I thought only Confederate/Slaveowner Statues would be coming down

Goodbye Teddy, at least this one is going somewhere it will be respected.

Theodore Roosevelt statue removed from American Museum of Natural History

Evidently proudly standing men next to Roosevelt on horseback = racism/colonialism/whatever.

They will probably replace it with some transgendered mixed minority revolutionary communist.
Yep, cancel culture intends to cancel the USA period. They need to be stopped, and their poison needs to be removed from the schools.

Last edited:
I'm still waiting for the Disney studio to be renamed because of anti-semitism. And Ford, of course, too.
But jews in the USA are somehow reluctant to smash shop windows, so it's unlikely.

Goodbye Teddy, at least this one is going somewhere it will be respected.

Theodore Roosevelt statue removed from American Museum of Natural History

Evidently proudly standing men next to Roosevelt on horseback = racism/colonialism/whatever.

They will probably replace it with some transgendered mixed minority revolutionary communist.
You couldn't have thought it would end with just one type of prohibited art!

Fascist totalitarians are always looking for something to randomly tear down.

So much easier than building anything.

Dogmaphobe
Yup. Teddy was a great POTUS and he lived one exciting life.

That statue has been there for 80 years and they removed it?? What a pack of idiots.

How Teddy Roosevelt's Belief in a Racial Hierarchy Shaped His Policies​

Roosevelt hardly saw all Black Americans as equals. “As a race and in the mass they are altogether inferior to the whites,” he confided to a friend in a 1906 letter. Ten years later, he told Senator Henry Cabot Lodge that “the great majority of Negroes in the South are wholly unfit for the suffrage” and that giving them voting rights could “reduce parts of the South to the level of Haiti.”

Roosevelt also believed that Black men made poor soldiers. He denigrated the efforts of the buffalo soldiers who fought alongside his men at San Juan Hill during the Spanish-American War, falsely claiming that they ran away under fire. “Negro troops were shirkers in their duties and would only go as far as they were led by white officers,” he wrote. In reality, the buffalo soldiers served with distinction, and several men were officially recognized for their bravery. Twenty-six died on the slopes of San Juan Hill.

“I don’t go so far as to think that the only good Indian is the dead Indian,” he said in 1886, “but I believe nine out of every ten are, and I shouldn’t like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth. The most vicious cowboy has more moral principle than the average Indian.”

Roosevelt viewed Native Americans as impediments to the white settlement of the United States and believed that white frontiersmen had forged a new race—the American race—by “ceaseless strife waged against wild man and wild nature.”

So it really boils down to getting rid of another racist fraud asshole being propped up by lies and privilege. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!

Correll
In real life most white leftist are spineless and gutless

That certainly seems to be the take away here.

Why else do most liberals online, seem to be complete dicks, yet the libs we meet in real life, are so much more polite?

It seems when they are safe in their mommies basement, that they feel comfortable being themselves, which turns out to be complete assholes.

Roosevelt hardly saw all Black Americans as equals. “As a race and in the mass they are altogether inferior to the whites,” he confided to a friend in a 1906 letter. Ten years later, he told Senator Henry Cabot Lodge that “the great majority of Negroes in the South are wholly unfit for the suffrage” and that giving them voting rights could “reduce parts of the South to the level of Haiti.”

Roosevelt also believed that Black men made poor soldiers. He denigrated the efforts of the buffalo soldiers who fought alongside his men at San Juan Hill during the Spanish-American War, falsely claiming that they ran away under fire. “Negro troops were shirkers in their duties and would only go as far as they were led by white officers,” he wrote. In reality, the buffalo soldiers served with distinction, and several men were officially recognized for their bravery. Twenty-six died on the slopes of San Juan Hill.

“I don’t go so far as to think that the only good Indian is the dead Indian,” he said in 1886, “but I believe nine out of every ten are, and I shouldn’t like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth. The most vicious cowboy has more moral principle than the average Indian.”

Roosevelt viewed Native Americans as impediments to the white settlement of the United States and believed that white frontiersmen had forged a new race—the American race—by “ceaseless strife waged against wild man and wild nature.”

So it really boils down to getting rid of another racist fraud asshole being propped up by lies and privilege. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!
Where are the black tech giants? The black industrial giants? The new ways of living producing tens of millions of new jobs. I know. The movies and TV sell us so different. This is 2022 now. Every black person who escapes the plantation is an uncle tom.

I've alwalys admired 'Teddy'. His self-created narrative of a sickly kid going west and cowboying to become strong was appealing.
His wildlife/natural resource conservation policies -- and actions -- were appealing.
He struck me as typifying the hoped-for American ethic of 'can-do' and 'get-er-done'.

I've seen that statue many times. I always thought it was imposing. I kind of liked it. But, if I was black (I ain't), or if I was Indigenous (I ain't)......I certainly would have looked at it differently. It's portrayal of paternalism and supplication would, I have no doubt, made me look at it far differently.

So I'm quite OK with it being removed from that venue and shipped out west where Teddy had re-made....and created his new self.

Of course, there ARE a lot of Indigenous folks out there. Maybe more than in the east. They certainly will have an opinion.
Those interested in their opinion can pick up the NativeRadio Network that plays across all of 'Indidan Country'. Perhaps their talking-heads will share the feelings of that community.

