I was hoping I wouldn't have to see this 'til at least Dec 1...

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
Thanksgiving at the earliest...
It is snowing big fat flakes. Almost blizzard-style conditions, but not whiteout. There's enough to make a footprint, but that's it as of now. Good thing it won't stay for long...we're supposed to warm up one last time next week to about 50, then it is so long temps above 40...
:(

It is snowing big fat flakes. Almost blizzard-style conditions, but not whiteout. There's enough to make a footprint, but that's it as of now. Good thing it won't stay for long...we're supposed to warm up one last time next week to about 50, then it is so long temps above 40...

It's because of global warming.

yep...27 deg and snow in the middle of October is warm.... if someone thinks that is warm, then go out and wash and dry my car outside in shorts and a tshirt, no jacket. And my locks better not freeze.
Fuzzy, you must be close to me. It's been sticking here too! This is at least a month early!

We winter people understand each other. :beer:

I like Winter...for about two weeks around Christmas..then I'm ready for 70s again :teeth:
Geez I really need to move to Arizona then I can hit the mountains for the holidays, have snow and fireplace, then back down the mountain for some sun and warmth...

I can dream:sleepy1:

I like Winter...for about two weeks around Christmas..then I'm ready for 70s again :teeth:
Geez I really need to move to Arizona then I can hit the mountains for the holidays, have snow and fireplace, then back down the mountain for some sun and warmth...

I can dream:sleepy1:

Dreaming is important. I dream of Maine. And Bermuda.

Other things I was hoping I wouldn't have to see until Dec 1st:

Giant fake Santa snowglobe lawn ornaments
Holiday cards
Wrapping paper

This stuff appeared in the stores with the school supplies. I like Christmas, but 4 months of it? Bah humbug!

I hate winter, too. When I lived in New Hampshire I would have to start scraping my windshield in September, and some years it'd be May before I could just get up in the morning and not have to make the extra time to clean off my car. One May, I couldn't even find my car because we had gotten so much snow. I lived in an apartment complex then and I stood there for a couple of minutes trying to remember where I had left my car the night before. I found it, got my broom out of the back seat, and started cleaning off the snow. I had a short handled broom that was made for clearing snow off of cars. I worked at it for about 15 minutes and then just said "fuck it" and I walked to work that day.

I don't miss that at all. After I moved back to Rhode Island the only thing I missed about New Hampshire and Vermont was being able to buy beer on Sundays. I did not miss the winters at all.

My second house had a garage, and that makes a huge difference. My present, and last, house also has a garage. Having a gargage in snow country makes a huge difference in the quality of life.

whoever invented those is laughing at you all the way to the bank... your lawn looks ridiculous, and they've got your money.

I think they're kind of tacky, but my kids love them. They keep begging me for this $150 inflatable snowglobe that is filled with styrofoam "snowflakes." It sucks the "snow" then blows it back out to make it look like it's continually snowing on Frosty & Santa. AND it lights up at night. lol!

I think they're kind of tacky, but my kids love them. They keep begging me for this $150 inflatable snowglobe that is filled with styrofoam "snowflakes." It sucks the "snow" then blows it back out to make it look like it's continually snowing on Frosty & Santa. AND it lights up at night. lol!

The tacky stuff I used to do for Halloween when my kid was little just amazes me today. I have a whole box of crap I used to put out at Halloween. The full sized skeleton. I have a black cat lamp that has an orange light bulb in it. My old house had a two car garage that was under the level of the street, so I had this stone retaining wall that was right next to the walkway leading up to the front door. Every year I'd buy a bunch of pumpkins and we'd carve them out and put them on the wall with candles in them. It looked really cool, but what a mess.

Only a kid likes sticking their hands in pumpkin guts.

The tacky stuff I used to do for Halloween when my kid was little just amazes me today. I have a whole box of crap I used to put out at Halloween. The full sized skeleton. I have a black cat lamp that has an orange light bulb in it. My old house had a two car garage that was under the level of the street, so I had this stone retaining wall that was right next to the walkway leading up to the front door. Every year I'd buy a bunch of pumpkins and we'd carve them out and put them on the wall with candles in them. It looked really cool, but what a mess.

Only a kid likes sticking their hands in pumpkin guts.
i use the gloves i use for cleaning the tub/toilet because i hate the feeling of the guts...just too nasty for me, plus cleaning it out of your fingernails is bad, and the smell lasts too long no matter how many times i wash my hands...

buy it and put it in the backyard, so at least you won't feel stupid with it in the front yard.

there's one at sam's club that's a mini carousel inside with Christmas characters riding reindeer (i think) and they actually go around like a real carousel...

i prefer the standard lights and lighted-wire displays. classic and if done tastefully, they can be really pretty.

My wife misses the white stuff. She is a canadian, I met her in the NW, and we came to the central coast for family (mine that is) reasons. I too miss the weather, because, there is no weather, oh wait, it did chill to 65 today.

Enjoy it, embrace it. Weather is like life, it always brings new things, hopefully more good than bad. My first year in undergrad in the NW I HATED the cold, swore I would never go back (walla walla). I did. Met my wife, well soon to be heehe, and she showed my all of the mountains, outdoors, kayaking that I never saw down here. In fact when to post grad school in salem just for her. Thought I was going to stay, but, well, family. I have a handicap brother and well, he is one of two for my mom. That being, the NW and Canada and all its seasons, should never be discounted. The cold crisp air is like a wonderful awakening. There is no freshness like it.

Yurt.

Forum List

Back