CDZ I Volunteer to stay quarantined if...

Although I am in excellent health (and can hold my breath for two minutes), I am in a statistically vulnerable age category. As a result, I am willing to remain quarantined indefinitely IF younger healthy people are allowed to return to work and save our economy. What about you?
So younger people run around spreading the virus

EXACTLY. The only way to "beat" a virus is through immunity, either by infection or injection. The only people we should be quarantining are those who are most at risk of serious illness and/or death. They are the ones who could overwhelm our hospitals if they all get sick at the same time. For most others, Coronavirus is no more dangerous than the flu.
According to Trump, allowing the virus to go unchecked would have cost two million lives

You have no way of knowing how many younger people would be killed by the virus.

According to Trump, allowing the virus to go unchecked would have cost two million lives

You have no way of knowing how many younger people would be killed by the virus.

That is why we should quarantine those most at risk.

Very few (healthy) younger people have died from this virus.

Why do you want to lock up the entire population and destroy our economy?

I have dealings with "younger healthy people" everyday. Most seem to lack common sense, have a sense of entitlement, and think that just showing up at work is enough for the paycheck... much like the participation trophies of their youth. I wouldn't trust them to wipe their own asses much less save our economy.

Hard pass.

True as that may be, the fact that they're being left 24 trillion dollars worth of debt at the moment isn't exactly fair. lol. Apparently the preceding generation isn't much better.

If they only knew, they'd probably choke the breath outta us.....~S~

Just out of curiosity, a question to those who want to open everything up.
Who will you do business with? This isnt just the usa, but over 100 countries are shut down right now. The information that has already been made public is going to make people wary to go out for some time.
so again, who are you going to do business with?
It sure seems like a moot point now.

Nobody who is out of work now is going back until May....if things normalize. I predict two months of this minimum.

Who will you do business with?

The same businesses as before the quarantine (except travel to foreign countries). Who will you do business with?

Who will you do business with?

The same businesses as before the quarantine (except travel to foreign countries). Who will you do business with?
Now I admit, this hasnt really changed my lifestyle, I have to force myself to make my monthly trip to town sometimes. I can be here indefinately if i have to. But I did make my monthly trip to town yesterday, and what a change from a month ago.
There isnt many people out and most stores had lack of inventory.
So given the reality of the situation, I hold the opinion that the business now is not only bad, it is close to nonexistant. It may be changed forever.
Anyway, I was able to get what I wanted, seed, hay and beer and cheetos.
I will sit out here on the edge of nowhere, watch what happens and eat cheetos while i drink my fat tire.
cheers

New Topics

Forum List

Back