i think we could be a little nicer to our government...

Nonsense, 90% of these Politicians should be hanging from ropes right now in front of the Capitol. Our savings, homes, jobs, pensions......still hanging by a thread because of 30 years of "these politicians". Everyone says "they do the best they can". Huh? its' a hard job? WTH? Try a real job, those are hard.

They are still funding items in this famous "waste book" after putting out an annual book to tell us about how stupid it is? huh? PP is still funded? After Trump! They had from NOV 09 to JAN 20 to prepare a stack for Trump to sign into law. What have they done in 8 months? Not many big ticket items? Is the BUDGET balanced?They could have put through little band-aid fixes to the ACA.......they can't even do that? all or nothing Ryan/MM?

Trump is working to make things better, not "them". They only make themselves rich. The worst of the bunch get the richest. I have zero sympathy for them. Maybe for some true honorable GOVT workers, but never for "them"!

Nonsense, 90% of these Politicians should be hanging from ropes right now in front of the Capitol. Our savings, homes, jobs, pensions......still hanging by a thread because of 30 years of "these politicians". Everyone says "they do the best they can". Huh? its' a hard job? WTH? Try a real job, those are hard.

They are still funding items in this famous "waste book" after putting out an annual book to tell us about how stupid it is? huh? PP is still funded? After Trump! They had from NOV 09 to JAN 20 to prepare a stack for Trump to sign into law. What have they done in 8 months? Not many big ticket items? Is the BUDGET balanced?They could have put through little band-aid fixes to the ACA.......they can't even do that? all or nothing Ryan/MM?

Trump is working to make things better, not "them". They only make themselves rich. The worst of the bunch get the richest. I have zero sympathy for them. Maybe for some true honorable GOVT workers, but never for "them"!
and now are concerned Trump wont spend entire budget.....and thats a bad thing? with 20 trillion in debt can you imagine the if he managed to start paying it down......

• Banned

i think the public hangings might be a bit much. let's try taking down all the bad statues fist, see if that helps.

• Banned

and now are concerned Trump wont spend entire budget.....and thats a bad thing? with 20 trillion in debt can you imagine the if he managed to start paying it down......
i can and he will, that's just business, which he is really great at.

no one has commented on the supreme court.

you know ? the supreme court, the congress, let's give them a chance.

A chance to what?

Remember as it pertains to government ; Gridlock is good.
change our attitude when did you last call your congressman or go to a town hall ?

My attitude is just fine. It's the attitude that government needs to do more that is the problem

I'll say it again because there is never too much truth

Gridlock is good.

Our system was designed to be that way.

The less Congress does the better it is for all of us.

A chance to what?

change our attitude when did you last call your congressman or go to a town hall ?

My attitude is just fine. It's the attitude that government needs to do more that is the problem

Gridlock is good.

True, the less laws and regulations passed the better for the country.

A chance to what?

Gridlock is good.

i think you have it.

We are very nice to our government. 3.27 Trillion and change worth of nice. We ain't gettin' our money's worth.

SCOTUS?...activism/prejudices among the judiciary is ominous. Can we agree on the definition of activism?...probably not.

But I offer this dubiously refuted statement as an example...
I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life.
Read more at: Sonia Sotomayor Quotes - BrainyQuote

Social engineering, social 'justice', identity politics - that's not what we pay our public servants to provide.

We are very nice to our government. 3.27 Trillion and change worth of nice. We ain't gettin' our money's worth.

SCOTUS?...activism/prejudices among the judiciary is ominous. Can we agree on the definition of activism?...probably not.

But I offer this dubiously refuted statement as an example...
I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life.
Read more at: Sonia Sotomayor Quotes - BrainyQuote

Social engineering, social 'justice', identity politics - that's not what we pay our public servants to provide.
i cringed when she said that. but i do like her.
we know that people around politics can be mean, i want to see if they are as good at being nice.

we know that people around politics can be mean, i want to see if they are as good at being nice.

You want to see who's good at being nice?...politicians or their constituents?

I agree that awareness of the job politicians have been hired to do, and the constraints on them, are important for an informed electorate. There are expectations and then there are realities. The only effective way I can think of to be nicer to our elected officials is to let them know when they do something that pleases us. But it is our job to hold them accountable - we don't need to worry about sparing their feelings, imo.

Using Sotomayor as an example - I don't want a SC Justice to make a ruling from the Latina perspective, or Bader-Ginsburg from the female perspective, or Thomas from the black perspective...and the Constitution would agree. I want elected officials to fairly govern within the law and with disregard for gender or race - not because of it.

Is this thread a joke? Because congress and they supreme court have been a joke for generations.
Hey OP, we give them a chance. We have given tens of trillions of them. Every newborn automatically gives them thousands.
In return, they give us them getting all kinds of free shit from our taxes, money for corruption, unconstitutional acts, death, discrimination, supplies to terrorists, lies, manipulation and so many other shitty things.
Fuck congress and the Supreme Court. And a special shoutout to all the assholes that keep voting this scum into office

You want to see who's good at being nice?...politicians or their constituents?

I agree that awareness of the job politicians have been hired to do, and the constraints on them, are important for an informed electorate. There are expectations and then there are realities. The only effective way I can think of to be nicer to our elected officials is to let them know when they do something that pleases us. But it is our job to hold them accountable - we don't need to worry about sparing their feelings, imo.

Using Sotomayor as an example - I don't want a SC Justice to make a ruling from the Latina perspective, or Bader-Ginsburg from the female perspective, or Thomas from the black perspective...and the Constitution would agree. I want elected officials to fairly govern within the law and with disregard for gender or race - not because of it.
i would submit that casting a winning vote is a nicety. but it's a political death spiral after that.

Is this thread a joke? Because congress and they supreme court have been a joke for generations.
Hey OP, we give them a chance. We have given tens of trillions of them. Every newborn automatically gives them thousands.
In return, they give us them getting all kinds of free shit from our taxes, money for corruption, unconstitutional acts, death, discrimination, supplies to terrorists, lies, manipulation and so many other shitty things.
Fuck congress and the Supreme Court. And a special shoutout to all the assholes that keep voting this scum into office
are you a joke ? i don't think so.

If we entrusted a private corporation with nearly $4 trillion a year and they were as corrupt and incompetent as government they would be perp walked to prison.

If we entrusted a private corporation with nearly $4 trillion a year and they were as corrupt and incompetent as government they would be perp walked to prison.
it's a lot of wampum. our native Americans aren't as vocal as some of the other groups. winding back the clock of history to cleanse/scrub it is a slippery political slope.

tearing down statues with the approval of the mainstream media is new.
the mainstream media has become the leader of the new American Democrat Party mob.

Forum List

Back