed and consumed here.

Can't do that in the US. Country of origin is required.

Customers in China I would think. Not exactly cost effective to ship over oceans, nor is it necessary. Hell you can make ice cream at home. Strange thread.

And you'll never convince me that it is the most efficient and cost effective way to process chicken.

I won’t even buy my dog chews and treats from China. Nothing edible.

Forum List

Back