I Voted for Trump. And I Sorely Regret It.

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
20krein-superJumbo.jpg

When Donald Trump first announced his presidential campaign, I, like most people, thought it would be a short-lived publicity stunt. A month later, though, I happened to catch one of his political rallies on C-Span. I was riveted.

I supported the Republican in dozens of articles, radio and TV appearances, even as conservative friends and colleagues said I had to be kidding. As early as September 2015, I wrote that Mr. Trump was “the most serious candidate in the race.” Critics of the pro-Trump blog and then the nonprofit journal that I founded accused us of attempting to “understand Trump better than he understands himself.” I hoped that was the case. I saw the decline in this country — its weak economy and frayed social fabric — and I thought Mr. Trump’s willingness to move past partisan stalemates could begin a process of renewal.

It is now clear that my optimism was unfounded. I can’t stand by this disgraceful administration any longer, and I would urge anyone who once supported him as I did to stop defending the 45th president.

Far from making America great again, Mr. Trump has betrayed the foundations of our common citizenship. And his actions are jeopardizing any prospect of enacting an agenda that might restore the promise of American life.

More: Opinion | I Voted for Trump. And I Sorely Regret It.

18krein2-web2-master180.jpg

Julius Krein (@JuliusKrein) is the founder and editor of American Affairs.

Better late than never! I applaud this young man for his honesty and admitting his mistake. I hope many others will follow.

Great job, President Trump

You are going to have to break a few eggs to make a omelet

20krein-superJumbo.jpg

When Donald Trump first announced his presidential campaign, I, like most people, thought it would be a short-lived publicity stunt. A month later, though, I happened to catch one of his political rallies on C-Span. I was riveted.

I supported the Republican in dozens of articles, radio and TV appearances, even as conservative friends and colleagues said I had to be kidding. As early as September 2015, I wrote that Mr. Trump was “the most serious candidate in the race.” Critics of the pro-Trump blog and then the nonprofit journal that I founded accused us of attempting to “understand Trump better than he understands himself.” I hoped that was the case. I saw the decline in this country — its weak economy and frayed social fabric — and I thought Mr. Trump’s willingness to move past partisan stalemates could begin a process of renewal.

It is now clear that my optimism was unfounded. I can’t stand by this disgraceful administration any longer, and I would urge anyone who once supported him as I did to stop defending the 45th president.

Far from making America great again, Mr. Trump has betrayed the foundations of our common citizenship. And his actions are jeopardizing any prospect of enacting an agenda that might restore the promise of American life.

Better late than never! I applaud this young man for his honesty and admitting his mistake. I hope many others will follow.
...and it' STILL NOT HER TURN.

:lol:

I had this weird flash back in history, in 1933 in Germany, many good people were fed up with the economic and political atmosphere ended up putting a mad demagogue into office as their leader.

20krein-superJumbo.jpg

upload_2017-8-18_17-53-12.png

upload_2017-8-18_17-53-5.png

20krein-superJumbo.jpg

Did the moron imagine Trump was going to open the floodgates to illegal immigration? Notice he doesn't state what his problem with Trump is.

I had this weird flash back in history, in 1933 in Germany, many good people were fed up with the economic and political atmosphere ended up putting a mad demagogue into office as their leader.

Hey, I had that same flashback as well...........................

Only thing is, this time the demagogue doesn't have a toothbrush moustache but rather a dead rodent on their head.

By the way................Trump used basically the same kind of messaging in his campaign as what Hitler did when he was rising to power.

20krein-superJumbo.jpg

'The Beat' had a great interview with him.

Forum List

Back