I think we need some posters to volunteer to monitor any unfairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the "new rules" you are throwing a fit about:

from flacaltenn's thread Yes.. USMB Moderation is Asking for Discussions..

"Titles and Opening Posts
1) Title must contain sufficient clues about the ACTUAL expected discussion. Titles like "How stupid are These People" can't be SEARCHED or indexed for search for the use of members or mods to find and manage existing active threads.

2) Titles must be free of INFLAMMATORY words, name calling or "pet names".. Those things are what make a title "baiting".

3) The "user content" in OPs that the existing rules require needs to be "stepped up".. "Get a load of this" -- is no longer sufficient topical content"... Must be 2 lines or more.. The more the better.. Must SUMMARIZE the topic to be discussed and why you think it NEEDS discussion..

To sum that up.. We're REQUIRING the Original Posters to START a clean topical discussion.,. No more juiced incendiary titles and ranting OPs.. If it's important enough for you to dash to a keyboard to poke it in -- need to put in the effort to start the discussion with YOUR views of the topic..

Post Content
Currently the Rules require "specific topical content" in EVERY post.. And the moderation method for that is stone simple..

Post has "specific topical content" --- stop reading, ignore the rest, it's legal.
Post LACKS "specific topical content" -- It's illegal.. Delete and/or warn...

1) That rule will edited to read "must contain substantial and relevant topical content".. This means that unsubstantiated generalizations about groups or political opponents is NOT ALONE sufficient as "specific topical content" anymore.. Yeah, you have to stop and think and spend a few calories composing a post..

2) Repetition, badgering, harassment, and repeatedly ignoring requests to clarify or answer questions MAY get you booted or warned... This may be specified in the official rules in the coming days.

3) Meme pics are OK - if they are about topic and NOT just personal and fit the definition of substantial and relevant.

4) Posts on the 1st two opening pages of a thread will be CHECKED by moderation when they visit.. These will be HIGHLY moderated, because the course of thread is determined largely in the 1st pages... If you're caught dropping into a brand new topic just to attack or flame -- you'll be warned and banned for one day.. Assuming there isn't more damage to the thread later on.. If you don't care to DISCUSS the topic first -- DONT DROP IN.. This is probably the most common issue we have with "tone", anger, and stinkyness of this place lately. It's a personality pile-on on Pg1.. Not happening anymore.. Keep a distance from members you consider "retards or morons".. Just ignore what you consider to be crap.. Don't prance thru it barefoot.. "

What is the problem? You want to reserve the right to attack people without commenting on the actual topic? You want to be able to call people names in the OP of a thread? Such lofty goals.
Promoting censorship,, must be election season,, democrats protections their feelings.. 99% of the posters here prefer freedom.

Vague attempts to cloak your whining as patriotism does not work.

What, specifically, do you have a problem with concerning these "new" rules? They have already been in place since I got here. They are just warning people that the rules will be enforced more.

But do point out which of the rules listed flacaltenn's post you have a problem with?
Many of us including in the mass email are saying democrats and John Roberts are deleting to many posts because there feelings are hurt

Did the posts violate the rules listed above? If so, blame the person who broke the simple rules. Unless it is you. I know you will never blame yourself for any violations.

That said, there is no need for the incredible amount of hostility and vitriol on some poster's posts. Stick with the topic and leave out the attempts at the insults, personal attacks and bullshit. Then you can debate or discuss to your heart's content.

What you are throwing a fit about is your desire to be free to be assholes. What you are defending is to be able to stray off topic specifically to attack people. It is ridiculous.
Are you saying they don’t participate in banter? Outside of the topic?
Did I say that? No.

But I don't see them claiming the basic rules of this board violate their free speech.
Lol what

What is difficult to understand? You asked a question, and I answered it.

Then I pointed out that they may participate in the banter, but they are not claiming the rules are censorship or that they violate their free speech. Do try to keep up.
Lol well there you go

And now you understand. But before you didn't? Ok then.
I don’t think you understand what you just wrote

What makes you say that?
You said the mods participate in off-topic banter
But it’s only conservatives getting attacked.
is that ok ?

The "they" was vague. Be more clear in your posts.