I've alwalys admired 'Teddy'. His self-created narrative of a sickly kid going west and cowboying to become strong was appealing.
His wildlife/natural resource conservation policies -- and actions -- were appealing.
He struck me as typifying the hoped-for American ethic of 'can-do' and 'get-er-done'.

I've seen that statue many times. I always thought it was imposing. I kind of liked it. But, if I was black (I ain't), or if I was Indigenous (I ain't)......I certainly would have looked at it differently. It's portrayal of paternalism and supplication would, I have no doubt, made me look at it far differently.

So I'm quite OK with it being removed from that venue and shipped out west where Teddy had re-made....and created his new self.

Of course, there ARE a lot of Indigenous folks out there. Maybe more than in the east. They certainly will have an opinion.
Those interested in their opinion can pick up the NativeRadio Network that plays across all of 'Indidan Country'. Perhaps their talking-heads will share the feelings of that community.

The fact that the "Indigenous" and/or black perspectives trump that of whites,

proves the ideas of multiculturalism and diversity to be failed, if not even intended lies.

We cannot live together in harmony, if whites don't get to have their heritage, because various brown people might be offended.

The fact that the "Indigenous" and/or black perspectives trump that of whites, proves the ideas of multiculturalism and diversity to be failed, if not even intended lies.

We cannot live together in harmony, if whites don't get to have their heritage, because various brown people might be offended.
-------------------------------------------------
I think there is another...valid....view.
If Teddy's statue would have portrayed less obsequisness, less supplication by the black man and the native, less 'superiority', less 'paternalism'.....well, I think Teddy and his horse and his two companions maybe wouldn't be headed out west.

IMHO

-------------------------------------------------
I think there is another...valid....view.
If Teddy's statue would have portrayed less obsequisness, less supplication by the black man and the native, less 'superiority', less 'paternalism'.....well, I think Teddy and his horse and his two companions maybe wouldn't be headed out west.

IMHO

Time will tell. If you are right, and it is only the "obsequisness, and supplication" that was the issue, then we will NOT see more and more white historical statues treated like this, and the issue will fade away as the "bad" ones are down and the "good" ones remain.

1642774960585.png

Attachments

• 1642774862693.png
    1642774862693.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 26
Where are the black tech giants? The black industrial giants? The new ways of living producing tens of millions of new jobs. I know. The movies and TV sell us so different. This is 2022 now. Every black person who escapes the plantation is an uncle tom.
Seeing as that you need to change the narrative of the thread because my posts leaves no no quarter for a factual rebute I'll entertain your idiotic question.
There is no singular white person that has produced tens of millions of new jobs, that's an uneducated and stupid statement on it's face. Any thriving successful company employs many different people in it's ranks. Here's a few, just to push your silly face into reality.

Meet 11 Black CEOs Who Made Forbes' Inaugural CEO Next List

Photo Credit: Amy Sussman
BUSINESS

Meet 11 Black CEOs Who Made Forbes' Inaugural CEO Next List​

Among the honorees are 11 Black business executives who are getting their fair shine as innovators of the business world revolutionizing the structure of the industry and on the course of making history.

Seeing as that you need to change the narrative of the thread because my posts leaves no no quarter for a factual rebute I'll entertain your idiotic question.
There is no singular white person that has produced tens of millions of new jobs, that's an uneducated and stupid statement on it's face. Any thriving successful company employs many different people in it's ranks. Here's a few, just to push your silly face into reality.

Meet 11 Black CEOs Who Made Forbes' Inaugural CEO Next List' Inaugural CEO Next List

Photo Credit: Amy Sussman
BUSINESS

Meet 11 Black CEOs Who Made Forbes' Inaugural CEO Next List​

Among the honorees are 11 Black business executives who are getting their fair shine as innovators of the business world revolutionizing the structure of the industry and on the course of making history.

Well let's just review your little list of CEO's, shall we?

1. Netflix - Founded by Reed Hastings - White
  2. Nike - Founded by Bill Bowerman and Phil Knight - Both White
  3. Disney - Founded By Walt and Roy Disney - Both White
  4. Microsoft - Founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen - Both White
  5. PepsiCo - Founded by Caleb Bradham - White
  6. Home Depot - Founded by Bernard Marcus, Arthur Blank, Ron Brill, and Pat Farrah - All White
  7. General Election - Merger of 2 companies: Edison General Electric and Thomson-Houston Electric - Founded by Thomas Edison/Elihi Thomson & Edwin Houston - All White
  8. Peloton - Founded by Graham Stanton, Hisao Kushi, John Foley, Tom Cortese, & Yony Feng - 3 White, 2 Asian
  9. UPS - Founded by James E. Casey - White
  10. American Express - Founded as a merger between Henry Wells, William Fargo, and John Warren Butterfield - All White
  11. Stanley Black & Decker - Merger between companies founded by Frederick Trent Stanley, S. Duncan Black, and Alonzo G. Decker - All White
All you've presented a list of black people who found success in companies built almost exclusively by WHITE MEN, which isn't what 22lcidw asked now is it?

But if I disagree with what you think, then I have a right to go burn down your place of employment and then piss on statues of Floyd because he was a violent career criminal before he ran onto that bad cop? and do you have a source for your accusations?

Forum List

Back