Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
I don't easily abide monologues-

I want to talk about intellectual honesty. I posted this in another thread

I'm using that article as an example because I use the term intellectual honesty a lot- Rush, is a great example as well as our own beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic- I've said for years Rush is very intelligent, but he is hyper-partisan. I've told our very own, beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic, the same thing- I give them their just due for their intelligence, (and I'll add now, their tenacity as there is a lot to be said for that trait) but I can't abide their hyper-partisan intellect. Both are intelligent enough to know better and the evidence is overwhelming that there is very little difference in the Party elite outside their rhetoric, which is used as a tool to keep citizens divided. Any half wit can see there is no difference. Hitting a brick wall at 100 or at 90 still is hitting a brick wall. The only (maybe) difference is the rate of descent to the same destination- and that rate of descent is accelerating almost daily.

In the article it says what it says- I'm not going to give away the punch line- you have to read it and make your own determination.

I'm using that article as an example because I use the term intellectual honesty a lot- Rush, is a great example as well as our own beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic- I've said for years Rush is very intelligent, but he is hyper-partisan. I've told our very own, beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic, the same thing- I give them their just due for their intelligence, (and I'll add now, their tenacity as there is a lot to be said for that trait) but I can't abide their hyper-partisan intellect. Both are intelligent enough to know better and the evidence is overwhelming that there is very little difference in the Party elite outside their rhetoric, which is used as a tool to keep citizens divided. Any half wit can see there is no difference. Hitting a brick wall at 100 or at 90 still is hitting a brick wall. The only (maybe) difference is the rate of descent to the same destination- and that rate of descent is accelerating almost daily.

In the article it says what it says- I'm not going to give away the punch line- you have to read it and make your own determination.
For one thing, Rush isn't so much hyper-partisan as much as simply honest how wrong the Left really are. And he is right, the evidence supports the fact that this has been deliberately blown out of proportion by not only how many good things we have gotten wrong, but the number of wrong and ineffective things they have mandated! There is no doubt now that they want this pandemic to appear as bad and as large as they can. Mark my words that when this is over, there will be an effort to keep some of the controls and powers they have seized over finance, manufacturing, even public gathering. Congratulations folks, you've just seen some of your liberties forever taken away from you under the guise of being "for your own protection."

Whether deaths are being inflated is a valid question, but I find it as interesting that media (FOX included) are not reporting the number of recoveries for comparison, nor reporting the increasing success with Hydroxychloroquine.

They seem to be sticking with "If it bleeds, it leads".

Solution, don't listen if it upsets you. My pet peeve are so-called self declared 'objective journalists' that float their political opinions as fact. Cnn, NBC, CBS, NPR, and many others do this. Moreover, the traditional broadcast media is, and has had, the largest demographic in the U.S. When you listen to Rush, at least you know what you are getting.

Whether deaths are being inflated is a valid question, but I find it as interesting that media (FOX included) are not reporting the number of recoveries for comparison, nor reporting the increasing success with Hydroxychloroquine.

Good point and, they also tend to focus on the 1.8% death rate instead of the over 98% chance you may never get this virus.

Good point and, they also tend to focus on the 1.8% death rate instead of the over 98% chance you may never get this virus.

So only 0.2% chance at most of getting it and not dying from it. Interesting! :102:

You are giving due to unworthy people.

You are giving due to unworthy people.
It's not up to you to determine who is 'unworthy' that is almost Nazi like thinking.

If a person has Cancer and eventually dies from a cold, we don't say the person died of a cold.
sure we do....

if a person has cancer, and they are hit by a car and killed, we do not say they died of cancer....

if a person has cancer, and they died of pneumonia, the cause of death is pneumonia....

COVID is a viral pneumonia in those who get sick, is my understanding.... all deaths are from this viral Pneumonia, regardless of their underlying conditions..... or no underlying conditions.... pneumonia is what kills them..... I had heard????

Last edited:
If a person has Cancer and eventually dies from a cold, we don't say the person died of a cold.
sure we do....

if a person has cancer, and they are hit by a car and killed, we do not say they died of cancer....

if a person has cancer, and they died of pneumonia, the cause of death is pneumonia....

