I won't be buying Girl Scout cookies this year

I'm referring to the assholes that complained to the Girl Scouts about congratulating Barrett. You'll need to tell them to put their big boy pants on.

Ok. Show me where these people are so I can go yell at them for hurting your feelings.

There, there. No more tears. I’m going to yell at those mean Girl Scouts for making you upset.

I buy enough for both of us. LOL. Just buy the damn cookies if you want them.

But really...WTF GSA....

I've had a problem with them for quite a while. Scouting should be scouting. Period. If boy scouts are learning to pitch tents, make fire with sticks, identify fauna, fishing, trapping, hunting, etc.... girls should be doing the same thing; not learning "cash management" by selling cookies as it says on the side of the box or whatever.

The girls get the short end of the stick from the cookie sales
After everyone takes their cut, the troop ends up with a pittance given all the work they do selling and distributing

Yea, but it's a good experience. I traveled our neighborhood in Boise along with my daughter when she was 9 or so. She sold over 200 boxes in about 2 hours and got some cool recognition. :)

The girls getting more than 85 cents a box is also a good experience

How many here remember when GSA cookies use to be really good?? Like.... GOOD.
I don't buy them because now they suck. All artificial corn syrup flavored by products. Ugh.... no thanks

They used to be bigger and you got more per box

But really...WTF GSA....

I've had a problem with them for quite a while. Scouting should be scouting. Period. If boy scouts are learning to pitch tents, make fire with sticks, identify fauna, fishing, trapping, hunting, etc.... girls should be doing the same thing; not learning "cash management" by selling cookies as it says on the side of the box or whatever.

After everyone takes their cut, the troop ends up with a pittance given all the work they do selling and distributing

Yea, but it's a good experience. I traveled our neighborhood in Boise along with my daughter when she was 9 or so. She sold over 200 boxes in about 2 hours and got some cool recognition. :)

The girls getting more than 85 cents a box is also a good experience

All of that is great....

Just don't pretend it's scouting.

I don't buy them because now they suck. All artificial corn syrup flavored by products. Ugh.... no thanks

Yeah... I actually laughed the last time I saw them, which was last year. They are a good 20% smaller.

But really...WTF GSA....

After everyone takes their cut, the troop ends up with a pittance given all the work they do selling and distributing (85 cents a box)

It adds up. You ever see the average volume of sales a successful troop can do?

My sons were in Boy Scouts. They sold Trails End Popcorn.
We would sell over $3000 in product and end up with $600-800 for the troop.

We finally went out on our own selling Christmas Wreaths that we bought wholesale and decorated ourselves

We kept 75% of the profit

Well don't buy them you stupid shitforbrains. The idea wasn't to compete with Walmart on the most cookies per dollar the whole idea is to support the Girl Scouts as worthy cause and a way to provide values and guidance to young girls growing up. Just as the Boy Scouts was once for boys growing into men. Real men, not limp wristed faggots like those of the left.

But really...WTF GSA....

After everyone takes their cut, the troop ends up with a pittance given all the work they do selling and distributing (85 cents a box)

We finally went out on our own selling Christmas Wreaths that we bought wholesale and decorated ourselves

And spent more time on labor.

Yet another thing conservatives boycott.

Everything is just so offensive to conservatives.

I think he's a Trump supporter....

View attachment 408763

These are the same people who buy Chinese crap every trip to Wal*Mart (the largest importer of Chinese crap) then come on here and beat their chest about how much they hate China and the Americans who have stuff made over there--like Trump--the Guy they are voting for.

Its no surprise the blobbers are so upset.
Do you do anything but throw out stupid generalities, and act as obtuse as possible in discussions?

But really...WTF GSA....

Excellent. The soccer team my niece was part of had similar figures selling candy and calendars. That wasn't scouting either.

I'll admit that I don't have first hand knowledge of the ins and outs of the Boy Scouts and how they portray the popcorn sales. I imagine it's similar to the GSA...
Yet another thing conservatives boycott.

