I think the Democrats will lose the House in 2022 Election

task0778
You think or do you have evidence supported with numbers?
Not another gut feeling I hope. Maybe God will intervene again?
Good luck with that.

Congresswoman Cheri Bustos, a five-term representative from northwestern Illinois, announced her retirement from the House after her term expires at the end of this session. She won by a 52-48 split in 2020.

The Illinois Democrat had remained a member of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s leadership team this year, and few in the caucus directly blamed Bustos for their down-ballot disaster last November. Still, the Illinois Democrat decided not to lead the party arm again, and several people close to Bustos said she had been unhappy in the House in recent years and that her decision was not entirely unexpected.

“As I turn every corner on each decade of life, I take time to reflect and evaluate what my next chapter might bring,” Bustos said in a statement. “That’s how, 10 years ago, I decided to run for Congress. And it’s why, today, I am announcing I will not seek reelection after completing this term.”

Republicans were quick to argue the retirement was a sign of Democrats’ nervousness going into an already difficult midterm election, where the GOP would only need to win back a handful of seats to take back the majority. But Democrats have pushed back, saying that Bustos was not a predictor of a wave of retirements.

Bustos represents a district in northwestern Illinois that has shifted to the right since former President Barack Obama won it handily in 2012. Former President Donald Trump narrowly won her district twice.

Bustos also won reelection by a narrower margin than expected in 2020, defeating her GOP challenger, Esther Joy King, by roughly 4 points. The race — a prime target of Republican campaign operatives — reflected the surprisingly tight margins in many races, particularly in rural areas, around the country. King, an Army reservist, has already launched a second bid.

Bustos, in retiring, chooses to end her time in Congress on her own terms. Multitrillion-dollar spending bills, massive tax increases, and a push for DC statehood, her announcement suggests, does not play in Peoria. Maybe she saw the writing on the wall, what the democrats are doing these days probably plays well in deep blue cities and states, but not so much everywhere else. And while the GOP did not cover itself with glory as the fiscally conservatives they used to be, at least they are far less irresponsible than the democrats are. And it ain't just the spending, it's the end of the filibuster, packing the courts, immigration, abortion, and a host of other things the democrats want to do and will if given the numbers in Congress to pass whatever they want.

In short Bustos may not have been too happy with the direction the House is going in or their methods, but she may also be be realizing that the House is about to flip and her seat will be one of them. Sometimes you gotta get off the boat before it sinks, otherwise it can pull you down with it.
We need a healthy balance of power. I just very much hope that the balance comes from good hearted and intelligent conservatives and not Trolling Trumpsters. I have little faith that my hopes will become a reality. People seem to be getting dumber and dumber when it should be going the other way.

As long as the left is going to demonize, condemn, and censor in the name of identity politics, they'll ruffle the feathers of the other side, and you'll just get the worst.

Remember, at a resting state, it's the Conservatives who are happy with their lives and just want to be left alone. It's the Leftists who are eternally angry and want to yell at Conservatives about how their happy life is evil and isn't fair.
Yeah well the resting state has been very oppressive to those that didn’t fall in line with the racial and sexist power hierarchy in our society that took it upon themselves to define what normal is… so I don’t see that as a valid reason to point fingers or assign blame

Congresswoman Cheri Bustos, a five-term representative from northwestern Illinois, announced her retirement from the House after her term expires at the end of this session. She won by a 52-48 split in 2020.

The Illinois Democrat had remained a member of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s leadership team this year, and few in the caucus directly blamed Bustos for their down-ballot disaster last November. Still, the Illinois Democrat decided not to lead the party arm again, and several people close to Bustos said she had been unhappy in the House in recent years and that her decision was not entirely unexpected.

“As I turn every corner on each decade of life, I take time to reflect and evaluate what my next chapter might bring,” Bustos said in a statement. “That’s how, 10 years ago, I decided to run for Congress. And it’s why, today, I am announcing I will not seek reelection after completing this term.”

Republicans were quick to argue the retirement was a sign of Democrats’ nervousness going into an already difficult midterm election, where the GOP would only need to win back a handful of seats to take back the majority. But Democrats have pushed back, saying that Bustos was not a predictor of a wave of retirements.

Bustos represents a district in northwestern Illinois that has shifted to the right since former President Barack Obama won it handily in 2012. Former President Donald Trump narrowly won her district twice.

Bustos also won reelection by a narrower margin than expected in 2020, defeating her GOP challenger, Esther Joy King, by roughly 4 points. The race — a prime target of Republican campaign operatives — reflected the surprisingly tight margins in many races, particularly in rural areas, around the country. King, an Army reservist, has already launched a second bid.

Bustos, in retiring, chooses to end her time in Congress on her own terms. Multitrillion-dollar spending bills, massive tax increases, and a push for DC statehood, her announcement suggests, does not play in Peoria. Maybe she saw the writing on the wall, what the democrats are doing these days probably plays well in deep blue cities and states, but not so much everywhere else. And while the GOP did not cover itself with glory as the fiscally conservatives they used to be, at least they are far less irresponsible than the democrats are. And it ain't just the spending, it's the end of the filibuster, packing the courts, immigration, abortion, and a host of other things the democrats want to do and will if given the numbers in Congress to pass whatever they want.

In short Bustos may not have been too happy with the direction the House is going in or their methods, but she may also be be realizing that the House is about to flip and her seat will be one of them. Sometimes you gotta get off the boat before it sinks, otherwise it can pull you down with it.
We need a healthy balance of power. I just very much hope that the balance comes from good hearted and intelligent conservatives and not Trolling Trumpsters. I have little faith that my hopes will become a reality. People seem to be getting dumber and dumber when it should be going the other way.

As long as the left is going to demonize, condemn, and censor in the name of identity politics, they'll ruffle the feathers of the other side, and you'll just get the worst.

Remember, at a resting state, it's the Conservatives who are happy with their lives and just want to be left alone. It's the Leftists who are eternally angry and want to yell at Conservatives about how their happy life is evil and isn't fair.
Yeah well the resting state has been very oppressive to those that didn’t fall in line with the racial and sexist power hierarchy in our society that took it upon themselves to define what normal is… so I don’t see that as a valid reason to point fingers or assign blame
Can you point to where the law treats woman and men unequally? Or races? We overcame those issues decades and decades ago.

Can you point to where the law treats woman and men unequally? Or races? We overcame those issues decades and decades ago.
Well it was just recently that gay people were allow to legally get married, right? Does that work as a good modern example for you?

Forum List

Back