I want to formelly become Catholic

Mortimer

I always liked to become a Jew. I liked to convert to this kind of Jew, who goes to a butcher and says: "I would like to get three of this fish here in your showcase". Then the butcher might answer: "Fish? You like to get three pork bratwurst?" And I will reanswer: "Oh ... I did not like to know the name of the fish!"

This American Saint was a convert. She converted after her husbands death. Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton: American Saint -

Mortimer

I always liked to become a Jew. I liked to convert to this kind of Jew, who goes to a butcher and says: "I would like to get three of this fish here in your showcase". Then the butcher might answer: "Fish? You like to get three pork bratwurst?" And I will reanswer: "Oh ... I did not like to know the name of the fish!"

This American Saint was a convert. She converted after her husbands death. Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton: American Saint -

And? Did your husband die and spoke the words of Bernard de Clairvaux to your wounded heart? Did John XXIII notice your holyness?

Last edited:
Mortimer

And? Did your husband die and spoke the words of Bernard de Clairvaux to your wounded heart? Did John XXIII notice your holyness?

So you are ridiculing me for becoming Catholic? Or you are saying I should not become Catholic? What are you saying? Btw Yesterday was Ash Wednesday and I ate a Tunna Pizza. With tuna, and paprika. I didnt ate meat. Im already doing catholic stuff and believing in it.

Mortimer

So you are ridiculing me for becoming Catholic?

No.
Or you are saying I should not become Catholic?
No.
What are you saying?
Ann Elizabeth said something about that it is important to do the will of god. God rolls his eyes when he hears this from me - so better you listen to her.

Btw Yesterday was Ash Wednesday and I ate a Tunna Pizza. With tuna, and paprika. I didnt ate meat. Im already doing catholic stuff and believing in it.

To be able to eat a Tunna Pizza, my dear friend, would be for many Catholics the same as to celebrate Christmas. Do you know what's the reason why we made the rule fish breaks not the fast? It has a lot to do with hard work and the energy it needs to work hard and a little to do with a holy trickery, at which we look smiling on our own. The basic rule is: "Fluids don't break the fast." and where swims fish in? In water. Water is a fluid so the fish is fluid-like.

Lollardy - Wikipedia
Lollardy, also known as Lollardism or the Lollard movement, was a Proto-Protestant Christian religious movement that existed from the mid-14th century until the 16th-century English Reformation.It was initially led by John Wycliffe, a Roman Catholic theologian who was dismissed from the University of Oxford in 1381 for criticism of the Roman Catholic Church.

Lust, Lies And Empire: The Fishy Tale Behind Eating Fish On Friday

Technically, it's the flesh of warmblooded animals that's off limits — an animal "that, in a sense, sacrificed its life for us, if you will," explains Michael Foley, an associate professor at Baylor University and author of Why Do Catholics Eat Fish On Friday?

Fish are coldblooded, so they're considered fair game. "If you were inclined to eat a reptile on Friday," Foley tells The Salt, "you could do that, too."

Lust, Lies And Empire: The Fishy Tale Behind Eating Fish On Friday

Technically, it's the flesh of warmblooded animals that's off limits — an animal "that, in a sense, sacrificed its life for us, if you will," explains Michael Foley, an associate professor at Baylor University and author of Why Do Catholics Eat Fish On Friday?

Fish are coldblooded, so they're considered fair game. "If you were inclined to eat a reptile on Friday," Foley tells The Salt, "you could do that, too."

Or more exact: It's easy to produce fish in sustainable management. And it is good for the health to eat varied food.

Forum List

Back