I want to Absorb this before I form an opinion

Is that okay mods?

This girl was 15 years old and already on probation?

She was not sent to jail for "not doing her homework", she was allowed to NOT go to jail, based on a number of promises.

She failed to keep those promises.

I just skimmed part of the article. THey did not mention what her original crime was, so they lost points there.

But they did make a big point that she is BLACK, in a WHITE neighborhood.

FUCK THE ARTICLE, FUCK THE WRITERS, FUCK HER.

You start playing the WACISM game, you can just go fuck yourself. I'm done.

It does say, actually.

The 15-year-old wasn’t in trouble for fighting with her mother or stealing, the issues that had gotten her placed on probation in the first place.

articel She was incarcerated in May for violating her probation by not completing her online coursework when her school in Beverly Hills switched to remote learning.

well unless we know what her probation was for then it just a bunch of speculation. Her records are sealed. So the judge had a reason but no one knows. Just assume that the online learning was the only reason. It may be she was allowed to do online learning at home as part of her probation. She appears to have been given an opportunity but didn't take advantage of it. We need to know what her probation was about before judgement can be passed.

More and more, this "record sealed" shit needs to stop. THis woman wants to use publicity to gin up sympathy for her brat?

Then let's hear the whole fucking story.

I want to know the details of her crimes. Were they violent? Did she hurt someone?

Supposedly assault and theft. Assault covers some ground though

Well assault is violence and theft well it could be something as simple as shop lifting. It does sound like she is a problem child and maybe because of her age she was given chances to settle down. It sounds like she was given chances to absorb the implications of her prior actions.

I just hope Trump does not hear about her and decide to pardon her.

I worked with a woman who's daughter went to school with a "girl" like this one, a "child" on probation, who was so violent that NOT bullying my co-worker's daughter, was a huge sacrifice and a constant struggle for her.

Meanwhile, my co-worker was talking to the school, who wanted to "educate" the "girl" and they were all, "she is a at risk child who needs help" shit, and my co-worker was "I am required by law to send my child to school and she is not safe in your school".

Luckily, it was only a week or so, until the "girl" managed to end her probation in some other fashion and was gone, so that that specific danger to the actual child, my co-worker's child, the one that actually WANTED an education and was actually capable of BENEFITING from said education,

could go to school without fearing for her safety.

We need to stop sealing the records of "children". People like you see "assault" and assume a slap fight and want to see her given "a change to settle down", when people could be seriously hurt.

You know, let me rephrase. We need to stop sealing the records of these FUCKING "CHILDREN" so that we as society can see what we are actually dealing with.
Easier yet. Reduce the acknowledged age of adulthood by two years. We’re already letting them drive, which is a huge, and potentially fatal responsibility. Couple that with the fact that at that age many are already doing what many consider “adult” activities; yet they are shielded from the consequences of those decisions. It makes them poorly equipped adults by 18. Worse yet, many of them are fully aware of the “immunity” they receive till 18, and take full advantage of it.

That would help, but this "child" is 15.

Is that okay mods?

She was not sent to jail for "not doing her homework", she was allowed to NOT go to jail, based on a number of promises.

I just skimmed part of the article. THey did not mention what her original crime was, so they lost points there.

It does say, actually.

The 15-year-old wasn’t in trouble for fighting with her mother or stealing, the issues that had gotten her placed on probation in the first place.

That must have been really buried, because I did not see it.

My point stands. YOu start playing the Wacism game, you can just go fuck yourself.

You want me to feel bad for this child?

Don't play the Wacism card.

And I want the details to show that her crimes were actually minor and not vicious and dangerous shit that was plead down by soft and stupid judges.

Until then, lock her ass up, and keep her away from the actual children.

Is that okay mods?

It does say, actually.

My point stands. YOu start playing the Wacism game, you can just go fuck yourself.

And I want the details to show that her crimes were actually minor and not vicious and dangerous shit that was plead down by soft and stupid judges.

Agree

(it literally was one of the first sentences though, for once they didn't bury the lead.)

Is that okay mods?

It does say, actually.

Agree

(it literally was one of the first sentences though, for once they didn't bury the lead.)

Ah, I see it. Missed it.

Mmm, They specify that the mom thinks this is about Wace?

Fuck them both. I don't care. Unless you show me the kid rejected the Wacism Defense, I'm writing her off.

Depends on what you read.
Not really- knowledge isn't biased in it's origin and can manifest itself in ways unimaginable-

The primary information in the news in the op is not there, is the details on the "child" criminal record.

Is she a misunderstood yute, unjustly discriminated against by the Evul Wacists? Or is she a violent thug, who should not have been given a second chance in the first place?

Her records are sealed. So, where did the reporter get the information on her crimes? But it came from the mom.

Ie, completely unreliable. and unverified. Because "Sealed".

What about other priors? No mention. Because they don't exist? Or because they don't serve the narrative?

What about her school record? Does she have a history of fighting? Of bullying smaller children?

If we are going to discuss these "children" in public, and eventually make policy based on the conversations and debates that these cases bring up,

we can't do that, with the information sealed. We need to know what is really going on.

Reading shit like this, does not educate you. It misinforms you.

The real information in this example is hidden from you. REading the mom's version is not education.

Forum List

Back