I was watching Rachel Maddow last night...

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
... and i noticed that health care reform, which used to be health insurance reform, is now just *health reform*. i don't know why it's morphed into that construct, but every time she mentioned the current bill before congress, she referred to *health reform*.

anyone know why the care part has been eliminated?

just curious

• Banned
Good observation. Interesting, too.

she's an obviously intelligent woman, if often too obviously biased for my taste (not as bad as some on both sides), so i assume there is some reason behind it, but i'm damned if i can figure out what it might be.

When they start off not being able to tell if they are 30 million or 47 million uninsured, it doesn't matter what you call it, it's all pure crap and propaganda.

I've noticed this as well. At one of Barry's health campaign speeches last week he referred to it as health insurance reform. They also use to state they were going to cut waste and fraud in medicare and now they say they are going to cut medicare . . . but they don't attach the waste and fraud part. Master magicians know how to use slight of mouth.

emo_philips_old.jpg

When they start off not being able to tell if they are 30 million or 47 million uninsured, it doesn't matter what you call it, it's all pure crap and propaganda.

I suppose it matters not to you if someone or their child becomes one of the uninsured because of a lost job, or an insurance company determined they were too expensive to insure (because of sickness) and decided they're not worth the cost to insure (kind of like a death panel, don't you think?). 30 million, 47 million, or one child matters not to you Frank, simply because you are a heartless conservative.
We agree on one thing, the entire Republican agenda is pure crap and propaganda. If you had normal intelligence, you might understand how you've been manipulated, and the beliefs you hold benefit the few and not the many.

... and i noticed that health care reform, which used to be health insurance reform, is now just *health reform*. i don't know why it's morphed into that construct, but every time she mentioned the current bill before congress, she referred to *health reform*.

just curious

Simple answer...

Health Reform.gov

just curious

I suggest you send her an e-mail; I also thing it's no big deal.
As an aside, what did you think of the guy running against McCain in the R primary?

Sorry, BFGRN, you post answered the question. btw, it is an interesting link. Why have the R's not posted anything so substantive?

Last edited:

just curious

Simple answer...

Health Reform.gov

thanks. it's always good to know where the propaganda originates from.

I suppose it matters not to you if someone or their child becomes one of the uninsured because of a lost job, or an insurance company determined they were too expensive to insure (because of sickness) and decided they're not worth the cost to insure (kind of like a death panel, don't you think?). 30 million, 47 million, or one child matters not to you Frank, simply because you are a heartless conservative.
We agree on one thing, the entire Republican agenda is pure crap and propaganda. If you had normal intelligence, you might understand how you've been manipulated, and the beliefs you hold benefit the few and not the many.

Ironic...the 'family values' and 'Christian nation' party are the very antithesis of both.

just curious

Simple answer...

Health Reform.gov

thanks. it's always good to know where the propaganda originates from.

could it be that's because there was already a healthcarereform.com?

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back