But nonetheless, the rules seem simple enough. Go by them and you won't have an issue.
I’m doing nothing they arent. It’s why we the 99% have taken action, and we’re told to back off .. hehe

Your 99% figure is still laughable.

Action? What action have you taken besides whining and demanding that you be allowed to break the rules in the name of Free Speech?
You just said the rules are being broken by both.. are you slow? Lol

Not slow at all. When I responded I took the "they" to mean the lefties you said feel attacked.

But in either case, if you derail the thread, whether someone else responds doesn't matter. You were the one derailing the thread. In your case, you often derail your own threads.
You can’t take it back now lol hahaha hahha you boot licker haha

I don't need to take anything back. I said what I said and stand by it.

You are demanding that breaking clearly stated rules is part of your right to free speech. Despite the fact that this web site is private property, provided to you at no cost.
I’m pointing out me and the 99% that we are being unfairly treated which you just said was true

Apparently, the mods are treating 99% of the people here the same. At least according to you.

And the most I said was that they may be joining in the banter. I am not backing off anything.

1) Title must contain sufficient clues about the ACTUAL expected discussion. Titles like "How stupid are These People" can't be SEARCHED or indexed for search for the use of members or mods to find and manage existing active threads.

2) Titles must be free of INFLAMMATORY words, name calling or "pet names".. Those things are what make a title "baiting".

3) The "user content" in OPs that the existing rules require needs to be "stepped up".. "Get a load of this" -- is no longer sufficient topical content"... Must be 2 lines or more.. The more the better.. Must SUMMARIZE the topic to be discussed and why you think it NEEDS discussion..

To sum that up.. We're REQUIRING the Original Posters to START a clean topical discussion.,. No more juiced incendiary titles and ranting OPs.. If it's important enough for you to dash to a keyboard to poke it in -- need to put in the effort to start the discussion with YOUR views of the topic..

Post Content
Currently the Rules require "specific topical content" in EVERY post.. And the moderation method for that is stone simple..

Post has "specific topical content" --- stop reading, ignore the rest, it's legal.

1) That rule will edited to read "must contain substantial and relevant topical content".. This means that unsubstantiated generalizations about groups or political opponents is NOT ALONE sufficient as "specific topical content" anymore.. Yeah, you have to stop and think and spend a few calories composing a post..

2) Repetition, badgering, harassment, and repeatedly ignoring requests to clarify or answer questions MAY get you booted or warned... This may be specified in the official rules in the coming days.

3) Meme pics are OK - if they are about topic and NOT just personal and fit the definition of substantial and relevant.

4) Posts on the 1st two opening pages of a thread will be CHECKED by moderation when they visit.. These will be HIGHLY moderated, because the course of thread is determined largely in the 1st pages... If you're caught dropping into a brand new topic just to attack or flame -- you'll be warned and banned for one day.. Assuming there isn't more damage to the thread later on.. If you don't care to DISCUSS the topic first -- DONT DROP IN.. This is probably the most common issue we have with "tone", anger, and stinkyness of this place lately. It's a personality pile-on on Pg1.. Not happening anymore.. Keep a distance from members you consider "retards or morons".. Just ignore what you consider to be crap.. Don't prance thru it barefoot.. "

What is the problem? You want to reserve the right to attack people without commenting on the actual topic? You want to be able to call people names in the OP of a thread? Such lofty goals.
Promoting censorship,, must be election season,, democrats protections their feelings.. 99% of the posters here prefer freedom.

What, specifically, do you have a problem with concerning these "new" rules? They have already been in place since I got here. They are just warning people that the rules will be enforced more.

But do point out which of the rules listed flacaltenn's post you have a problem with?
Many of us including in the mass email are saying democrats and John Roberts are deleting to many posts because there feelings are hurt

Did the posts violate the rules listed above? If so, blame the person who broke the simple rules. Unless it is you. I know you will never blame yourself for any violations.

That said, there is no need for the incredible amount of hostility and vitriol on some poster's posts. Stick with the topic and leave out the attempts at the insults, personal attacks and bullshit. Then you can debate or discuss to your heart's content.

