CDZ I want to present this in this forum hopefully to get some real dialogue

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did have a chance to listen to Limbaugh today and I can sense that TrumpO has backed Mr Limbaugh into a corner.
He absolutely has. Now Rush, knowing that his dittoheads will not tolerate dissent, has to find a way to go along with everything Trump does. Or, as he's dealing with the severity of the quarantines that Trump is supporting, just nibble around the edges, making veiled complaints.

Here's the incredibly ironic thing: More than anyone else, Limbaugh made Trump. Rush got the ball rolling on this separate, alternate universe 30 years ago, and it has fully come to fruition. There's no way he could have anticipated or dreamed of this when he started out.

He created this monster, now he has to live with it. Or else.

Last edited:
As you say, it really is about intellectual honesty.

These people, hardcore Left and hardcore Right, all follow the same approach. Particularly in the media, and particularly those who appear to think they're in the media:
  1. Begin with a simplistic, shallow, one-sided, highly partisan premise
  2. Highlight, focus on, and expand all information, data and news that supports your premise
  3. Avoid, ignore, diminish, dismiss and/or distort all information that is contrary to your premise
  4. Jump to dishonest conclusions, make assumptions, and belch out simplistic extrapolations based on the above purposely twisted reality
  5. When challenged, defend yourself by saying "everything I said was true" - which purposely overlooks all the information and facts you have avoided, distorted and ignored.
That is intellectual dishonesty in its purest form: Purposely mixing fact and fiction to push an ideological "point". And they do it so often that it appears to come naturally to them.

It can be Limbaugh, it can be Maddow, it can be any of their peers or any of their fans. These people are a malignancy on this country, and they're winning.
Bingo!
There were 2 well thought out responses and a bunch of reactions- this is the best response.
I'd hoped that putting this in the CDZ would encourage intellectual honesty and meaningful dialogue- what was rendered, so far, is the usual suspects exhibiting their usual "look at me, I'm cuter and smarter than anyone" bunk, which may be intellectually honest, but at the same time is really shallow, which is yet another thread for a later date.

BTW, to the poster who said if I didn't like it, don't listen- I haven't listened for probably 12 or 13 years- because of what I opened the thread with.

I don't easily abide monologues-

I want to talk about intellectual honesty. I posted this in another thread

I'm using that article as an example because I use the term intellectual honesty a lot- Rush, is a great example as well as our own beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic- I've said for years Rush is very intelligent, but he is hyper-partisan. I've told our very own, beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic, the same thing- I give them their just due for their intelligence, (and I'll add now, their tenacity as there is a lot to be said for that trait) but I can't abide their hyper-partisan intellect. Both are intelligent enough to know better and the evidence is overwhelming that there is very little difference in the Party elite outside their rhetoric, which is used as a tool to keep citizens divided. Any half wit can see there is no difference. Hitting a brick wall at 100 or at 90 still is hitting a brick wall. The only (maybe) difference is the rate of descent to the same destination- and that rate of descent is accelerating almost daily.

In the article it says what it says- I'm not going to give away the punch line- you have to read it and make your own determination.
Can you post conspiracy crap from the nation's leading dispenser of conspiracy crap in this zone?

Can you read the thread and answer the topic or go back to your hole ?
The topic is conspiracy theory nonsense. Doesn't belong in this zone.

The temptation for libs in hospitals to count deaths as Convid-19, to undermine the President is real.

Denying that, is not credible.

It can be Limbaugh, it can be Maddow, it can be any of their peers or any of their fans.

Now we must find out whether you wish to pursue whether Maddow or Limbaugh have been intellectually honest with regard to the truth about the viral infection that has shut down the nonessential economy and is killing thousands of Americans and had ended eleven years of solid economic growth.

The leader of the Limbaugh side about one week ago had switched completely from the Limbaugh reality to the Maddow reality.

