I Went Sleep Walking Last Night for the 1st Time Since My Youth.

I had a college roommate that sleepwalked on a fairly regular basis, maybe1-2x a month.

Sometimes he'd leave the apartment and it was the door slamming that woke me. Sometimes he'd put the stereo on and go back to bed. I found him on the balcony a couple of times. Crawled into bed with me once.

First time, though, I didnt know about this and got up to take a leak and there was just someone standing dead still and silent in the living room. About shit myself, hit the light and there he was. Thought he was just wasted and tried to wake him up, nothing, but he shuffled off to his room without a word. When I mentioned it to him the next day he was like "yeah, that happens"

I sleep walk when I am upset and hide pictures...

I don't like to be in pictures. When I was taking journalism classes my freshman year at The Ohio State University, we were doing a discussion and I forget the topic, but I brought up how some cultures don't like pictures because they feel each pictures steals a little bit of their soul. My professor had no idea what I was talking about. It goes to show sometimes professors don't always know everything.

Shit Lew!

I was taught that as a kid and feel the same way about pictures... Believe it or not there a lot like us in life from sleep walking to not liking our picture being taken...

I have lost relationships over the fact I would not allow someone to photo me and they thought it was weird and believed it had to do with dark sinister past, but I just hate having my picture taken...

If you really don't remember what happened in your sleep last night, there is no way of knowing how many times you have done this before and there was just no remarkable evidence. You might do this often.

That's true, this one I just happened to leave evidence, and the other time my dad caught me. I might do it a lot. I should get a camera and put it up by my bed. :laughing0301:

It's not a real funny thing. Some folks have been known to actually go out driving or commit homicide in their sleep.

Sleep walking is on the rise now that more folks take sleep aids (drugs,) I'd mention the particular one, but it would be censored by forum software, read the article, it mentions it.

Roseanne Barr tried to blame her "sleep tweeting" on taking A mbian. Funny thing I actually took part in an A mbian study when I was like 26. It was some weird shit and it made me fall asleep almost instantly.
I have a friend that takes that shit, she does some crazy stuff, gets on her FB and posts on it, and then wakes up the next morning to find surprises . . . scary stuff. You couldn't pay me to take it.

So I woke up this morning and my bathroom light was on and my toilet had the lid up and pee in it. I couldn't remember getting up to pee last night and I live alone. So at some point last night I got up in my sleep and used the bathroom. It is so weird because I only know for sure one other time I went sleep walking and that was when I was a little kid. My dad told me he saw me go out of my bedroom and open a closet door, and he asked me what I was doing. I told him I was going to pee... and he told me it was the closet not the bathroom. He said then I just shut the door and went back to bed. :laughing0301:

Anyone else sleep walk?
Because you went back to bed after being told that you were going for the closet instead of the bathroom, did you end up wetting your bed?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. As far as I am aware, I have never sleep walked, but so far there have been three times where I yelled things out in my sleep. I was loud enough to where I woke myself up. I was asleep on the sofa each time. If I have ever done this while in bed, I haven't been loud enough yet to where I have heard myself.
I went back to bed and didn't remember anything about what happened earlier. I wasn't told anything until I asked about the pans being out the next morning. It was crazy. I've never done that.

Only once i know of when blasted drunk at a buddys cabin years ago. I was dreaming I was taking a piss in the outhouse and woke up to my friend yelling "WTF are you doing? " and realized I was pissing in the corner of the cabin behind the camp stove. Pinched it off and went outside to finish and back to bed. That hangover took two days.

You didn't necessarily walk in your sleep, you just don't remember taking a pee. If you woke up in the garage it would be walking in your sleep.

What's different than just not remembering is that I left the toilet seat up. I NEVER do that. Though I live alone, I always put the seat down so my cat doesn't drink out of it.

So I woke up this morning and my bathroom light was on and my toilet had the lid up and pee in it. I couldn't remember getting up to pee last night and I live alone. So at some point last night I got up in my sleep and used the bathroom. It is so weird because I only know for sure one other time I went sleep walking and that was when I was a little kid. My dad told me he saw me go out of my bedroom and open a closet door, and he asked me what I was doing. I told him I was going to pee... and he told me it was the closet not the bathroom. He said then I just shut the door and went back to bed. :laughing0301:

Anyone else sleep walk?
Sounds familiar, at least what I was told. When I was around 14 my parents watched me walk out to the backyard more than once. They would ask me some questions and then I would go back inside to my bedroom. My answers were unintelligible to them and I never remembered any of it.

Hope you don't sleepwalk like this old guy.

1602459435277.png

I had a college roommate that sleepwalked on a fairly regular basis, maybe1-2x a month.

Sometimes he'd leave the apartment and it was the door slamming that woke me. Sometimes he'd put the stereo on and go back to bed. I found him on the balcony a couple of times. Crawled into bed with me once.

First time, though, I didnt know about this and got up to take a leak and there was just someone standing dead still and silent in the living room. About shit myself, hit the light and there he was. Thought he was just wasted and tried to wake him up, nothing, but he shuffled off to his room without a word. When I mentioned it to him the next day he was like "yeah, that happens"
Were his eyes wide open?

If you really don't remember what happened in your sleep last night, there is no way of knowing how many times you have done this before and there was just no remarkable evidence. You might do this often.

That's true, this one I just happened to leave evidence, and the other time my dad caught me. I might do it a lot. I should get a camera and put it up by my bed. :laughing0301:

It's not a real funny thing. Some folks have been known to actually go out driving or commit homicide in their sleep.

Sleep walking is on the rise now that more folks take sleep aids (drugs,) I'd mention the particular one, but it would be censored by forum software, read the article, it mentions it.

Roseanne Barr tried to blame her "sleep tweeting" on taking A mbian. Funny thing I actually took part in an A mbian study when I was like 26. It was some weird shit and it made me fall asleep almost instantly.
I have a friend that takes that shit, she does some crazy stuff, gets on her FB and posts on it, and then wakes up the next morning to find surprises . . . scary stuff. You couldn't pay me to take it.

Here's a site with a list of animals that sleep with their eyes open. I think the one I had in mind was the penguins. I think they mentioned it in a documentary I watched about Emperor Penguins and how the males sit and protect the eggs.

Were his eyes wide open?

Yep, his eyes were open, but nobody was home. Lol.

Totally weirded me out the first time. I didn't know he did it and I'd never seen it before.

Anyone else sleep walk?
That's not really sleepwalking, it's just taking a leak in the middle of the night without remembering it. You're tired, groggy, and not really up to speed mentally in those situations. I wouldn't worry about it.

If you only walk to the bathroom and take a pee without messing the floor and get back to bed without remembering, consider yourself normal and quit worrying about it.

If you only walk to the bathroom and take a pee without messing the floor and get back to bed without remembering, consider yourself normal and quit worrying about it.

I don't know if that is the only thing that has happened, I just know this time because I left evidence.

You didn't necessarily walk in your sleep, you just don't remember taking a pee. If you woke up in the garage it would be walking in your sleep.
If he wasn't carried to the bathroom by someone else, a walk there and back did take place.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

In a very real sense, most people are walking around most of the time in a state of semi-consciousness. Few people are entirely 'present'. Most are off in their 'dreams', wrapped in a cocoon of illusion, insulated from complete contact with 'now'. The worst are those who not only don't realize this, but are dreaming that they are not asleep.
And they don't like being awakened!

Forum List

Back