I work, I pay for me and my son's health insurance - he still doesn't get coverage.

OohPooPahDoo

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
N'Awlins Mid-City
I work full time and pay for myself and my son's health insurance through my employer.

That's not good enough, though. Apparently not only do I need to pay for health care for my son, I've got to hope hard enough that the morons that run health insurance can get their idiotic minds together enough to actually give me what I pay for it.

He was denied coverage for his 6 month vaccinations the other day. Some sort of paperwork glitch that according to CIGNA "happens all the time". No big problem - we just have to pay for everything out of pocket until CIGNA can figure out how to give me the product I paid for. Hope he doesn't get pneumonia or anything like that between now and ? when CIGNA feels like giving me the product I paid for. We've got a few thousand in the bank but nothing to cover a big medical event.

Of course - I should have to worry about not having the money to pay for my son's medical expenses - I have health insurance, that's why I bought it - so that I would have to worry about paying for the big event.

FUCK CIGNA - you guys are ASSHOLES>

You don't want insurance for unforseen emergencies, you want 100% pre-paid medical for any and every contact with anyone in scrubs....Cheapskate.

if he paid for the coverage and cigna fucked up, how does that make him a cheapskate, asshat?

oh that's right, it doesn't

In my 35 year career, I've never had employer coverage of any kind. Not one cent.

But good luck to ya, poopy pants. :thup:

You will survive because you must. And that in itself is a great motivator.

i've always had coverage.

i wouldn't work somewhere that didn't make it part of my compensation, as well as std, ltd, life insurance and a 401k

I work full time and pay for myself and my son's health insurance through my employer.

That's not good enough, though. Apparently not only do I need to pay for health care for my son, I've got to hope hard enough that the morons that run health insurance can get their idiotic minds together enough to actually give me what I pay for it.

He was denied coverage for his 6 month vaccinations the other day. Some sort of paperwork glitch that according to CIGNA "happens all the time". No big problem - we just have to pay for everything out of pocket until CIGNA can figure out how to give me the product I paid for. Hope he doesn't get pneumonia or anything like that between now and ? when CIGNA feels like giving me the product I paid for. We've got a few thousand in the bank but nothing to cover a big medical event.

Of course - I should have to worry about not having the money to pay for my son's medical expenses - I have health insurance, that's why I bought it - so that I would have to worry about paying for the big event.

Agreed. This is why I can't understand why you'd support a law forcing us to deal with these kinds of companies.

You don't want insurance for unforseen emergencies, you want 100% pre-paid medical for any and every contact with anyone in scrubs....Cheapskate.

if he paid for the coverage and cigna fucked up, how does that make him a cheapskate, asshat?

Cry me a river...That's what you get when you shirk your responsibilities off onto someone else.

And it makes him a cheapskate in that he expects insurance -that which should be used for unforeseeable trauma or illness- to be a 100% pre-paid medical plan, that makes you entitled to have practically every contact with someone in a lab coat paid for by someone else....That attitude is to a great extent why our medical system is so fucked up.

In my 35 year career, I've never had employer coverage of any kind. Not one cent.

i wouldn't work somewhere that didn't make it part of my compensation, as well as std, ltd, life insurance and a 401k

You rock. :thup:
I so wish that I had a real job.
But family called and I answered. My mistake. Or was it.
I dunno.
Fuck it.

Agreed. This is why I can't understand why you'd support a law forcing us to deal with these kinds of companies.

This is why I can't understand why Republicans want to do away with the requirement that hospitals give life saving emergency treatment to patients regardless of ability to pay. As it stands now, that law is the only thing that would keep my son alive if he gets into a bad accident or gets deadly sick.

Cry me a river...That's what you get when you shirk your responsibilities off onto someone else.

And it makes him a cheapskate in that he expects insurance -that which should be used for unforeseeable trauma or illness- to be a 100% pre-paid medical plan, that makes you entitled to have practically every contact with someone in a lab coat paid for by someone else....That attitude is to a great extent why our medical system is so fucked up.

you're a fucking idiot. he bought insurance to fit his needs, not yours. he didn't buy it for unforeseen calamities- he bought it to cover the needs of his family.

he paid for a product that covered what he wanted, but because someone fucked up a form, he had to pay out of pocket what the insurance is supposed to cover.

i used to think you couldn't possibly be this stupid, but i was wrong. :lmao:

now go rub one out to ayn rand, fuckwit.

You rock. :thup:
I so wish that I had a real job.
But family called and I answered. My mistake. Or was it.
I dunno.
Fuck it.

hey, whatever works for you.

you gotta answer the family

or not

How did I shirk my responsibilities onto someone else?

I expect my insurance to pay for what they said they were going to pay for when I bought it you moron.

All I want is what I paid for

That is way too much to ask.
Ironic, since you have no problem forcing everyone into a system that makes it so difficult to get what they supposedly pay for.

My heart pumps peanut butter.

All I want is what I paid for

That is way too much to ask.
Ironic, since you have no problem forcing everyone into a system that makes it so difficult to get what they supposedly pay for.

My heart pumps peanut butter.

and your head is up your ass

try one of the other 87 keys, john.

This is why I can't understand why Republicans want to do away with the requirement that hospitals give life saving emergency treatment to patients regardless of ability to pay. As it stands now, that law is the only thing that would keep my son alive if he gets into a bad accident or gets deadly sick.

No, it's not the only thing. Neither is insurance the "only thing". These kinds of narrow-minded assumptions are what create bad policy, where someone decides that the way to fix things is to force their "only thing" on everyone else through government. No thanks.

No, it's not the only thing. Neither is insurance the "only thing". These kinds of narrow-minded assumptions are what create bad policy, where someone decides that the way to fix things is to force their "only thing" on everyone else through government. No thanks.

okay, name some other "things"

okay, name some other "things"

Infinite ways. Seriously, do you really think we'd all just lay down and die if the insurance industry vanished tomorrow?

How did I shirk my responsibilities onto someone else?

I expect my insurance to pay for what they said they were going to pay for when I bought it you moron.
And I pay for schools that don't teach jack shit, urban mass transit scams that I never use, ETOH subsidies that gives me gasoline that ruins my small engines, social welfare programs that have never ever delivered on their promise to ameliorate poverty, and pious apologist jackwads like you tell me "tough shit".

Well, tough shit right back at ya, pal.

New Topics

Forum List

Back