Johnson I Think Johnson Has A Shot

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
Given the number of melt downs at the DNC convention and the proven fraud I think Gary Johnson has a outstanding chance not so much to win but to show his party as a viable 3rd party worthy of your vote.

Gary Johnson is in a unique position he can lose the battle {POTUS} but win the battle.{recognition}. That is what his party has lacked all along mainly from the press. He does not need huge numbers for party recognition, 15 to 20% will do.

Gary Johnson is only 6 or 7 points shy of hitting 20% and the email fallout has just started. 20% could mean more donations, more voters and more people to run on the ticket in the coming off year. That is why I think Gary Johnson has a shot, not so much at POTUS. The establishment and recognition of the Libertarian party.

If he pulls that off history will record that while he lost his party won its greatest victory. Doubt me? Just Google the name John C. Frémont .

Fury

Go back and look at the "libertarian" 1980 platform when David Koch ran for president on that "ticket":

"We urge the repeal of federal campaign finance laws, and the immediate abolition of the despotic Federal Election Commission.”
“We favor the abolition of Medicare and Medicaid programs.”
“We favor the repeal of the fraudulent, virtually bankrupt, and increasingly oppressive Social Security system. Pending that repeal, participation in Social Security should be made voluntary.”
“We support the eventual repeal of all taxation.”
“We support repeal of all law which impede the ability of any person to find employment, such as minimum wage laws.”
“We oppose all government welfare, relief projects, and ‘aid to the poor’ programs. All these government programs are privacy-invading, paternalistic, demeaning, and inefficient. The proper source of help for such persons is the voluntary efforts of private groups and individuals.”

"Libertarianism" as oligarchy. This is great if you're one of the substantial people, representation of capital, by capital, for capital.

Given the number of melt downs at the DNC convention and the proven fraud I think Gary Johnson has a outstanding chance not so much to win but to show his party as a viable 3rd party worthy of your vote.

Gary Johnson is in a unique position he can lose the battle {POTUS} but win the battle.{recognition}. That is what his party has lacked all along mainly from the press. He does not need huge numbers for party recognition, 15 to 20% will do.

Gary Johnson is only 6 or 7 points shy of hitting 20% and the email fallout has just started. 20% could mean more donations, more voters and more people to run on the ticket in the coming off year. That is why I think Gary Johnson has a shot, not so much at POTUS. The establishment and recognition of the Libertarian party.

If he pulls that off history will record that while he lost his party won its greatest victory. Doubt me? Just Google the name John C. Frémont .

Fury

The Green Party is also moving up. The more exposure to them the further to the left Hillary has to go. The MSM is in the bag for Hillary now but with a candidate more to their taste they may desert her.

the MSM

Go back and look at the "libertarian" 1980 platform when David Koch ran for president on that "ticket":

"We urge the repeal of federal campaign finance laws, and the immediate abolition of the despotic Federal Election Commission.”
“We favor the repeal of the fraudulent, virtually bankrupt, and increasingly oppressive Social Security system. Pending that repeal, participation in Social Security should be made voluntary.”
“We support repeal of all law which impede the ability of any person to find employment, such as minimum wage laws.”
“We oppose all government welfare, relief projects, and ‘aid to the poor’ programs. All these government programs are privacy-invading, paternalistic, demeaning, and inefficient. The proper source of help for such persons is the voluntary efforts of private groups and individuals.”

"Libertarianism" as oligarchy. This is great if you're one of the substantial people, representation of capital, by capital, for capital.

So --- giving the public financing checkbook to politicians who are doing everything in their power to BLOCK 3rd parties from the ballot is totally moronic and not even worthy of consideration.

Soc Sec IS BANKRUPT. Ahead of estimates and constantly NOW adding to the deficit and STILL NEITHER of you parties want to acknowledge that.

And quoting races from 40 years ago could be embarrassing to most EVERY party. Couldn't it?

THe LP has progressed a lot from the pure and academic in that 40 years.

I have a unique opportunity for you to buy one of 5 bridges.

You can then keep all the toll money.

The Green Party is also moving up. The more exposure to them the further to the left Hillary has to go. The MSM is in the bag for Hillary now but with a candidate more to their taste they may desert her.

the MSM
Green (Nader) is my escape valve when I absolutely cannot stand both other major party candidates.

Fury
Agreed. The LP will win mostly at local and state elections, but given how many American voters are dissatisfied with the status quo, voting for Johnson is a great way to send that message to DC.

Trump is betting the ranch that globalism is the key issue. Seeing as how we are spending serious money to prevent China from taking over oil fields with projected prices higher than the world prices I would say he is right in regards to analysis.

I agree 100%.

Thanks for breaking out the vintage logic and reason. Much appreciated.

p.s. Notice that not a single one of those points requires the use of force. Every collectivist notion absolutely requires mandatory compliance. I find that interesting.

The second Trump won the nomination Johnson's vote totals in November will be doubled.

The second Trump won the nomination Johnson's vote totals in November will be doubled.
Johnson is going to get the lions share of Sanders supporters idiot.
They share the same view on pot laws idiot.
Trump will get some Sanders supporters idiot.
Because they share the same view on trade and tariffs idiot.
Stein will get some Sanders supporters idiot.
Because some want a woman for president.

All Hillary gets is burnt out liars/thieves and has been's like yourself idiot.

Johnson is going to get the lions share of Sanders supporters idiot.
They share the same view on pot laws idiot.
Trump will get some Sanders supporters idiot.
Because they share the same view on trade and tariffs idiot.
Stein will get some Sanders supporters idiot.
Because some want a woman for president.

All Hillary gets is burnt out liars/thieves and has been's like yourself idiot.
The tallies and interviews do not support any of your insane comment.

They are progressives, they are not fascists or nativists or racists or sexists.

Anti-Trumps far more than anti-Hillarys will go to Johnson

Trump has a fatal case of hoof in mouth disease and Hillary is in Nixon territory on trust and favorables. The only safe bet is that major party votes cast as a percentage of registered voters will hit a new low.

Forum List

Back