I think the mods should take it easier on duplicate threads.

if they go bad because of duplication, how come you want duplicates???!!!

Wow dude...

Your reading comprehension is absolutely terrible.
.....here's your very ungrammatical sentence---HAHHAHAHAHAH--you dumbass--YOU are the dumbass
'''I've just seen decent conversations go down the toilet because duplicate.'''
1. you said decent conversations go bad because of duplicate
2. it's grammatical inccorect
hahahhahahaha

To anybody that's good at reading it will be obvious that I was saying I've seen good conversations go down the toilet due to mod action over it being a duplicate thread. In other words sometimes good conversations happen in duplicate threads that end up locked, and sometimes that's disappointing.
''disappointing''' ??---are you going to cry like a baby???!!!
godamn--you really care if a thread gets locked????!!!!!!???
Shut the hell up I don't like closed threads either and combining them messes them up.
1. a real Marine is never retired--just inactive
2. a real Marine would not use an avatar of '''Retired''

you also are CRYING about closed threads??!!! fake Marine
waaaa waaaaa they closed a thead waaaaaaaa waaaaaaa

LOL!

What an asshat.
.....if someone wants to discuss civilly and politely, I will--but when you start being a jackass, don't expect not to get your crap shot back at you
Shall I report you? we are in the announcements sections stop the personal attacks.
....YOU are the one who should be reported!! I try to discuss civilly and you and Confused man start being jackasses!!!!!!
remember your '''SHUT UP'' crap????!!!!!!!!
YOU are the ones who should be reported
...you talk crap to me and can't take the response ...you can dish it out but can't take it, I guess

LOL!

What an asshat.
.....if someone wants to discuss civilly and politely, I will--but when you start being a jackass, don't expect not to get your crap shot back at you
Shall I report you? we are in the announcements sections stop the personal attacks.
....YOU are the one who should be reported!! I try to discuss civilly and you and Confused man start being jackasses!!!!!!
...you talk crap to me and can't take the response ...you can dish it out but can't take it, I guess
LOL go back and READ WHY I said it you loon.

LOL!

What an asshat.
I'm truly sorry for hurting your feelings, Gunny

LOL!

What an asshat.
I don't know who you are thinking you can tell people to shut up ---hahahhahahaha
---like we are going to shut up because the fake Gunny ordered us to --hahahahah

LOL!

What an asshat.
you see, Confused man started the crap...that makes you a HYPOCRITE/wrong/etc
Go sit down somewhere grandpa. You're clearly not keeping up with this conversation.

..I strongly disagree----it's stupid to have copy threads

LOL!

What an asshat.
GREAT IDEA!! let's make TWO threads on the same subject--then everyone will have to go through TWO threads instead of one----so logical!!! hahahhahahahahhahahahaha
You feel compelled to participate in all threads? You know you dont have to.

tend to make the thread confusing and fuck up the entire conversation

poor baby

decent conversations go bad

stop crying

Shut the hell up

What an asshat.

stop the personal attacks.

HYPOCRITE

We got whiners, we got losers,
Crack smokers and boozers.
An' we got loonies, we got wingers,
An' we got , fire breathin relgimo sinners
And the mods all gripe about their battle scars
Mm, mm, mm, mm, mm, I love this bar.

images

We got zions , we got muzzies,
Bleeding heart lib warm fuzzies.
An' we got racists ,in our faces
Gaystapo demanding their spaces

I love this bar,
It's my kind of place.
Just walk in through the front door,
Puts a big pie in my face.
get-pie-in-my-face.jpg

It ain't too far, come as you are.
Mm, mm, mm, mm, mm, I love this bar

~S~ (w/apologies to Toby Kieth)

tend to make the thread confusing and fuck up the entire conversation

poor baby

decent conversations go bad

stop crying

Shut the hell up

What an asshat.

stop the personal attacks.

HYPOCRITE

We got whiners, we got losers,
Crack smokers and boozers.
An' we got loonies, we got wingers,
An' we got , fire breathin relgimo sinners
x3800.jpg.pagespeed.ic.16ciznSlAL.webp

We got zions , we got muzzies,
Bleeding heart lib warm fuzzies.
An' we got racists ,in our faces
Gaystapo demanding their spaces

I love this bar,
It's my kind of place.
Just walk in through the front door,
Puts a big pie in my face.
get-pie-in-my-face.jpg

It ain't too far, come as you are.
Mm, mm, mm, mm, mm, I love this bar

~S~ (w/apologies to Toby Kieth)
you forgot Confused Man's initial response::
''''Go sit down somewhere grandpa. You're clearly not keeping up with this conversation.'''

..if you discuss civilly, I am civil...if you START the jackass crap, you get it back....if you cry about it, tell your mommy and the mods

It's a hit or miss....

Sometimes they are closed, some times there are ten threads on the same thing....

It's not consistent, and a little confusing on how the threads are chosen that are closed or merged...?

It's less work on Mods if we do not create a duplicate thread topic....

But if we do, and the thread has more than ten or maybe 20 responses, it probably should not be closed or merged.

Many moons ago, when I was first a mod, dup threads were not merged if we caught the duplicate late in the game... where there were many responses on each thread.....

It is confusing and very frustrating for the "customer"/ Posters, posting in the thread when the dup thread is closed, you don't know why, especially when you spent 15 minutes writing a response, hit send, and then you get the dreaded message, that you no longer have permission to post in the thread, crapola.

Last edited:
So true. So very true.

Why, just this morning I performed my daily google search for "Russian meddling" and found a June 16th opinion piece in the Poughkeepsie journal written by one of the local high school students. I found it so incredibly important and insightful that I just HAD to rush back here and deliver it post haste.

Here I am, simply performing my selfless duty of keeping people here informed, and you folks expect me to actually check to see if it has already been covered?

...........and deny me the rightful glory that comes with seeing my name in lights??

Forum List

Back