I think my years doing my current job are more limited than i want to admit to

One of my achievements was never taking on tasks I could not accomplish.

Best wishes.
Ive only done that once. At a young age was hired to build a bridge over a large creek. Bought long timbers, loaded on my trailer the proceeded to jackknife my truck on the first dip in the road. What a fucking mess that was.

Roughly 32 years swinging a hammer and it's catching up to me. My current job took me 2 days on a jackhammer to clear out one large bathroom floor and I still have 2 to go. Woke up this morning and my back hurt so bad that I skipped the final demo on the other two bathrooms today. Instead I focused on framing in the new lay out in the master bath.

If anyone has a NON NARCOTIC remedy for back pain please share. Up to this point I've just been using Epsom Salt in the tub every few days.
Welcome to the club....

A muscle relaxer prescription has worked wonders for me. Get your doc to prescribe a high dose to be taken right before bed only. Only take one when you're suffering.

Sometimes it's just time to move on, especially if a job is becoming physically painful to perform. That's your body telling you it's not enjoying it any more.

Admittedly, I haven't had to do any sort of real manual labor in over 15 years. I own two companies which are successful, and those afford me the ability to pretty much do as I please. I still need to keep tabs on my business interests, though.

So, that said, I'm considering selling the smaller of my two companies. About 50 people work there, and every single one is a stellar employee. Many of them are dear friends, as well. I've just lost the passion I once had for that industry and, when I go into that office, I feel like I'm spinnin' my wheels. I've got two employees who are considering purchasing it if I decide to let it go.

I turn 60 next year, and I know I don't want to turn 65 being a business owner. I'm in good health, I'm devilishly handsome (to those who matter to me) and have a smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend, 8 years my junior, who isn't going anywhere. We've worked hard to get where we are. It's time to enjoy the fruits of our labor...

A muscle relaxer prescription has worked wonders for me. Get your doc to prescribe a high dose to be taken right before bed only. Only take one when you're suffering.
I drink about a half pint on bad days. No interest in drugs that may be addictive. And yes, I get the irony on booze. One ailment at a time is all I can handle lol

Sometimes it's just time to move on, especially if a job is becoming physically painful to perform. That's your body telling you it's not enjoying it any more.

Admittedly, I haven't had to do any sort of real manual labor in over 15 years. I own two companies which are successful, and those afford me the ability to pretty much do as I please. I still need to keep tabs on my business interests, though.

So, that said, I'm considering selling the smaller of my two companies. About 50 people work there, and every single one is a stellar employee. Many of them are dear friends, as well. I've just lost the passion I once had for that industry and, when I go into that office, I feel like I'm spinnin' my wheels. I've got two employees who are considering purchasing it if I decide to let it go.

I turn 60 next year, and I know I don't want to turn 65 being a business owner. I'm in good health, I'm devilishly handsome (to those who matter to me) and have a smokin' hot Puerto Rican girlfriend, 8 years my junior, who isn't going anywhere. We've worked hard to get where we are. It's time to enjoy the fruits of our labor...
I had my main guy retire after he gave me just over 16 years. That was 4 or 5 years ago. To this day he still has a company phone and I'm cool with that. Dude worked his ass off for years and if that's all I gotta pay I'm good lol

Roughly 32 years swinging a hammer and it's catching up to me. My current job took me 2 days on a jackhammer to clear out one large bathroom floor and I still have 2 to go. Woke up this morning and my back hurt so bad that I skipped the final demo on the other two bathrooms today. Instead I focused on framing in the new lay out in the master bath.

If anyone has a NON NARCOTIC remedy for back pain please share. Up to this point I've just been using Epsom Salt in the tub every few days.
fish oil and tumeric is what keeps me walking,,
2 yrs ago I couldnt stand under my own weight and started taking relief factor and now other than the gout have little problems with my back other than a little weakness

Forum List

Back