COVID is a viral pneumonia in those who get sick, is my understanding.... all deaths are from this viral Pneumonia, regardless of their underlying conditions..... or no underlying conditions.... pneumonia is what kills them..... I had heard????

Your 'hit by a car' analogy is insane in the first place. How do you know that a person with end stage cancer was not negatively affected to such a degree it caused them to have an accident? 'Cause of death' is something a coroner determines but that doesn't mean pneumonia is the sole cause. If it were not for depressed immune system, the pneumonia could likely have been cured. I myself had pneumonia and was cured. You are picking at straws to somehow argue which is what you usually do.

You mean
6559335-L.jpg

?:eek:

As if Al Franken had any room to talk.

sure we do....

Your 'hit by a car' analogy is insane in the first place. How do you know that a person with end stage cancer was not negatively affected to such a degree it caused them to have an accident? 'Cause of death' is something a coroner determines but that doesn't mean pneumonia is the sole cause. If it were not for depressed immune system, the pneumonia could likely have been cured. I myself had pneumonia and was cured. You are picking at straws to somehow argue which is what you usually do.
the people who die, die of Novel Corona Virus Pneumonia.....regardless of their other conditions that have weakened them in fighting it.....

I too have had Pneumonia, but it was a bacterial pneumonia, that was treatable with antibiotics....

this Cov2 Pneumonia virus, has no cure or antivirals..... as of yet.

As you say, it really is about intellectual honesty.

These people, hardcore Left and hardcore Right, all follow the same approach. Particularly in the media, and particularly those who appear to think they're in the media:
  1. Begin with a simplistic, shallow, one-sided, highly partisan premise
  2. Highlight, focus on, and expand all information, data and news that supports your premise
  3. Avoid, ignore, diminish, dismiss and/or distort all information that is contrary to your premise
  4. Jump to dishonest conclusions, make assumptions, and belch out simplistic extrapolations based on the above purposely twisted reality
  5. When challenged, defend yourself by saying "everything I said was true" - which purposely overlooks all the information and facts you have avoided, distorted and ignored.
That is intellectual dishonesty in its purest form: Purposely mixing fact and fiction to push an ideological "point". And they do it so often that it appears to come naturally to them.

It can be Limbaugh, it can be Maddow, it can be any of their peers or any of their fans. These people are a malignancy on this country, and they're winning.

Last edited:
sure we do....

the people who die, die of Novel Corona Virus Pneumonia.....regardless of their other conditions that have weakened them in fighting it.....

I too have had Pneumonia, but it was a bacterial pneumonia, that was treatable with antibiotics....

Negative,they are giving an antibiotic along with chloroquine. Edited

Last edited by a moderator:
sure we do....

Negative,they are giving an antibiotic along with chloroquine. Read up before posting bullshit.
The combination is being tested, yes.... and has promise with some, if given to patients before they get really sick and are put in ICU....

'm using that article as an example because I use the term intellectual honesty a lot- Rush, is a great example as well as our own beloved, I'm sure, PoliticalChic- I've said for years Rush is very intelligent, but he is hyper-partisan.

Are you saying Rush Limbaugh is an intellectually honest partisan?

He is truly partisan but there is nothing about his theatrics and message to his dittoheads that can be described as intellectually honest.

i did have a chance to listen to Limbaugh today and I can sense that TrumpO has backed Mr Limbaugh into a corner.

TRumpO has recently converted to science from his partisan malarky that this novel virus is no worse than the seasonal flu and is being used to incite panic just to bring his presidency down.

TrumpO has newly built an entirely contradictory political survival narrative with his claim that he himself has shut down the US economy because the science tells him that it will save 2 million Anericans lives that otherwise would be lost if he did nothing.

TrumpO has dumped el Rushbo and left him for dead.

The Limbaugh theory you posted appears to be a flimsy attempt to bring himself and the dittoheads into aligning them up to the new science Trump who now believes this COVID-19 epidemic is very deadly. You know, what the left and Investor class knew from the very start.

So if any of you are converting to science here is a good place to start:

Last edited:

I have already predicted this myself. We have already seen threads reporting on inflated counts from Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back