I will quote my friend, 5 years out of prison

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
He actually said this on a song I did with him, and it's profound in many ways and he told me he had a lot of down-time in Federal Prison to think about this.

This statement will probably favor well with Right leaning members, and left-leaning members may not like it all that much but I have to say, I 100% agree with it and we should talk about it. It will be fun/interesting.

So, in a song, he was talking about picking himself up and what he said was "Not to have a choice, is a choice."

How's that ring with you?

I think if they sserved their time they can vote.

its a state to state thing

That's not what he was referring to (Voting). He was referring to letting your circumstances get the better of you - - - - as being a choice.

He actually said this on a song I did with him, and it's profound in many ways and he told me he had a lot of down-time in Federal Prison to think about this.

This statement will probably favor well with Right leaning members, and left-leaning members may not like it all that much but I have to say, I 100% agree with it and we should talk about it. It will be fun/interesting.

So, in a song, he was talking about picking himself up and what he said was "Not to have a choice, is a choice."

I like it. It's a corollary to "not to take a choice is a choice', IMO.

Choosing to not have a choice doesn't make sense in my brain.

Maybe too many beers in college are to blame, but someone of greater intellect help me out.

Maybe too many beers in college are to blame, but someone of greater intellect help me out.

It's sort of a metaphor which means: that usually when people settle @ saying "but I didn't have any other choice" - - - - -

it was a choice to settle at that, because there's always another way.

Not if they commited a crime with a gun

So someone CAN be rehabilitated enough to retain their voting privileges but not all the other guarantees afforded citizens? Shall you be the one to determine which rights are granted and which are not? What if his crime was voter fraud? Your inconsistency here smacks more of an anti-gun bias than a logical opinion on felony punishment after time is served.

What federal prison was he in?

It's sort of a metaphor which means: that usually when people settle @ saying "but I didn't have any other choice" - - - - -

it was a choice to settle at that, because there's always another way.

Thanks, yeah that's a great line for deep thinkers lol.

Can i ask what he got in trouble for?

Not if they commited a crime with a gun

So someone CAN be rehabilitated enough to retain their voting privileges but not all the other guarantees afforded citizens? Shall you be the one to determine which rights are granted and which are not? What if his crime was voter fraud? Your inconsistency here smacks more of an anti-gun bias than a logical opinion on felony punishment after time is served.

Its not an inconsistancy.

They have proven a danger to soceity.

they can not kill anyone by voting.

The discussion pertains to politics on this way: Welfare.

I can have these discussions because I was around it, and I've also 2 family members who are EMT/Firemen who have HUNDREDS of stories about these things, and all of the waste out there makes me pretty sad.

Update on GT's life:

My friend Jay got laid off and just threw me a text to tell me. He works for NYS, as an Engineer. He voted "no" to the contract the Governor proposed, and in the contract not passing, the layoffs had to occur.

My issue is that he was just telling me yesterday that, in 12 days, he gets 5 more Vacation days and a few days after that, he gets 5 more sick days. He and everyone he works with are late to work almost every single day with no care or worries. They have more sick and vacation days than anyone, in any job, that I've ever met BEFORE the more that he was about to get.

It's hard for me to see these things and the State going broke and wondering why better management isn't a pretty simple solution.

What federal prison was he in?

He always said "up North" so I'm assuming the Lake George / Adirondack area.

"Not to have a choice, is a choice."

I like it because, to me, it acknowledges the fact that he is in a position where he does not have a choice due to choices he made. He robbed the store, he broke into the house, he sold the drugs, etc. Whatever landed him in jail, unless he's actually innocent, was a choice. So yes, not to have a choice is, or at least was, a choice.

Forum List

Back