What you are throwing a fit about is your desire to be free to be assholes. What you are defending is to be able to stray off topic specifically to attack people. It is ridiculous.
Did I say that? No.

But I don't see them claiming the basic rules of this board violate their free speech.
Lol what

Then I pointed out that they may participate in the banter, but they are not claiming the rules are censorship or that they violate their free speech. Do try to keep up.
Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

But nonetheless, the rules seem simple enough. Go by them and you won't have an issue.
I’m doing nothing they arent. It’s why we the 99% have taken action, and we’re told to back off .. hehe

Action? What action have you taken besides whining and demanding that you be allowed to break the rules in the name of Free Speech?

Not slow at all. When I responded I took the "they" to mean the lefties you said feel attacked.

But in either case, if you derail the thread, whether someone else responds doesn't matter. You were the one derailing the thread. In your case, you often derail your own threads.

You are demanding that breaking clearly stated rules is part of your right to free speech. Despite the fact that this web site is private property, provided to you at no cost.
I’m pointing out me and the 99% that we are being unfairly treated which you just said was true

Apparently, the mods are treating 99% of the people here the same. At least according to you.

And the most I said was that they may be joining in the banter. I am not backing off anything.
May . Go back to june you monkey lol

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

I said "may" to acknowledge that it could happen. I don't think it happens in the majority of cases. And you have no way of knowing whether or not the mods reprimand each other for it.

And why would I go back to June? August is doing just fine for me.

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

I said "may" to acknowledge that it could happen. I don't think it happens in the majority of cases. And you have no way of knowing whether or not the mods reprimand each other for it.

You already agreed with me. Take care

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

You already imagined it. You take care too.

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Giving you the benefit of the doubt is not the same as agreeing with you.

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Ok troll

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Ok troll

LMAO!!!

Says the guy who demands the right to break the established rules, and wants to be allowed to attack and denigrate other posters, without staying on topic. YOu define "troll".

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Ok troll

LMAO!!!

Says the guy who demands the right to break the established rules, and wants to be allowed to attack and denigrate other posters, without staying on topic. YOu define "troll".
Again you’re all over the place first you agree with me then you don’t agree with me.. I think you’re senile is kicking in

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Ok troll

LMAO!!!

Again you’re all over the place first you agree with me then you don’t agree with me.. I think you’re senile is kicking in

First of all, I never agreed with you.

Second of all, I have been consistent in this thread.

Third, you are just throwing a temper tantrum.

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Ok troll

LMAO!!!

Ok troll lol

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Ok troll

LMAO!!!

Ok troll lol

Weak attempts at continuing the argument.

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Ok troll

LMAO!!!

Ok troll lol

I set you up you fell for it. Now I rejoice in your pitty hehehe

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Ok troll

LMAO!!!

Ok troll lol

You rejoice in the fact that I pity you? Ok then.

If this was your idea of a set up, I really do pity you. I did not agree with you. I allowed that there may be others participating in the nonsense.

BTW, if you are so sure it is 99% of the other posters who are being treated unfairly, have all of them take 2 or 3 days off from posting.

But since it is not 99%, why don't you just follow the rules, stay on topic, and avoid attacking others? Seems simpler.

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Ok troll

LMAO!!!

Ok troll lol

If this was your idea of a set up, I really do pity you. I did not agree with you. I allowed that there may be others participating in the nonsense.

BTW, if you are so sure it is 99% of the other posters who are being treated unfairly, have all of them take 2 or 3 days off from posting.

But since it is not 99%, why don't you just follow the rules, stay on topic, and avoid attacking others? Seems simpler.
I do as everyone else I’m just more lethal

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Ok troll

LMAO!!!

Ok troll lol

Lethal? You aren't even relevant.

But you keep trying to sound important to yourself. And keep posting the way you have, and see if your "actions" prevent you from getting more of your threads closed.

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Ok troll

LMAO!!!

Ok troll lol

But you keep trying to sound important to yourself. And keep posting the way you have, and see if your "actions" prevent you from getting more of your threads closed.
Hehe

Post Content

Did I say that? No.

Lol what

Lol well there you go

What makes you say that?
is that ok ?

Huh

Ok troll

LMAO!!!

Ok troll lol

Hehe

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back