That tells me Maddow has been intellectually honest from the start of this crisis and Limbaugh was wrong and still is, with the new ploy that you posted.

Do you agree?

You owe us an intellectually honest answer.

I didn't start this thread to talk about Rush. But this brought something to mind.
I used to listen to him all the time- and Mike Church and Andrew Wilkow. I never did like Hannity. Bill Oreilly's message board was the first one I ever joined- but, back to Rush. I don't think he created a monster so much as he filled a void in peoples lives. He exploited an arena after he discovered there was a fortune to be made. He got lucky. He just wanted to be in radio, instead he made radio, in the AM arena. Capitalism at it's finest.
Individual effort paid off in spades, as it is wont to do.

He was inspirational to a lot of people, he gave them hope that finally there was someone who was nationally speaking for them who garnered the MSM attention which was good in their eyes. Ironically the 'devotion' people had for his ideology was what made me really start thinking. I heard many a caller ask him and the others; "what can we do". His reply was almost the same as the others; keep doing what you're doing, which was not much of an answer, IMO. It dawned on me one day the wrong question was being asked, and the rest, as they say is history. The question, IMO should have been answered with another question. "What can *I* do?"

But, like I said I didn't start this to talk about Rush, or me for that matter. It's an 'individual effort' to get people to think for themselves by addressing a critical thinking lack of awareness in a lot of people. I'm sure this will create some more of the nonsense already displayed by the shallow minded, which as I've said, shows, 1), uninformed, or, (2), misinformed, or, (3) shallow minded, or, (4), intellectually dishonest. You would think that people on a political message board would bristle at the thought they are one of the first three so that leaves one. Intellectual dishonesty.

Do you agree?
I suppose you could say she's intellectually honest in that regard- but, over all she too is hyper-partisan, so her score is still lingering near the bottom of the pile and doesn't smell any prettier than anyone else's.
The media is hyper-partisan. Period. They are on their own side. That their side happens to have a bully pulpit is meaningless when ALL the facts are taken into account. They (MSM) hate Trump (and most Republicans) elected and unelected. They play to an audience of sadly uninformed who believe they're being informed, which they are, but not *fully informed* since that requires ALL information to be considered which requires individual effort beyond sound bites created to dumb down the populace.

But we have seen reports that the counts coming out of Italy are greatly exaggerated.
Cwayne posted a video in another thread that showed CBS, in NY, using an Italian hospital as one in NY- and, there were 5, (IMS) hospitals videod by citizens that showed no lines, no one in the lobby's, etc. at hospitals the news was claiming were being swamped. One was in Ky and one was in Hawaaii, the rest in NY- I asked our beloved PoliticalChic, since she's in NY if she had been out. She hasn't responded.

It can be Limbaugh, it can be Maddow, it can be any of their peers or any of their fans.

Now we must find out whether you wish to pursue whether Maddow or Limbaugh have been intellectually honest with regard to the truth about the viral infection that has shut down the nonessential economy and is killing thousands of Americans and had ended eleven years of solid economic growth.

The leader of the Limbaugh side about one week ago had switched completely from the Limbaugh reality to the Maddow reality.

That tells me Maddow has been intellectually honest from the start of this crisis and Limbaugh was wrong and still is, with the new ploy that you posted.

Do you agree?

You owe us an intellectually honest answer.
If your characterizations are accurate, yes, of course.

I didn't start this thread to talk about Rush. But this brought something to mind.
I used to listen to him all the time- and Mike Church and Andrew Wilkow. I never did like Hannity. Bill Oreilly's message board was the first one I ever joined- but, back to Rush. I don't think he created a monster so much as he filled a void in peoples lives. He exploited an arena after he discovered there was a fortune to be made. He got lucky. He just wanted to be in radio, instead he made radio, in the AM arena. Capitalism at it's finest.
Individual effort paid off in spades, as it is wont to do.

