Ice covers the Sahara Desert for just 4th time in 50 years

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
Looks pretty cool. No pun intended.

oE8RKuWZvAVt5DLLVXdf85-970-80.jpg

Photographer Karim Bouchetata takes in the surreal, icy landscape around him. (Image credit: Karim Bouchetata)

"On Tuesday (Jan. 19), one of the world's driest places awoke to an otherworldly dusting of frost.

In the Sahara Desert of northwestern Algeria, just outside the town of Ain Sefra, sand dunes were streaked with ice crystals as far as the eye could see. Local photographer Karim Bouchetata captured the unusual weather in pictures and videos that have since made headlines around the world.

Tuesday's dusting marks the fourth time in 42 years that Ain Sefra has seen snow, with previous occurrences in 1979, 2016 and 2018.

The Sahara is the largest hot desert in the world, stretching more than 3.3 million square miles (8.6 million square kilometers) across northern Africa between the Atlantic Ocean and the Red Sea..."

Continued - Ice covers the Sahara Desert for just 4th time in 50 years

Photographer Karim Bouchetata takes in the surreal, icy landscape around him. (Image credit: Karim Bouchetata)

"On Tuesday (Jan. 19), one of the world's driest places awoke to an otherworldly dusting of frost.

In the Sahara Desert of northwestern Algeria, just outside the town of Ain Sefra, sand dunes were streaked with ice crystals as far as the eye could see. Local photographer Karim Bouchetata captured the unusual weather in pictures and videos that have since made headlines around the world.

Tuesday's dusting marks the fourth time in 42 years that Ain Sefra has seen snow, with previous occurrences in 1979, 2016 and 2018.

The Sahara is the largest hot desert in the world, stretching more than 3.3 million square miles (8.6 million square kilometers) across northern Africa between the Atlantic Ocean and the Red Sea..."

But, but, but, damn it all, man made climate change......

You don’t think that’s proof of climate change? This is why people like you are laughable

You don’t think that’s proof of climate change? This is why people like you are laughable
It definitely could be. The "man made" is very questionable.

Last edited:

So dumbass, tell us what Earths ideal climate is.
The planet has been through hot and cold spells, and now idiots like you think we should make the planets climate static and impossibly stuck in the current climate we feel today, just because we stupidly built cities in flood prone areas.
How may I ask do you plan to control nature and not allow any deviations on a naturally occurring cycle?

CO2 sometimes hotter, sometimes colder; sometimes floods, sometime wildfires. That's just how it rolls. Right, Science Hating Loon?

Scientists are in agreement that AGW is happening to some extent. That is the consensus. There's not a consensus on just how much it's happening or how much of a threat it is. Views are more varied there. What the left doesn't understand is that not all scientists are running around with their hair on fire thinking we're all going to die in 50 years. I think technology will more than save us from whatever damage we cause through AGW.

Scientists are in agreement that AGW is happening to some extent. That is the consensus. There's not a consensus on just how much it's happening or how much of a threat it is. Views are more varied there. What the left doesn't understand is that not all scientists are running around with their hair on fire thinking we're all going to die in 50 years. I think technology will more than save us from whatever damage we cause through AGW.
I am sure it is. I saw that most estimates for added carbon range from 3-7%.
But there isnt any solid evidence carbon increases temp. Or i havent seen any, anyways.

So dumbass, tell us what Earths ideal climate is.
The planet has been through hot and cold spells, and now idiots like you think we should make the planets climate static and impossibly stuck in the current climate we feel today, just because we stupidly built cities in flood prone areas.
How may I ask do you plan to control nature and not allow any deviations on a naturally occurring cycle?
We 'control' nature all the time. Every dam and levee, every jetty and canal are meant to do just that. We are a society adapted to this instance in time, any changes would be catastrophic to some.

Stop using oil, make Sahara a Desert again.......for the chillrun!!!

But there isnt any solid evidence carbon increases temp. Or i havent seen any, anyways.

Cant watch the videos but i didnt see any evidence in the link. Just them basing their assumptions off of cherry picked data.

Cant watch the videos but i didnt see any evidence in the link. Just them basing their assumptions off of cherry picked data.

I really don't think all of these scientists are wrong about how CO2 works.

I really don't think all of these scientists are wrong about how CO2 works.
I can find some that say different.
So which ones are you going to believe? The ones you want to?
Thats why i ask for actual evidence. Which doesnt exist. Many people, like the chick that wrote your link, ignores thousands, possibly millions of other variables and times of earths history. That doesnt cut it for me.

Hey, I'm unclear on how atmospheric CO2 can heat the deep oceans, can you explain?

Forum List

Back