"I was a communist for the FBI"

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
It was a 50's movie about communist paranoia. Or so I thought. I just watched what I thought was going to be a campy old title flick, seemed it would rather funny. Now? Not so much, it seems rather prophetic. Reminds me of the Casandra syndrome...

e52aa7be181ee52888064efea6354c88.png

This film was made in 1951 (?) or there about. And I remember the bad old' days of McCarthyism, so I thought it might be funny or even taken as 50's political kitsch. But I was surprised. This film well done & acted...and the part where the communist agents agitate and cause civil unrest and race riots? Sound familiar? This movie reminded me of another 50's film (with a equally bad title) that was an allegory about communism... "Invasion of the body snatchers". Just can't judge book by its cover.

And I remember the bad old' days of McCarthyism, so I thought it might be funny or even taken as 50's political kitsch
I can't live in a whore's district any more than the Nazis of WWII could, and I don't know that the “workers” of any legitimate occupation were necessarily responsible for the arbitrary and capricious red-light district criminal charges continually brought on in a court of law by a predominantly Jewish “community” of government and civil service, not to mention the routine mayhem of circumcision inflicted on non-Jewish boys and girls as well as Jewish infants.

Forum List

Back