I Would Sue the School District

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Moms tried to speak out about masks at their local school board meeting and were hounded by board members to try to get them to leave.

I held a public office for 20 years, and one of the big things county lawyers always reminded us about was the Brown Act.

The Brown Act requires that any and all members of a public body conduct their meetings and deliberations within the public's presence. As soon as you had enough members present to hold a quorum, the Brown Act kicked in. Failure to do so is a misdemeanor crime, subject to criminal legal action, as well as civil law suits.

Last edited:
Moms tried to speak out about masks at their local school board meeting and were hounded by board members to try to get them to leave.

I held a public office for 20 years, and one of the big things county lawyers always reminded us about was the Brown Act.

The Brown Act requires that any and all members of a public body conduct their meetings and deliberations within the public's presence. As soon as you had enough members present to hold a quorum, the Brown Act kicked in. Failure to do so is a misdemeanor crime, subject to criminal legal action, as well as civil law suits.

Posters on USMB teach me more than I know about the legal system. PTA is democrat, PTO is republican and there is a difference in structure.

Here's the article. I don't know if this process was in fact legal...somehow I doubt it...but it certainly sends a message that people are fed up with this crap.

I recently read an article about a similar issue, but in this instance the school board left the meeting, and the parents at the meeting followed the established protocols and voted out the entire school board and elected a new one.
Lot of school boards will be gone. People are fed up. It is time to rise up and radiate the cancer of libturdism

Forum List

Back