Zone1 I was a Catholic for 50 years but left six years ago, here's why

Adam and Eve were created not to know any bad.
Then God said, “Let us make life in our image, in our likeness, the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky the livestock and all the wild animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground.”

- somewhere 47 took a wrong turn, must have believed the liar moses - never too late to find the true path.

Our image= the abilty to love and reason.

image is the physiology when physical and presumably the translucent spirit - likeness is temperament ... jesus taught all beings are created equally.

- their ability to both love and hate. and reason.

RCC Catechism Bible
Jesus is not enough to purify sins
"All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven." (Pg. 291, #1030)
Jesus purifies from ALL sin

Jesus is Enough and His one-time sacrifice alone saves us to an eternity with God. Jesus nailed our sins to the cross. He took care of business and left none of it undone.

...the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. -1 John 1:7

[Jesus] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross. -Colossians 2:14

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. - Hebrews 10:14

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins. - Colossians 1:14

Jesus said that His crucifixion completes the payment for sin. He hung suspended between the earth and heaven for six hours taking the brutal payment for your wickedness and mine. After He had taken on the sins of this whole wicked world, He said these words just before He died,

"It is finished."
John 19:30

Everytime a person says, "I gotta go to purgatory to pay for the rest," he calls Jesus a liar. Out of a love that cannot be comprehended, Jesus died for every sin, past, present and future. All we have to do is believe on Him. He said,

This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. -John 6:29

You cannot pay for your crimes (sins) against God for they are eternal in nature. THAT is why Jesus came. The Everlasting God shed His blood which eternally blots out your transgressions if you'll believe on Jesus Christ. If you think you have anything to offer God outside of believing on Jesus, read on about yourself:

But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away. - Isaiah 64:6

To say, "We must purify ourselves" negates the work that Jesus did and puts our salvation in your own hands. You'll NEVER make it in on your own. Turn while there is time. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.
Purgatory is an intermediate to heaven
"The Church gives the name Purgatory to this final purification of the elect.." (Pg. 291, #1031)

"The Church formulated her doctrine of faith on Purgatory especially at the Councils of Florence and Trent." (Pg. 291, #1031)
Heaven or hell

(a) Nowhere in Scripture does it say one will have to undergo "purification" after death. There is no detour to heaven.

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement." -Heb. 9:27

No amount of purification is necessary in a fictitious place called purgatory. When one accepts Jesus Christ as his Lord and Saviour, he gets the "free gift" of Salvation, and is immediately justified. Justified means to "declare free from blame." If you are a born again believer, your justification is by the BLOOD (not a limited time in purgatory). There is no punishment for sin in the afterlife.

"Much more then, BEING NOW JUSTIFIED BY HIS BLOOD, we shall be saved from the wrath through him." -Rom. 5:9

"...by the righteousness of one [Jesus] THE FREE GIFT came upon all men unto JUSTIFICATION of life." -Rom. 5:18

"Being JUSTIFIED FREELY by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:" -Rom. 3:24

"And such were some of you: but ye are WASHED, but ye are SANCTIFIED, but ye are JUSTIFIED in the name of the Lord Jesus.." -Cor. 6:11

(b) To insist that one must go through purification after death before one can get to heaven, is to say the sacrifice of Christ on the cross was insufficient. This would wipe out many passages in the New Testament which tells us of our stand before God now, and after death. God says if you believe on Him, you will not come into condemnation:

"...He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, HATH EVERLASTING LIFE, and SHALL NOT COME INTO CONDEMNATION; but is passed from death to life." -John 5:24

For a born again believer, to die is to gain and to be present with the Lord, not a limited time in purgatory:

"For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain." -Phil. 1:21

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." -2 Cor. 5

(c) Should you worry about a place called "purgatory?" Can it be found in the Bible? No. The Church itself ADMITS that it is their own invention. The Council of Trent took place in 1545 and approved this superstitious belief along with many others. The decrees were made by the council of MEN, not the God of the Bible. And those who would refuse to believe the decrees of Rome were under the threat of "anathema," and the curse has not yet been lifted to this day while they cry for unity with Bible believing Christians.
Some people are being purified in purgatory right now
"But at the present time some of his disciples are pilgrims on earth. Others have died and are being purified, while still others are in glory..." (Pg. 270, #954)
The dead are either in heaven or hell

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. - John 3:36

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal. -Matthew 25:46

Is the wrath of God abiding on you today? Which will you choose? The real Jesus or the false christ of Romanism?