He was inspirational to a lot of people, he gave them hope that finally there was someone who was nationally speaking for them who garnered the MSM attention which was good in their eyes. Ironically the 'devotion' people had for his ideology was what made me really start thinking. I heard many a caller ask him and the others; "what can we do". His reply was almost the same as the others; keep doing what you're doing, which was not much of an answer, IMO. It dawned on me one day the wrong question was being asked, and the rest, as they say is history. The question, IMO should have been answered with another question. "What can *I* do?"

But, like I said I didn't start this to talk about Rush, or me for that matter. It's an 'individual effort' to get people to think for themselves by addressing a critical thinking lack of awareness in a lot of people. I'm sure this will create some more of the nonsense already displayed by the shallow minded, which as I've said, shows, 1), uninformed, or, (2), misinformed, or, (3) shallow minded, or, (4), intellectually dishonest. You would think that people on a political message board would bristle at the thought they are one of the first three so that leaves one. Intellectual dishonesty.
Well, for whatever reason, this has always fascinated me.

I've done a lot of reading on the subconscious and on the psychology of partisanship, and they certainly overlap in several ways. To boil it down, the subconscious is a terribly powerful thing, and can literally distort both our perceptions and our thought processes (how the mind gets to that point is a much longer story). Therefore, a person who has completely bought into a hardcore partisan ideology (and there are obviously several examples on this board), may actually believe the things they say -- regardless of how absurd or seemingly dishonest they appear to a clearer-thinking individual.

And that's the problem. They may not be lying, they really believe it, and that would explain their insistence, their passion. How does one deal with that? How does one deal with a hardcore partisan ideologue, or a wild-eyed jihadi on the streets of Damascus? I surely don't know. But looking into the face of either, you know you're not going to have a productive conversation.

So, is it intellectual dishonesty, a distortion of thought processes, or both? I wonder about that a lot.

Last edited:
I don't easily abide monologues-

I want to talk about intellectual honesty. I posted this in another thread

I'm using that article as an example because I use the term intellectual honesty a lot- Rush, is a great example as well as our own beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic- I've said for years Rush is very intelligent, but he is hyper-partisan. I've told our very own, beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic, the same thing- I give them their just due for their intelligence, (and I'll add now, their tenacity as there is a lot to be said for that trait) but I can't abide their hyper-partisan intellect. Both are intelligent enough to know better and the evidence is overwhelming that there is very little difference in the Party elite outside their rhetoric, which is used as a tool to keep citizens divided. Any half wit can see there is no difference. Hitting a brick wall at 100 or at 90 still is hitting a brick wall. The only (maybe) difference is the rate of descent to the same destination- and that rate of descent is accelerating almost daily.

In the article it says what it says- I'm not going to give away the punch line- you have to read it and make your own determination.

You'll give them credit for their "intelligence"????? Anyone who believes the hyper-partisan bullshit is "intelligent". They're dummer than a sack of hammer or they are trying to con the general public. Either way they get no credit for pushing false and misleading narratives.

Rush Limbaugh is a conman for personal gain. He sells his listener lists to purveyors of fake cures and coloured water that passes for "miracle cures", and his faithful drink this crap down.

So, is it intellectual dishonesty, a distortion of thought processes, or both? I wonder about that a lot.
Good question. That, I suppose, is why I prefaced my comments about Rush and PoliticalChic with how intelligent they are. And they are, which, to me, means they are intellectually dishonest because, as I stated; even a half wit knows that hitting a brick wall at 90 is no better than hitting a brick wall at 100- that said, I've read, and I have no way to disprove, that perception is reality. But, at some point the intelligent person will recognize there is a distortion and (hopefully) work to correct it. I'd liken it to growing up. Everyone ages, not many actually mature, which is kinda funny in a sad sort of way since knowledge does evolve. That poses a situation that provides opportunity to pass on knowledge in an effective way, good, bad, or, indifferent. And, once again points out; Individual effort can create the Greater Good naturally- the group has it's perceptions formed for them, by an Individual, and for some reason can't believe they're just as capable at perception as anyone else. That's the mystery to me.