Everything is just so offensive to conservatives.

I think he's a Trump supporter....

View attachment 408763

These are the same people who buy Chinese crap every trip to Wal*Mart (the largest importer of Chinese crap) then come on here and beat their chest about how much they hate China and the Americans who have stuff made over there--like Trump--the Guy they are voting for.

Its no surprise the blobbers are so upset.
Do you do anything but throw out stupid generalities, and act as obtuse as possible in discussions?
Thanks for proving my point.

Well don't buy them you stupid shitforbrains. The idea wasn't to compete with Walmart on the most cookies per dollar the whole idea is to support the Girl Scouts as worthy cause and a way to provide values and guidance to young girls growing up. Just as the Boy Scouts was once for boys growing into men. Real men, not limp wristed faggots like those of the left.
The idea is to sell a good product at a fair price that helps the Girl Scouts

GSA has sold out and manipulated the girls to push a product that offers less and less to the consumer who buys because they think the are helping those cute little girls

If they knew that only 85 cents goes to the girls and .$4.15 goes to the adults, I am not sure they would buy as much
Better off to just give the girl a buck

This organization is getting too political.

Girl Scouts Post Tweet Congratulating Amy Coney Barrett, Then Delete It After Criticism

I'm less concerned about them becoming too political, and more about the lessons they're teaching girls with this behavior. Conformity? Silencing yourself to please others? Cowardice? Sorry, none of that is building strong women for the future, and it's not a message to girls that I plan to support.

It's silly that they felt it necessary to delete the tweet, but it's also a weird thing to have tweeted it in the first place. You're the Girl Scouts. Why are you congratulating a Supreme Court nominee? :dunno:

Um, because she's a woman who's achieved something significant . . . and girls do grow up to be women, y'know. So she's kind of a role model. Am I ringing any bells here?

It's silly that they felt it necessary to delete the tweet, but it's also a weird thing to have tweeted it in the first place. You're the Girl Scouts. Why are you congratulating a Supreme Court nominee? :dunno:

Um, because she's a woman who's achieved something significant . . . and girls do grow up to be women, y'know. So she's kind of a role model. Am I ringing any bells here?

Was she the first woman on the Supreme Court? Was she the first to achieve something significant? Do the Girl Scouts regularly tweet congratulations to any woman who achieves something significant?

This organization is getting too political.

Girl Scouts Post Tweet Congratulating Amy Coney Barrett, Then Delete It After Criticism

The left not being satisfied with destroying the boy scouts now they gotta go after the girls scouts too. The assholes won't be satisfied until they've destroyed the entire nation, its history, its culture and everyone in it.

The Girl Scouts were siding with the leftists long before the Boy Scouts caved. They've been "progressive" for a while now.

Was she the first woman on the Supreme Court? Was she the first to achieve something significant? Do the Girl Scouts regularly tweet congratulations to any woman who achieves something significant?

Does she HAVE to be the first woman on the Supreme Court, or the first to achieve something significant? Are we only allowed to recognize and congratulate people as role models if they're the very first? No looking up to them if they're later down the list?

And yes, as a matter of fact, they DO regularly tweet congratulations to women who achieve something significant. Presenting girls with adult role models is kinda in their mission statement.

Why can't people just say their piece and move onto the next matter whatever it may be? Anyone who doesn't like what they find can then continue looking for something that does make a positive enough difference in their life.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Does she HAVE to be the first woman on the Supreme Court, or the first to achieve something significant? Are we only allowed to recognize and congratulate people as role models if they're the very first? No looking up to them if they're later down the list?

And yes, as a matter of fact, they DO regularly tweet congratulations to women who achieve something significant. Presenting girls with adult role models is kinda in their mission statement.
What did the Girl Scouts do when O’Connor, Ginsberg, Kagan and Sotomayor were named?

Is Brennan such a big deal?

New Topics

Forum List

Back