I Want a Pet Owl

You ever heard a screech owl? Sounds like a cat in the midst of a BIG fight. Amazing how a bird the size of your fist can make you rise up two feet off the mattress in the middle of the night, when that shrieking starts.

You ever heard a screech owl? Sounds like a cat in the midst of a BIG fight. Amazing how a bird the size of your fist can make you rise up two feet off the mattress in the middle of the night, when that shrieking starts.

The scene was funny, but the owl call was digital. They sound a lot more like a screaming cat or human baby than a set of rusty brakes.

I thought they just asked a lot of questions (who?)

You could always get a goat to scream back.

I just nosed around google a bit trying to find a good screech for you, and I discovered that they rarely screech--it is usually to defend its young, in midsummer. Which is exactly when I heard mine. They are all over and their more normal call is a very gentle rumble like a cat purring.
I love the ones that Whhoooo....don't know which ones they are. Owls are really cool birds and beautiful. Buy a pair of binoculars and let them stay free.

I just nosed around google a bit trying to find a good screech for you, and I discovered that they rarely screech--it is usually to defend its young, in midsummer. Which is exactly when I heard mine. They are all over and their more normal call is a very gentle rumble like a cat purring.
I love the ones that Whhoooo....don't know which ones they are. Owls are really cool birds and beautiful. Buy a pair of binoculars and let them stay free.
I wouldn't be able to feed him his live mice anyway. I used to have pet mice too. He'd have to be an outdoor owl and get his own meals.

The forest surrounding my home, is thick with them. I hear them sounding off every night...

The forest surrounding my home, is thick with them. I hear them sounding off every night...
I've never seen one. Only recently have I seen eagles.
I have a tall dead pine along the bank behind my house. Every night a great big Owl perches atop it hooting out, riling up the others secreted away in the tree line. I never realized just how huge she really was; till she spread her wings, and silently swooped down to pluck an unsuspecting mouse from the meadow. A truly incredible animal...

Last edited:
I friend of mine rescued an owl, and nursed it back to health. I forget what kind. However, the owl remained his pet from then on, and never tried to fly away even though it could. It was a very good pet.

Forum List

Back