I was recruited by the thought police

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
The left loons REALLY need to stop with this nonsense

Political correctness on campus has reached the level of crazy, and for using that word I am a bigot

In the liberal ghetto of Ann Arbor, several University of Michigan administrators recently gathered for a passionate brainstorm. The head of student affairs declared he was simply “going to die” if he heard about one more so-called micro-aggression on campus. When a colleague told him he was “acting crazy” for being so sensitive, he was shipped off to a mandatory session for freshmen where he learned about white privilege and determined that he would never say anything potentially controversial again. And with that, the Inclusive Language Campaign was born.

http://www.post-gazette.com/opinion...ed-by-the-thought-police/stories/201503080008

U-M Inclusive Language Campaign

The Inclusive Language Campaign is an educational program designed to raise awareness about the impact of words. It is not a ban, but a campaign to encourage individuals to speak with thought and purpose. We welcome respectful dialogue and diverse opinions on our Facebook page, however we reserve the right to hide or remove abusive, harassing, threatening, profane or off topic language.

U-M Inclusive Language Campaign Facebook

That sounds just awful. (eye roll)

"I was recruited by the thought police"

One fails to see how, given the fact your posts show no evidence of 'thought,' this thread being yet another example.

I take it you're one of those left loons? Why of course you are. Incapable of any response but childish blather

I was recruited by the thought police

Obviously they cast a wide net... :eusa_shifty:

Just tell 'em they have no jurisdiction. They gotta let you go.
rimshot.gif

One fails to see how, given the fact your posts show no evidence of 'thought,' this thread being yet another example.

I take it you're one of those left loons? Why of course you are. Incapable of any response but childish blather
Childish blather wrapped in bullshit legalese.

The Inclusive Language Campaign is an educational program designed to raise awareness about the impact of words. It is not a ban, but a campaign to encourage individuals to speak with thought and purpose. We welcome respectful dialogue and diverse opinions on our Facebook page, however we reserve the right to hide or remove abusive, harassing, threatening, profane or off topic language.

Of course it "doesnt sound Awful" wouldnt want the avg person to reject it out of hand...... micro-aggression key phrase. What ever happened to sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never harm me

Childish blather wrapped in bullshit legalese.

I usually ignore the troll but since re responded directly....I have the carpet muncher on ignore so it's of no consequence. :)

Of course it "doesnt sound Awful" wouldnt want the avg person to reject it out of hand...... micro-aggression key phrase. What ever happened to sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never harm me

Leftists are always butt hurt over something and when they are not they invent something to be butt hurt over

You can say whatever you like, just remember that the First Amendment doesn't protect you from consequences. This is a "right" leaning forum. Even this forum has rules....the CDZ for example. I'm sorry this is a difficult issue for you.

and if its so "right" leaning why do the same leftist threads clog the active topics list for days on end

Leftists are always butt hurt over something and when they are not they invent something to be butt hurt over
She said, after becoming butthurt over an article she read and posting a butthurt OP to vent about how butthurt it made her.

"The left loons REALLY need to stop with this nonsense"

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

There is no evidence that the student organization noted is 'liberal' or endorsed by 'the left,' that's a lie manufactured by the OP.

Moreover, there is no such thing as 'political correctness,' it's a myth contrived by conservatives having nothing to do with 'the left.”

The canard of 'political correctness' was fabricated by the right as a countermeasure to the racism that often manifest among the ranks of conservatives and republicans; it also exhibits the ignorance of the law and Constitution common to most on the right. That private citizens in the context of private society might admonish those who engage in racist speech in no way 'violates' free expression, as only government has the authority to seek to preempt free speech, not private citizens, as the First Amendment applies solely to the relationship between the government and those governed, not between two private persons.

As for the link in the OP:

Suzy Lee Weiss is a first-year student at the University of Michigan, where she writes for the satirical student newspaper, the Every Three Weekly. She lives in Squirrel Hill.”

Suzy Lee obviously intended her opinion piece to be satire, as no thinking person would take this seriously.

Suzy Lee also offers no evidence that this is official policy of the University or 'liberals,' she links only the FB page of a private student organization seeking volunteers, no one is 'compelled' to join the organization or abide by its policies.

Consequently there is no 'though police,' and there is no 'political correctness' – this is nothing more than yet another lie from the right.

Forum List

Back