I Thought Social Security Was a Great Successful Government Program??

Just another Govt miscalculation.

After all. When SS was instituted 65 was considered old. Now folks are living into their 90's.

Lets not forget all those drawing from SSI which comes is another name for SS. Plenty out there drawing who have never put a dime into SS.

Anyone wonder why its going broke?? I sure don't.

Another costly Govt entitlement lilke Medicare, Welfare. Medicaid.

Oh yeah. Lets let em run HC for the Country. Jeeze.

FYI claudette
SSI... although managed by SS, does NOT come out of the SS retirement monies collected from us....

you guys are blaming social security?

social security collected and has the money for a few decades to draw off of folks, it is the paying back of that money to SS that clinton and bush admin borrowed the past 2 decades to supposedly balance their budgets that is the problem...it is federal over spending that is the problem imho.

yes, there still needs to be SS reform such as extending the retirement age....my generation is no longer 65, it is 67 i think?......and that needs to go to 69-70 for the generation after me....or the salary cap of salary taxed SS may need extending to a larger group and a number of other reforms, all can bring us over the hump of the boomers.....

MEDICARE/MEDICAID is a whole nuther story....we will be bankrupted by health care.

I wish to hell we would stop the insane military spending we do and take care of the things that actually matter.

There is a differance from the insane levels of spending and the needed spending.

The government, especially liberals, rail on businesses for not paying a living wage to employees all the while the government gives nowhere near a living wage in any of it's entitlement programs like social security or welfare.

Neither party is going to cut Social Security, Medicare, or defense in any meaningful way.
No way man. Republicans are going to save the day in 2010!

GOP in 2010!
GOP in 2010!
GOP in 2010!

...i'm kidding.

Neither party is going to cut Social Security, Medicare, or defense in any meaningful way.

Your so right on that one.

Nothing will ever be done about these hotbutton issues until they go BROKE. Then someone will get off his ass and either get rid of them all or fix em.

The Senate voted 97 to 0 to take Social Security off the table regarding the recent plans to set up a deficition reduction/fiscal responsibility commission.

That is what you're up against.

On the other hand, I once heard Sean Hannity lament that he didn't think Social Security would be around when he reached eligibility age.

seriously...

Forum List

Back