RCC Catechism Bible
Jesus is not enough to purify sins
"All who die in God's grace and friendship, but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven." (Pg. 291, #1030)
Jesus purifies from ALL sin

Jesus is Enough and His one-time sacrifice alone saves us to an eternity with God. Jesus nailed our sins to the cross. He took care of business and left none of it undone.

Jesus could save everyone this second if He chose to. But that is NOT how things are... God gives us free will. And once we accept Christ, we are on a road to Heaven, but we have NOT arrived there just by accpeting Christ. And what does that even mean anyway? Ifj it doesn't mean that you are doing or attempting to do all that Jesus said to do (no small feat), then you are not on the Narrow Way He spoke of.

The reason it is heresy to say "Jesus did it all.. I don't have to do anything" (lie) is that, while Jesus is perfect and His Way is perfect

WE are not

That is quite obvious, isn't it?

Do I need to elaborate any further?

YOU are the problem, not Jesus
I am the problem, not Jesus

WE have to "work out [our] salvation with fear and trembling" as per Phil 2:12

WORK

that 4 letter word...

It is because we are SO fallen that we have to work and stay vigilant. The devil is against you until you die. ..etc

Jesus could save everyone this second if He chose to. But that is NOT how things are... God gives us free will. And once we accept Christ, we are on a road to Heaven, but we have NOT arrived there just by accpeting Christ. And what does that even mean anyway? Ifj it doesn't mean that you are doing or attempting to do all that Jesus said to do (no small feat), then you are not on the Narrow Way He spoke of.

The reason it is heresy to say "Jesus did it all.. I don't have to do anything" (lie) is that, while Jesus is perfect and His Way is perfect

WE are not

WORK

that 4 letter word...

It is because we are SO fallen that we have to work and stay vigilant. The devil is against you until you die. ..etc
Few even know what Jesus teaches. Here is a super important one that every true follower knows by heart already-Matt 6:33-Keep on seeking- FIRST -the kingdom and his (YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these things will be added( sustenance, covering, spirituality)--unfortunetly the blind guides tell all to seek Jesus' righteousness first, because they do not know Jesus and what he teaches. Probably why Jesus teaches-FEW will find the road that leads off into life. Best listen to Jesus. He is the way.

Or you could argue God didn't make a mistake and that man was always intended to have knowledge of good an evil.

But man does choose to have knowledge of evil.

I guess what I am arguing is that it is a human condition from the very beginning.

And I am asking you how exactly will God's kingdom cure man choosing to have knowledge of evil when it is man's knowledge of evil that drives man's desire for good?

It's a key Q Ding....

Perhaps intertwined in the metaphor of Genesis

~S~

It's a key Q Ding....

Perhaps intertwined in the metaphor of Genesis

~S~
Reason and experience tell me that God brings about order from chaos. It would seem to me that that can only occur if man has knowledge of both.

Reason and experience tell me that God brings about order from chaos. It would seem to me that that can only occur if man has knowledge of both.
well some might see knowledge as turning order into chaos Ding......~S~

For good reason too. You should read the 4th Turning. Great book.
I would love nothing better than time reading by the woodstove Ding......perhaps when i finally retire?

That said, a synopsis is available>

At first sniff, Strauss seems to be talking social norms evolving. THis along makes the read attractive.

But we're in a religious thread, so i gotta ask, has or does mankind's spirit evolved?

And is knowledge of evil a contributing or detrimental factor?

~S~

I would love nothing better than time reading by the woodstove Ding......perhaps when i finally retire?

That said, a synopsis is available>

At first sniff, Strauss seems to be talking social norms evolving. THis along makes the read attractive.

But we're in a religious thread, so i gotta ask, has or does mankind's spirit evolved?

And is knowledge of evil a contributing or detrimental factor?

~S~
You have to read between the lines. Great book though. Really helped shape my worldview. There's a cycle.

WE are not

WORK

that 4 letter word...

Work OUT not FOR.

Forum List

Back