You'll give them credit for their "intelligence"????? Anyone who believes the hyper-partisan bullshit is "intelligent". They're dummer than a sack of hammer or they are trying to con the general public. Either way they get no credit for pushing false and misleading narratives.

Rush Limbaugh is a conman for personal gain. He sells his listener lists to purveyors of fake cures and coloured water that passes for "miracle cures", and his faithful drink this crap down.
So, you're rebuttal is what? Either of them, as near as I can tell from your posts, have likely forgotten more than you're capable of knowing- ALL you have, at this point, is hate- and that, my dear lady, is stupid, which is working full time in your extremely narrow and shallow mind-

Good question. That, I suppose, is why I prefaced my comments about Rush and PoliticalChic with how intelligent they are. And they are, which, to me, means they are intellectually dishonest because, as I stated; even a half wit knows that hitting a brick wall at 90 is no better than hitting a brick wall at 100- that said, I've read, and I have no way to disprove, that perception is reality. But, at some point the intelligent person will recognize there is a distortion and (hopefully) work to correct it. I'd liken it to growing up. Everyone ages, not many actually mature, which is kinda funny in a sad sort of way since knowledge does evolve. That poses a situation that provides opportunity to pass on knowledge in an effective way, good, bad, or, indifferent. And, once again points out; Individual effort can create the Greater Good naturally- the group has it's perceptions formed for them, by an Individual, and for some reason can't believe they're just as capable at perception as anyone else. That's the mystery to me.
YES. I've always believed that being infected with a partisan ideology is NOT a function of low intelligence, and in fact, intellect only makes it more noxious, more toxic. It can happen to a perfectly intelligent individual, and off they go.

It's like an affliction, a virus. Like a mental herpes.

YES. I've always believed that being infected with a partisan ideology is NOT a function of low intelligence, and in fact, intellect only makes it more noxious, more toxic. It can happen to a perfectly intelligent individual, and off they go.

It's like an affliction, a virus. Like a mental herpes.
Not always, no, but the low intelligence group (not necessarily individuals) will follow the lead of the seemingly intelligent who will exploit the opportunity. Especially politically. They, and the media, play to the lowest common denominator- the media has no excuse since their job is to inform. I guess there's no *fully* in their contract. Rush was just in the right place at the right time saying what people wanted to hear which was, in many cases, diametrically opposite that of the MSM's so called well educated which does not = intelligent, but is believed to because the believed to be intelligent media (and political types) hype college as some sort of savior and the lowest common denominators make celebrities of them.

Rush no doubt believed, in his early days, he was absolutely correct. And to an extent he was. But, as his knowledge evolved, he failed to take into account that everyone else's knowledge was evolving as well. Or, he knew better but realized what side buttered his bread. Now, from reading the article, it would seem he's acknowledging an 'awakening' of some sort.

1586013036874.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

But don't clutter the thread with your crap.
Some just can't help themselves- kind of like little kids who haven't been taught about boundaries.
People like him are part of the point I was making- they have no substance, no intellect to be honest with. All they have are comments to draw attention to "look at me I'm so cute and clever and really smart"-

#51 reply to Post # 1 re: “half wits”

Both are intelligent enough to know better and the evidence is overwhelming that there is very little difference in the Party elite outside their rhetoric, which is used as a tool to keep citizens divided. Any half wit can see there is no difference.

I see a major difference among (Party elite ?) primarily based on use and presentation of facts. Does that mean you consider me to be less than a half wit for disagreeing with your allegedly evidence based opinion.

#52 reply to Post from another thread re; C19 is just the flu.

It's just a strain of flu- that it's allegedly man made and came from one source is immaterial. It's still just the flu.
WTF is there such panic/hysteria? It makes absolutely no sense. SMH- sheeple.

Do you still hold that opinion “It's still just the flu.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back